Latest Blog Article: Why The IC Network Walked Away From Facebook
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lower back pain

ICN Member

lower back pain

Advertisement :
    Hello, my name is MsPreppy and I recently got dianosed with ic... my main pain is lower back pain.. ALL the time.... does anyone experiance the same?

Re: lower back pain

Quote Originally Posted by MrsPreppy View Post
    Hello, my name is MsPreppy and I recently got dianosed with ic... my main pain is lower back pain.. ALL the time.... does anyone experiance the same?
    to the IC Network family.

Yes, some ICers do report lower back pain. I hope you will feel better soon.

Sending gentle hugs,
    Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [IMG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Have you tried a pain clinic to help with chronic pain? Back and bladder and pelvic floor are closely related said a urologist at UC Med Center.
    If you keep a green bough in your heart
    the singing bird will come.
    http://www.obsidian-sun.com/

When I get IC symptoms often I too, get lower back pain. Does anyone know anything that can help with this? I have medicine the doctor gave me from a pain clinic. However, anything else that can help? I really would appreciate some information. I do exercises the physical therapist gave me, watch my posture and everything I can do.
    Best to everyone here. Hoping more people do research on IC, Lower back pain which IC pulls my back out of alignment, and pelvic floor.

Time for beddie bye. Thank you everyone for being here. I also have arthritis in my back. Chiropractor quite a few times, helps for awhile until the next IC problem then it is back to square one.

ICN Member

Ativan is the only thing that helps me with lower back pain. If I go too many days without it, the pain is back. Whether I eat or don't eat, exercise or don't exercise, my back pain is back if I go more than two days without Ativan. I'm grateful that it works, but i am frustrated that my back depends on it.

I see that Ativan is a Diazapan and I am taking Klinopin and also Xanex. Klinopan is the only thing relaxing my bladder. Xanex helps me before bed because I have generalized anxiety disorder. I take generic versions of these. However none of these help my low back, maybe because I have been taking them for quite awhile. I go to a chiropractor but when IC pulls my back out more than once in awhile, I wonder if that is long lasting enough. I have exercises from a physical therapist. Perhaps the PT will use a tens unit like I did before. I understand that people can buy them but they cost a lot.
    Anyone else who can help me? I had an IC flare last night and backache and today no IC flare but felt a lot like a horse was kicking me in the back. I use an ice pack and move around and that helps but more help is needed. More comments please........

ICN Member

I take Soma for back but only as I rescue drug. It's a very strong muscle relaxer. I take it with a Mobic. I have been taking this for years, well before I ever heard of PFD or IC. I take it very sparingly.

ICN Member

Thank you all for your replies. The doctor that "I had" believes that only the amitriptyline is all I need. After 3 weeks of seeing her the office informed me that they don't accept my insurance. So I have an appt to see another uroloogist on Wed. With that being said I REALLY hopes he can help me. I also have a handicapp child (23rs old) that I care for. She is an extraordinary woman and I am SO blessed to be her Mommy... but it can be challenging having IC and caring for her. All of my family is very supportive and help in any way they can. She has been sick for 2yrs and has had 3 surgeries this past year,. So the stress is very high and worsens my IC. I take elmiron 600mg day and amitrpytine 10mg. But I need something more for my disabing back pain. I probably sound like a big baby.. I just feel so bad ALL the time !

ICN Member

I hope that y'all find relief in your back also!

ICN Member

You should talk to your PCP about getting something for your back. I am also on Amitriptyline(25 mg) but that only helps with bladder discomfort. It wouldn't touch my back pain. I had PT for PFD and it has helped my back pain to the point I have had no pain in over a month.

I would suggest you have your new doctor do a PFD assessment given your symptoms. Lower back pain can be related to tight pelvic muscles as everything down there is interconnected.

Hi
    I get low back pain as well, Im actually very surprised so many others do too! When I brought it up with my Urologist, he insisted that it had nothing to do with IC and that it was just unrelated. Typically, my pains don't last me very long, but they seem to come and go with the flares, and come on randomly and last for short, sharp bursts. They are pretty painful, and I often find I need to lay down for about 10-20 minutes until they go away. The back pain isn't nearly as common for me, and I would say I get it maybe once a week or so. Sometimes, I get low back pain that's also more of a dull ache, and it may last for a few hours at a time instead, and these are more common for me...not nearly as painful...more or less irritating, and uncomfortable, and make it hard to sit still and sleep sometimes. I find that when I alternate hot/cold on my back and drink water and tea, it usually helps the pain for me. Way easier to get rid of than a flare.

ICN Member

Thank y'all so much for your replies! I saw my new uro today and she told me that she believes IC is more of a mental thing! I told her that me and thousands of other women and men were not "crazy" that we are really in pain! She does not believe in treating this crazy thing! I thanked her for her
    time and told her she was not going to work for me as my doctor! I am going to talk to my PCP and ask her for something for my back. No one said life was easy.... but my bucket is almost FULL!

ICN Member

Good evening NishQuiche my first uro told me that back pain was very common on ic patients. I've heard of people talking about pelvic floor and I just wonder if that could be a problem. For mine its neverending. But its not muscle or spine... its only in my lower back. But I hope you feel better soon. As well as everyone else!

ICN Member

MrsPreppy, sorry you Uro was so dismissive. My first Uro was also - said my problem was anxiety related. Fortunately my gyno still suspected IC and the Uro I see now, who specializes in female voiding issues, didn't dismiss it as just anxiety (though anxiety does make symptoms worse.)
    All the muscles in the pelvic region are interconnected which is why it's quite common to have back pain, leg pain, etc.

I hope you can find another Uro who specializes in IC/PFD.

ohmygosh Im sooo sorry for how you were treated MrsPreppy! That's horrible!!! It still amazes and appalls me with just how little urologists really know about IC sometimes...my doctor isnt necessarily outright dismissive, but he just has very little knowledge on the subject, and his nurses are more or less the dismissive ones (they believe its just UTI), and since I have to deal with his nurses more of the time, its such a pain...Im glad you stood up for yourself and went a different direction though! We almost need a whole separate section on here about overcoming difficult or dismissive doctors. Hope everything works out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information