Latest Blog Article: IC Diet Project - Fresh Blueberries Are In Season! Our Favorite Blueberry Love Recipes!
    ICN Member

Unhappy I really am depressed now and how to get back up

Advertisement :
    Since no one responded I deleted what I wrote. I will say no more. Just like in my real life no one ever answers me. I will deal with it on my own.
    Last edited by waterflow; 08-07-2017 at 01:46 AM.

ICN Member

Re: I really am depressed now and how to get back up

I didn't see your original post, because I don't visit here everyday, because honestly it can increase my anxiety which makes things worse. Please know that you're not alone feeling depressed -- I have been too, and probably a lot of other IC people, too. I even told a therapist a couple months ago that "I can't live like this" -- which probably really freaked her out! One thing I try to do is remind myself that things could be worse, and some people I know actually do have worse health issues that they're having to learn to live with. I think we're inundated by imagery of people in perfect health, too, which is a lie. Most people are struggling with something, or will be sooner or later. One example: The pelvic floor therapist in my town is booked up until October -- which made me realize there are a ton of us out around here dealing with pain!

We need to work hard to enjoy life as much as we can. I'm also trying not to give up hope -- although that really is easier said than done sometimes. Anyway, I hope it helps a little to know that you're not alone in this. I find that I go through these depressive "dips" that last a little while, but then get better. Sometimes I just have to ride them out.
    Diagnosed October 2012. Have never identified specific foods that trigger symptoms, but stress and hormone fluctuations are big triggers. I avoid foods/substances that are common triggers for other people.

Have tried without long-term success:

Cystoprotek (for 2+ years)
    Marshmallow root (for 1+ years)
    Desert Harvest aloe vera (for 1+ years)
    Corn silk
    D-Mannose
    Imipramine (Tofranil)
    Office instills (no relief from these, even temporary)
    Acupuncture
    Chinese herb blends
    Gluten-free diet (no improvement in anything, not even energy level)

Also have: GERD and migraines.

Thread Information