Latest Blog Article: ICN Evacuated In California Wildfires - Main Office Closed But Shipping & Sales Open
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ICN Member

Re: in and out of remission or what?

Advertisement :
    I have a level 1 uterine prolapse which is apparently quite common in women over 40. My cervix descends about 1 inch in to the vaginal canal. It was suggested to me once that this could be a contributing factor to my IC. It certainly doesn't explain the Hunners Ulcers though!
    Elmiron 2 x 100mg daily for IC
    Relpax 40mg as needed for migraine
    Vitamin D - 1 tablet per day
    Vitamin B - 1 tablet per day
    Iron/Vitamin C Tab - As needed, usually during my period.

Previous Medications:
    Topamax - 2 x 50mg daily (migraine)

ICN Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Simmo View Post
    Rshell can I just say I think your an extremely lovely lady. Despite all your troubles you have your there for everyone on this forum offering others support line you have for me too. I hope your doing well this week and anytime you want to talk in here. Just wanted to say thanks your support is much appreciated xx
    Laura: thank you very much for your kind words. You have made my night. Feel free to reach out to me anytime as well! I hope you are having a great evening and will be able to go shopping again this weekend! Lol

ICN Member

I'm glad I've made you smile rshell 😀😀. I didn't realise how much you too had been through/ are going through. Unfortunately not a great day today but day 1 of period as we know enheightens everything. Roll on mri and urodynamics. My consultant did say you don't know this is necessarily for life he's had women who have had awful problems for a year or 2 and then had no problems again let's hope we're one of those hey xxx hope your having a great weekend xxx

ICN Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Simmo View Post
    I'm glad I've made you smile rshell 😀😀. I didn't realise how much you too had been through/ are going through. Unfortunately not a great day today but day 1 of period as we know enheightens everything. Roll on mri and urodynamics. My consultant did say you don't know this is necessarily for life he's had women who have had awful problems for a year or 2 and then had no problems again let's hope we're one of those hey xxx hope your having a great weekend xxx
    For some reason lately period time has been great but not ovulation time. IC is so weird!
    Thank you for your compassion! It has been really challenging the past few years with my health issues, just a myriad of things happening one after another, but I am stronger because of it all. I have developed a new relationship of understanding and respect for my body. It is a struggle a lot of days but I have a loving husband and two wonderful sons who I have no choice but to be strong for. I do my best to count my blessings and find the beauty in each day and to keep faith that I will overcome whatever obstacle may come next! Thank you for support and encouragement. Your new doctor sounds very positive! I like the concept that some have issues for 2 years and it goes away. Let's keep our fingers crossed for that! Hope you are having a lovely Sunday.

ICN Member

Omg we are identical in symptoms and stories.!!! I just ended a 8 month flare. Clear connection to stress, different diagnosis and all that. I would love to discuss further. My email is thompstv@gmail.com.

ICN Member

Hi Thompstv his did you heal? What worked? Was this your first bout of ic?

ICN Member

Ive had ic, or cpps, whatever you want to call it for 7 years. I am nearing the end of the first flare in over a year. So 95 percent better!

ICN Member

And sorry i meant 1 month flare. But was in remission for over a year. Lifestyle, paleo diet, and anxiety relief do it for me and supplements. Headache in the pelvis is a miracle book.

ICN Member

Yes!! Stress is my number one on the list that causes IC flares. If I'm going through a major stressful event or series of event, I brace for a flare because I know it's coming.
    I'm diagnosed with GAD with panic attacks, major depression, and PTSD. Keeping those at bay is a real challenge. I do take Klonopin, and that does help relax me, but I have to be careful not to take too much, as it is a benzodiazepine and has sedative qualities (which works in my favor at night--I rarely get up to pee because my sleep is deep).
    My other coping mechanisms is prayer, positive self-talk, and breathing in for a count of seven and out for account of seven, when I feel stress coming on. I warn myself to straighten up or else deal with IC on top of whatever else I'm going through.
    I actually believe all theories about this condition--the histamine one, the biofilm one, the bladder trauma in which the lining is deficient or damaged, that it's a neural condition. I'm beginning to think there are several roads that lead to IC, and that's why some cures that work for some patients may not work for others--perhaps the root causes of their IC is different.
    That's just a guess. I'm still reading, learning, and trying different meds, the diet, and stress management.
    Now I need to work on adding in some stress relief through yoga or light walking several times a week.
    Anyway, this thread is super interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information