Latest Blog Article: New IC Patient Survey From USC Seeks To Understand The Impact of Diagnostic Delays In Women With IC/BPS.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
    ICN Member

Re: Was wondering if anyone else used diapers for their IC?

Advertisement :
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrearail1 View Post
    Donna, I don't think it is incontinence as much as pain when the bladder even starts to fill up, right after peeing. Even just a tiny bit causes pain and pressure. But leakage doesn't happen. I actually need to deliberately void, say every 10 minutes. I am hoping this is a phase and maybe the Elmiron will help. I will try those Depends Silouettes that members mention. The maximum poise pads also rarely leak.
    Im the same, pain/pressure feeling at the slightest bit of urine, not to mention the tingling feeling in the urethra, grrrrr!!! I have started wearing attends pull ons level 8 when going out, I continuously void in them every 5/10mins with occasional bathroom trips too every 30 mins or so and find I do not need to change them for at least an hour or 2. I would love to wear one at night as I'm getting so fed up of getting out of bed every few minutes however scared it might make me incontinent as my body will just get used to voiding so quickly.

Wildberrysugar is your frequency any better now?
    Last edited by Lymph90; 08-12-2017 at 03:03 PM.

Just wanted to put this out there. If you use a diaper as a way to manage your symptoms, be it because you want the security of knowing you are covered encase you cant find a restroom or because you have some leaking or even if you are having a lot of leaking, you are not alone. You are not some kind of freak or odd ball. We are out there and I think it is more of a common thing then some want to admit. I ended up leaving this forum because I felt alone with my symptoms and I felt like i was getting a vibe I was not wanted. Please dont get me wrong, no one EVER was openly rude to me but there was not much talk on the subject other then people saying they never would use one.
    My point is this though, if you are reading this post because you saw the topic or did a search on the subject, know you are not alone. Yes it does not come up a lot but it does happen and I dont want anyone to feel alone or alienated for it.

ICN Member

What a lovely response! Thank you.
    Gabapentin 300 3xday
    Elavil at bedtime 10 mgs
    Uribel
    Sertaline 50 mgs in am
    Desert Harvest Aloe Vera or Now Aloe Vera gel caps 3 caps
    Benedryl
    Cysto Protek
    Pyridium
    Probiotic
    IC diet
    Poise pads maximum
    2 mgs Valium suppository
    Heparin, marcaine, sodium bicarbonate instill once a week for 6 weeks.
    Pelvic floor PT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread Information