Latest Blog Article: IC Diet Project - Fresh Blueberries Are In Season! Our Favorite Blueberry Love Recipes!
    ICN Member

Licodane installation- can't stop urinating

Advertisement :
    Hello everyone,

I had my first licodane installation via a catheter. After I urinated for the first time when I got it done, not only did I have a burning feeling but I can't stop urinating and the urge is unbearable. Has anyone experienced it before? I called the doctor and he said it does sometimes happen but not often. When will it get better? I'm very worried and I feel horrendous.

Re: Licodane installation- can't stop urinating

Quote Originally Posted by Anne1989 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I had my first licodane installation via a catheter. After I urinated for the first time when I got it done, not only did I have a burning feeling but I can't stop urinating and the urge is unbearable. Has anyone experienced it before? I called the doctor and he said it does sometimes happen but not often. When will it get better? I'm very worried and I feel horrendous.

My bladder gets very angry and I flare worse after instillations and cystoscopies. I try to find more non-invasive ways to treat my iC.
    I would not worry though, it will get better with time. Unfortunately, with IC we have to try different treatments till we find out what helps. I wish you a fast recovery.
    William Ellery Channing:
    Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.

ICN Member

Are you taking any other meds? Sounds like the install irritated your urethra. I would ask the doctor if an antispasmodic will help. Ditropan is the one that really helped me but there are others. I hate these doctors that really don't care. If you call and tell them you are having severe symptoms the response shouldn't be, "oh well it sometimes happens". Do something! Help! Sorry, rant over. I hope you are feeling better soon.

ICN Member

I have burning feeling too. Every time the first pee after instillation. I am doing heparin, macarine, sodium bicarbonate.

Thread Information