Low Income Resource Center
When millions of families have lost their jobs, health insurance and homes, the times demand that we all look for ways to save money and to find resources until things improve. The ICN Low Income Resource Center shares resources about disability, drug assistance, home energy programs, food banks, housing, homelessness and the holidays.
Some IC patients have no choice but to file for disability. There are a number of different disability programs that may be applicable!
- ICN Disability Resource Center
- SSA Handbook - Read the Social Security Administration benefits handbook.
- How to Qualify - How to Apply - Calculate Benefit Amounts
- Books on Disability
- See what patients are saying about Social Security in the ICN Forum
There’s no shame in asking for help to feed yourself, your children and your family. In fact, if you go to most food banks, you’ll see hundreds of families and senior citizens who just need a little extra help.
- Feeding America - A non-profit organization specializing in food distribution and services.
- USDA Food & Nutrition Programs
- Federal Food Programs
- Food Stamps
- National School Lunch Program
- School Breakfast Program
- Child & Adult Food Care Program
There are a number of programs that can help patients pay for gas & electricity.
Nearly every drug company has special programs that can help low income patients purchase medications and, in some cases, give them away for free.
- ICN Drug Assistance Center
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance (PPA)
- Rx Hope.com
- RX Assist
- See what patients are saying about drug costs and assistance programs in the ICN Forum
Housing & Homelessness
It’s sad but true that some patients fear losing their homes or, worse, have lost them. Learn about resources here:
- National Coalition for the Homeless
- If you are homeless, help is available! - US Housing & Urban Development resources
- Find help in your state - Listing of programs via state through US HUD.
Holidays can be tough when a family is struggling with financial problems and IC. These programs can help create a joyful holiday season.
- Toys for Tots - Learn how to donate or request toys during the holiday season