Latest Blog Article: Ten Tips For Talking IC With Friends & Family
    ICN Member

Recent flare from exercise

Advertisement :

I've doing super well with my IC. As long as I'm careful with diet (although not as strict as before) and take my meds, I lead a pretty normal life. I even sleep through the night or maybe get up once to pee max.

Well since I've been doing great I decided to go back to the gym and do some zumba. I was careful though and did not do any jumping just step side to side during the jumping things. I was so happy because I had missed it so much and did pretty good for a week or so.

I then started feeling some pain and attributed it to some new bread I was trying. I stopped the bread but I kept getting worse. Good thing it was bit by bit and I don't think I made it to a full flare. Well I reluctantly stopped working out and voila I'm perfectly ok again. I'm very sad because I hate doing machines, it's so boring to me and I've put on the pounds. I also love doing group exercise because I'm a pure extrovert and get a lot of energy from a group of people. I can do some yoga classes but it's not really my favorite thing to do. I'm pretty much restricted to doing the treadmill, recumbent bike, row machine and some weights for upper body. Boring............

Well I guess this post is just for venting. I was in remission for many years in which I was able to do all sorts of exercises (even bootcamp). I'm venting to you guys because my family doesn't understand why I'm so upset about this. I just love working out and feeling that high. Thanks for reading and I hate this disease

Re: Recent flare from exercise

Same here. Love be exercise before but have a bad hip.any lateral movement of my leg or outward turn will tweak it and Iíll flare.
    Iím on a horrible one now and too, I thought it was something I ate but Iím really strict with my diet.
    Now I have nerve pain running down the adductor, flaring red burning pain etc. what is your pain like?
    I was up to a good 10,000 steps a day too.
    I feel your frustration and pain. So sorry Stanncie.

ICN Member

I have managed to return to cycling on a recumbent bicycle. However all my bikey girlfriend ride ordinary bikes. We all ride and chat,but this doesn't work well with my recumbent...it is heavy,slower and very low to the ground,so I pretty much just ride by myself,so much not as fun.I took a circuit training class the day after a rescue instill(I felt so good) (before the class). Such a flare after-. So I too am working out on my own.I am able to hike fairly quickly,but today I apparently crossed the line-as far as I can tell this flare is pelvic floor. Oh well. I too love being able to come here and find kinship with others who are in the same boat and "get it" the way nobody else can.

ICN Member

Thanks for your understanding girls. It sucks right? I think I even cope better with the diet restrictions than the exercise ones.

Songbird my pain is burning in the pubic area with some back pain. It's funny because I don't get crazy frequency from an exercise flare. I do get an increase but not nearly as bad as with a food flare. I've learned to distinguish them pretty well and I should've known it was from the exercise but I just wanted so badly to return to my exercises. Ah well back to some boring machines for me

I get crazy frequency. Itís so bad that I always go to the local clinic and have a full pelvic workip with ultrasound, urinalysis and vaginal swabs, which all turn out to be negative.
    Only then do I deduce that itís nerve and muscle related.
    It sucks pretty badly. Ps. I canít have sex either which is worse than the diet restrictions or the exercise for me.

Thread Information