Latest Blog Article: Beaumont Study Seeks Women With IC/BPS (Royal Oak, MI)

Banana Blueberry muffins

Advertisement :
    This is a fantastic muffin recipe. It is very versatile you can make it just with blueberries or just banana or both. If you can't tolerate bananas as some IC patients can't you can just use blueberries the batter will be firmer but don't worry the muffins will taste good.

3 large Bananas(I often use 4 or 5)
    Blueberries as many as you want I use a ton.
    3/4 cups white sugar(you can use a little less if you want I usually only use 1/2 cup and add more bananas)
    1 egg(or two egg whites)
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 1/2 cups flour
    1/3 cups melted butter(or margarine)

Mash banana. Add blueberries, sugar and slightly beaten egg. Add melted butter. Add the dry ingredients

Bake 375 for 20 mins.

Put the muffins in a container overnight and you won't believe how moist and tasty these are. I always double or triple the batch.

This recipe is so versatile because you can make whatever modifications you want as outlined and they still turn out great. Enjoy! I eat these for breakfast almost everyday

*****Variation: You can also do banana and white chocolate chips. *******
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

ICN Member

Re: Banana Blueberry muffins

Yum!

I'm on a fasting day today and these recipes are making me very undisciplined.
    UTI 3/2015
    IC ,PFD
    prescribed meds: Endep 60mg, Elmiron 400mg, BC. Enablex 7.5mg.

Supplements: Chitomur peptide, colostrum, Echinacea, liver detox swisse, calcium citrate, glucosamine, Psyllium Husk.

Daily diet: Breakkie- oats with chia seeds and no fat milk. Post workout-turkey breast with mixed veggies. Lunch-raw green soup with rye roll and handful of peanuts/almonds. Dinner- changes but meat and veg. Dessert-banana and sugar free custard (homemade) or banana and apple bake with almonds cinnamon and honey with a dollop of coconut cream.

Tried: tramadol, cystoprotek, multi right, diazepam, vesicare, Ditropan, mirabegron, Flomax, lyrica, progesterone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaarrrggghhh View Post
    I'm on a fasting day today and these recipes are making me very undisciplined.
    haha well when the fast is done you can eat up.
    I love these muffins. If you put them in a container or ziplock bag overnight they are super moist and incredibly tasty the next day.
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Thread Information