About The Interstitial Cystitis Network
The Interstitial Cystitis Network is a woman owned,“social advocacy” health education company dedicated to interstitial cystitis, overactive bladder and other pelvic pain disorders. Using the internet, we create innovative solutions to the pressing problems facing patients diagnosed with urologic conditions, medical care providers who care for them and the research community seeking new treatments and cures. For the past 25 years, we have provided critical 24/7 support to patients in need, developed new educational materials, conducted vital research, provided webinars/lectures and created IC awareness campaigns, all at NO COST to the patients who visit our website.
Based in California, we believe that IC patients have much to give the world, as well as talent and experience to share. We encourage and nurture entrepreneurship for those who may have lost their jobs and/or health insurance. We employ only IC and pelvic pain patients in our offices and/or as subcontractors. We value social responsibility and adapt, whenever possible, green business practices. We encourage, for example, the delivery of our magazine via email to reduce paper consumption and reduce the end user subscription costs.
Led by IC patient and activist Jill Heidi Osborne, the ICN received the highest score and recommendation from researchers at the University of London (2013) who conducted a review of the accuracy, credibility, readability of IC/BPS websites, outpacing all other non-profit and government websites. In 2011, a similar study conducted by Harvard Medical School rated Medscape and the IC Network the two highest quality websites dedicated to IC. We’ve received the Wellsphere Health Award, the Netwellness Consumer Health Information Award, a coveted five star review from ObGyn.net, a four star review from Mentalhealth.net and others. We prove, on a daily basis, that disabled patients have much to give the IC community and the world at large.
Mission & Motto
Support, Encouragement and Empowerment
“There is nothing so moving, not even acts of love or hate, as the discovery that one is not alone.” – R. Ardrey
ICN Management Links
- ICN Sponsors – The companies that underwrite and support our work.
- ICN Programs and Services
- ICN Site Map – Navigate Our Website
- Contact Us – Our address, phone numbers and office
- ICN FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
- Meet the ICN Medical Advisory Board
- The Writers & Bloggers of the ICN
- ICN Disclaimer – The necessary legalese
- ICN Editorial Policy – The guide that we use to add or development content for our website
- ICN Awards – The awards and honors we’ve won
- ICN Donation & Giving Guide – Our favorite recipients for IC donations and research.