Latest Blog Article: ICN Evacuated In California Wildfires - Main Office Closed But Shipping & Sales Open
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34
    ICN Member

Re: No more pain after taking biofilm busters

Advertisement :
    Hi,
    just wondering how you are feeling now? I'm thinking of trying this route since my issues might also be caused by biofilm. Any update would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ICN Member

Not sure who the question was directed to but I'm doing well I have cut back on my meds occasionally if I'm not feeling well I'll take another Elavil or an elmiron I'm now taking 25 milligrams of Elavil and 300 milligrams of elmiron

ICN Member

What's biofilm?

ICN Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowalice1 View Post
    So after last posting i added nattokinase and lactoferrin to the serrapeptase and keeping up with the daily dmannose doses and i have no more pain, no bladder swelling, no frequency!!!! Its all gone, i cannot believe it. I have no symptoms at all and feel really good. Thank you ruby!!!!!! 😊
    Hi,
    I'm wondering how you are doing now a days? Did the relief continue after taking these?

ICN Member

Quote Originally Posted by sarah57 View Post
    Not sure who the question was directed to but I'm doing well I have cut back on my meds occasionally if I'm not feeling well I'll take another Elavil or an elmiron I'm now taking 25 milligrams of Elavil and 300 milligrams of elmiron
    Sorry, I don't really know how to work this thing lol I was wondering how the 2 ladies who took the biofilm busters are doing now a days. I'm curious to see if this has helped long term. But I'm glad you're doing ok too.

ICN Member

Hi, Could you tell me if you took the enzymes separately or altogether in one tablet ?
    Which brand did you use ? There are so many enzymes out there it's difficult to know what to try.

ICN Member

Hi, I have not ever responded but I read everything, so much great info! I have purchased the supplements you wrote about but I was wondering, did you take them just once a day or more often?

Thanks and I hope you are doing well,
    Irena

QUOTE=jsruby;684262]I have had IC for about 10 years. As with so many others it started with a UTI that resolved at first then came back with no evidence of bacteria. I was put on different antibiotics for about one month, then finally I discovered IC. I qualified for a study at Stanford University where they diagnosed me with IC and put me on Elavil. I began to feel better after a couple of days and they recommended I stay on it for 6 months. It made me feel tired and gave me dry mouth so I switched to Elmiron after a few months. After another month I no longer had any symptoms. I was in remission for 5 years. I sometimes noticed a similar bladder burning right before my period but it was very brief and nothing like the pain before.

Then I got another UTI, first one since I had gotten the other one 5 years ago. Same thing happened, went away with antibiotics then came back with no evidence of bacteria. This time a friend encouraged me to see a naturopathic doctor. The doctor looked me straight in the eyes and said he would get rid of the pain. As I sat in agony I couldn't believe him but he seemed so sure. He gave me 5 bottles of standard process supplements and instructed me to take them for a month. Even after the first couple of days I started to feel better. After a month I felt completely better and stopped taking them. I was even able to have sex no problem, I just made sure to shower before and after. I was in remission for 3 years, then I got another UTI, first one since 3 years ago. Same thing happened. Took antibiotics then the pain came back with no bacteria present, just white blood cells.

I still had some elavil and I took that for a week which made me feel better, but when I stopped the pain came back. I ordered the same supplements the naturopath gave me but they didn't seem to be working this time. I started scouring the internet and thankfully there is a lot more information about IC now compared to 10 years ago. I learned about biofilms and how they can be destroyed with enzymes. I looked at the supplements from the naturopath and one of them contains enzymes!

Here is some info about biofilms:
    "The popular view of bacteria is that they are free-living organisms easily kept in check by antibiotics. But scientists now realize that bacteria spend most of their lives in colonies or biofilms, even in the human body. While single bacteria may be susceptible to antibiotics, the films can be 1,000 times more resistant. These biofilm sites periodically shed bacteria which can ignite acute infections and fever. While antibiotics can knock out these free-swimming bacteria and temporally calm down the infection, the biofilm remains untouched." http://news.berkeley.edu/2012/07/12/...ic-infections/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpI4WCM_9pM

This idea makes sense in terms of IC. When you get a UTI the bacteria start multiplying in the bladder, and in some people who perhaps don't have sufficient bladder lining, the bacteria are able to grab hold onto the bladder and start multiplying. They form a film over themselves to protect from antibiotics. So when you initially go to the doctor and they take a urine sample they do detect an infection because of the free floating bacteria. The antibiotics kill these bacteria but can't get to the bacteria under the film attached to the bladder wall. So you still feel the pain but since there is no free floating bacteria it doesn't show up as an infection. However, the body may still be trying to fight off the biofilm bacteria, which shows up as elevated white blood cells.

I got a variety of biofilm busters and other supplements to draw the bacteria out. I'm using nattokinase, monolaurin, lactoferrin, and standard process lact-enz. To draw the bacteria out once they are broken up I am taking d-mannose and standard process cholacol II. Also take a good probiotic because I'm not sure if any of these kill good bacteria as well. After just the first day of taking these I felt normal again. After I started to feel better I started drinking marshmallow, gotu kola and slippery elm teas to recoat the bladder.

I read that magnesium, calcium and iron provide raw materials for biofilm production so I no longer take these supplements. Loosening pelvic floor muscles also helps because I have read that trauma of infection can tighten these. Hope this helps! Please reply if you try any of these and it helps you.[/QUOTE]

I am glad you have figured out something that works for you.

That is so exciting b/c it could apply to so many others.

I had urinary problems all my life, like voiding at least every hr, urgency, etc. I found it to be manageable till about 17 years ago when I got a bad UTI, same old story I just never recovered. I was in lots of pain 24/7 for years. After a while we figured out a couple of meds that did help, then the diet started to help. So my quality of life greatly improved, but my bladder still screamed at me everyday.

I was then diagnosed with PID/CVID or Primary Immune Deficency. Basically my immune system is compromised, I can't fight off bugs like other people.
    I was put on the treatment for this which is IgG, after being in this for about 6 months my bladder settled down. I now can eat most foods, still have a handful of foods I can't eat, as long as I stay away from them I only get occasional flares that are ussally short lived.

My thoughts are that the IgG reduces inflammation and it kill bugs off that my body can't kill. I always thought that I do have IC. I also thought that maybe it was from a bacteria that they can't diagnose or treat yet. What you write about sounds like that.

Thank you for spending the time to write out your story so others if they think it fits them can try it too.

I frequent the site still b/c I find there is always so many new people, I feel they need to be able to read the various ways people have learnt to live with thus, gotten the better of it, gone on to have a life etc.

I have read things on FB groups, there is lots of misinformation given out there, I feel people need this site to Be there for people. This site is so great with all the information you can find here about IC, treatments, doctors, the help you can get from Jill, Julie, Donna and all the posters. It really make for a one stop venue.
    My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

ICN Member

Update?

ICN Member

Which standard process supplements did you take? I have always had great luck with their products.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

Thread Information