Prep Time: 40 min
    Total Time: 2 hr 0 min
    Makes: 18 servings, 2 turnovers each

Ingredients

1/2 cup (1/2 of 8-oz. tub) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread
    1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. butter, softened, divided
    1-1/2 cups plus 2 Tbsp. flour, divided
    1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
    1 small onion, finely chopped (if you can tolerate)
    1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
    1/4 cup Sour Cream
    1 egg, beaten

Directions

1. Beat cream cheese spread and 1/2 cup butter in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually beat in 1-1/2 cups flour; shape into ball. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
    2. Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in medium skillet on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions; cook 5 to 7 min. or until mushroom liquid is cooked off. Add thyme and remaining flour; mix well. Stir in sour cream. Remove from heat.
    3. Heat oven to 400F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 15-inch square. Use 2-1/2-inch cookie cutter to cut dough into 36 rounds, rerolling scraps as necessary.
    4. Spoon 1 tsp. mushroom mixture onto center of each round; brush edge with egg. Fold in half; seal edges with fork. Place on baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray. Cut small slits in tops to allow steam to escape; brush with remaining egg.
    5. Bake 18 to 20 min. or until golden brown.

Make Ahead
    This is a great make-ahead appetizer recipe. Assemble turnovers as directed; place on parchment-covered baking sheet. Brush with egg. Freeze, uncovered, until firm, then transfer to freezerweight resealable plastic bag or freezer container; freeze up to 3 months. When ready to serve, place desired number of turnovers on baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour, then bake as directed.
    Note: For best results, let the refrigerated dough stand at room temperature 5 to 10 min. to soften slightly before rolling out.

Nutritional Information
    PER SERVING
    Calories 120
    Total fat 8g
    Saturated fat 5g
    Cholesterol 30mg
    Sodium 75mg
    Carbohydrate 9g
    Dietary fiber 0g
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 2g
    Vitamin A 6%DV
    Vitamin C 0%DV
    Calcium 0%DV
    Iron

"When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

Re: Hot Mushroom Turnovers

love mushrooms love cheese
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Thread Information