Interstitial Cystitis Information Center
The Interstitial Cystitis Network’s goal is to educate and empower you. We want to help you understand what IC/BPS/HBS is, how to work with your medical team, the many treatment options available and, perhaps most importantly, learn the easy self-help strategies that you can do at home to reduce symptoms. We welcome you to the ICN Family! You Are Not Alone!
- What Is IC/BPS/HBS?
- Causes – What causes IC?
- Symptoms – What are the symptoms of IC?
- Diagnosis – How is IC diagnosed?
- Subtypes & Phenotypes – Learn about the five variations of IC & try to determine your subtype
- Treatments – How is IC treated? We outline the six step treatment protocol that works!
- Professional Pictures of IC/BPS
- Downloads Free IC Fact Sheets
- Diet – Diet modification is one of the first things that every patient must learn to avoid IC flares and pain.
- Self Help – Learn the common, day to day, self-help tips that can help reduce symptoms and prevent flares.
- Self-Help Blog – The latest articles on self-help from the ICN Blog
- Flares – Learn the different types of flares and what you can do to treat them.
- Pain Resource Center – Learn the best pain management tips we have to offer.
- Get Support Now in the ICN Support Center – Feeling alone? You aren’t! Meet others and ask questions today in the ICN Support Forum and/or find groups near you!
- Emotional Health Center – Learn about depression, anxiety and/or low self-esteem struggles that can happen!
- Romance & Intimacy – Learn some great tips to help strengthen your intimate relationships in the face of pelvic pain.
IC Educational Videos & Images
- Living with IC Video Series – Watch our latest videos about IC on flares, diet, traveling, holidays, preparing for doctors visits, family struggles and more!
- Men’s IC Resource Center – Resources unique to the men with interstitial cystitis.
- Senior IC Resource Center – Over the age of 50 and newly diagnosed with IC/BPS? Here are some resources that can help.
- Children’s IC Resource Center – Children face special challenges. Read our best tips and strategies here!
- Pregnancy Resource Center – Considering pregnancy? Thousands of patients have had successful pregnancies. Learn more here!
- Drug & Patient Assistance Programs – Can’t afford treatments? Looking for ways to save money on medications? We share the popular drug assistance programs.
- Disability Insurance Resource Center – Learn about disability benefits here!
Essential Readings & Resources
- IC Optimist Magazine – The IC Optimist provides feature stories on IC, the latest news and research, self-help ideas and strategies, new, flavorful recipes and more!
- Wellness Coaching – If you’re newly diagnosed and have a lot of questions, sign up for an ICN Wellness Coaching session to talk with some of the best IC advocates in the world. We can help you learn about diagnosis, treatment options, the tricky IC diet and, of course, learning to manage and prevent the dreaded IC flares!
- The Best Books About IC/BPS
- Books about the IC Diet
- Books About Pelvic Floor Dysfunction & Pelvic Pain
- OTC Supplements – Prelief, Azo, Cystoprotek, CystaQ, Desert Harvest Aloe
Author: Jill H. Osborne MA
Revised: January 16, 2017