Latest Blog Article: Why The IC Network Walked Away From Facebook
    ICN Member

Has anyone tried "Coconut Vinegar" from Coconut Secret

Advertisement :
    Just wondering if this is a vinegar like other regular ones or it may be IC friendly? Really need some replacement of vinegar...

Health Secrets of Coconut Vinegar
    When the coconut tree is tapped it produces a highly nutrient-rich "sap" that exudes from the coconut blossoms. This sap is very low glycemic, and is an abundant source of 17 amino acids, minerals, vitamin C, broad-spectrum B vitamins, and has a nearly neutral pH.

Small batches ensure that our raw, certified organic Vinegar made from this natural sap, is an unheated, enzymatically alive product, naturally aged for 8 months to one year. Coconut Vinegar nutritionally exceeds other vinegars in its amino acid, vitamin and mineral contents, and is an excellent source of FOS (a prebiotic that promotes digestive health).

Recipe Tips
    In addition to using in your favorite dressings and marinades, our Coconut Vinegar may also be used instead of apple cider vinegar for skincare or with any internal cleansing program. (This delicious vinegar does not have a coconutty flavor, and does not need refrigeration.)
    Free Of
    Gluten and GMO.
    Disclaimer
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat,

Re: Has anyone tried "Coconut Vinegar" from Coconut Secret

Just the word "vinegar" gives me the willies. I would not even try it. If you're curious about whether it's acid (and "vinegar" says it is), you could put a little soda in some and see if it foams. If it does, that verifies that it's acid.

Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [IMG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

ICN Member

I haven't been brave enough to try their vinegar, but I love their Coconut Aminos in place of soy. I find that leaving out the tablespoon or two of vinegars out of recipes doesn't really change the flavor much. As for salad dressing, I just go without.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My blog on IC, adoption, and academia: the garlic whisperer

Diagnosed Jan 2013. Currently taking:

200mg Elmiron morning and night
    25mg Elavil at night (no drowsiness or weight gain)
    culturelle in the morning
    SLIT drops for allergies (environmental) 3 drops/night under the tongue
    zyrtec 24 hour nightly (recommended by uro)
    Instillations 3x/week: Parson's Solution
    uribel and prelief as needed

Also took Desert Harvest Aloe (3 in the morning and 3 at night) for a year and had great luck.
    No longer need them, so I only take them during flares.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyhippoc View Post
    Just wondering if this is a vinegar like other regular ones or it may be IC friendly? Really need some replacement of vinegar...

Health Secrets of Coconut Vinegar
    When the coconut tree is tapped it produces a highly nutrient-rich "sap" that exudes from the coconut blossoms. This sap is very low glycemic, and is an abundant source of 17 amino acids, minerals, vitamin C, broad-spectrum B vitamins, and has a nearly neutral pH.

Small batches ensure that our raw, certified organic Vinegar made from this natural sap, is an unheated, enzymatically alive product, naturally aged for 8 months to one year. Coconut Vinegar nutritionally exceeds other vinegars in its amino acid, vitamin and mineral contents, and is an excellent source of FOS (a prebiotic that promotes digestive health).

Recipe Tips
    In addition to using in your favorite dressings and marinades, our Coconut Vinegar may also be used instead of apple cider vinegar for skincare or with any internal cleansing program. (This delicious vinegar does not have a coconutty flavor, and does not need refrigeration.)
    Free Of
    Gluten and GMO.
    Disclaimer
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat,
    Just looked it up so it's only coconut sap nothing else in the ingredient list. Not an actual vinegar. I've never tried it but I'm with Donna just the word vinegar makes me bladder hurt. Let us know if you try it.
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

ICN Member

Here's what made my antennae go up:

Small batches ensure that our raw, certified organic Vinegar made from this natural sap, is an unheated, enzymatically alive product, naturally aged for 8 months to one year.

Aged foods usually involve some kind of fermentation, i.e., acidic. Below is an overview of coconut vinegar I found on another website which supports what I thought.

Coconut vinegar is similar to other fermented vinegars such as apple cider and balsamic vinegars. It can either be made with coconut water or from the sap, or "tuba," of the coconut tree. Coconut vinegar is a staple condiment in Southeast Asia, particularly in the Philippines, where it is called suka ng niyog, and is also used in some regions of India. Coconut vinegar is white and cloudy with a very pungent acidic taste and a hint of yeast. As with apple cider vinegar, coconut vinegar includes the "mother," or culture of organisms that caused the fermentation.

That right there does it for me. Don't just walk away from this stuff... RUN!

"When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

ICN Member

I just bought this. Does anyone have an updated review? Or are people running from it because its fermented?

Thanks.

Thread Information