ICN Awards and Recognitions
University of London (UK) Research Study Ranks ICN Top IC/BPS Site on web
April 2013 – The IC Network received the top recommendation from researchers studying the accuracy, credibility, readability and quality of IC/BPS websites. Researchers at the Women’s Health Research Unit of Univ. of London Medical Center conducted a broad search of the web for all IC/BPS websites. They identified 18 websites that were analyzed in depth. Of these, only four were found to have good, quality information. They wrote: “We found the best information was provided by ic-network.com, ichelp.org, painful-bladder.org and niddk.nih.gov.” The researchers encouraged physicians to refer patients to these websites, ” It is important for clinicians to recognise the benefit that these resources can provide and embrace the good ones as valuable educational resources.”
Source: SA Turlapur, et al.Quality of information on the internet related to bladder pain
syndrome: a systematic review of the evidence. Int Urogynecol J Published online- April 2013
Harvard Medical School (Children’s Hospital Boston) Rates Medscape & ICN as top two IC Websites
September 2011 – In the September edition of Urology, the Interstitial Cystitis Network website was named one of the two highest quality websites for interstitial cystitis on the web by a team of researchers at the Harvard Medical School, Dept. of Urology (Children’s Hospital). Medscape, a website that offers educational information for physicians and medical care providers, was our co-honoree for their information on IC.
We are thrilled that our small woman owned business was selected in such select company of the Mayo Clinic, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, National Cancer Institute, the American College of OB-GYN, the Archives of Family Medicine and the Cleveland Clinic. Several years ago, both the ICN and the Mayo Clinic were finalists in the Global Information Infrastructure Awards!
The ICN is humbled by the honor and absolutely thrilled that the quality of information on our site was rated so highly. For the past fifteen years, we have worked hard to provide factual, balanced and evidence based medicine information about IC on the web. We also note that we were the only patient driven support website who received this recognition for all urologic conditions studied!
Wellsphere Health Award
2011 – ICN & Jill Osborne honored with a 2011 Wellsphere Health Award. This award recognizes the top health organizations and individuals that make an extraordinary impact on the lives of patients.The award program recognize those entities that move forward the overall progress of such issues as health research, understanding, empathy, inspiration, awareness, accessibility, and networking. The ICN is delighted to accept this honor!
- 2007 – IBS Hope Awards for websites that offer accurate information and resources for patients.
- 2005 – ICN named the featured pelvic health website by Sunnybrook and Women’s Health College (Toronto, CANADA)
- 2005 – Univ. of Cincinnati, Ohio State Univ and Case Western Reserve’s Net Wellness Consumer Health Information Award
- 2005 – Five Star Review from Obgyn.net
- 2004 – Highest Review possible from the Medical Resource Reviews Database for comprehensiveness, clarity, layout and visibility on the web.
- 2003 – Editors Choice – HealingWell.com for exceptional web design, reliable and quality health information, patient accessibility and support.
- Finalist & Semi Finalist – Global Information Infrastructure Awards
- Four Star Review – MentalHealth.net
Revised: April 25, 2013