Latest Blog Article: Beaumont Study Seeks Women With IC/BPS (Royal Oak, MI)

Dairy & egg free recipes?

Advertisement :
    I found out that I can't tolerate milk, eggs, cheese, basically anything good. I've been eating yams, another green vegetable, and plain chicken for every lunch and dinner I've had. There is a lot more I can't tolerate that I've seen you guys on this site can eat. I can't have noodles, any type of peppers, when I eat sandwiches all I've found so far that I can have is lettuce and Hormel turkey.... please does anyone have any suggestions. My IC symptoms aren't as bad as some people talk about that theirs is. As long as I stay away from those foods I am good. Some days I go three hours without having to use the bathroom...but I am so unhappy...I eat and not long later I am hungry again with nothing to eat...I'd appreciate any help you can give. I'm starving for some real food. I flare easily...this sucks! Help Please and Thanks!
    I've had IC I guess my whole life, however, I was diagnosed in Spring of 2011.
    I've tried colostrum, Cystoprotek, and other herbs and meds.
    I drink Marshmallow Root Tea & Raspberry Leaf Tea --- sometimes I drink Chamomile Tea too!
    My urologist just put me on myrbetriq for OAB.
    Hoping to be prescribed Hydroxyzine to decrease night time voiding, daytime frequency, pain (burning and pressure)

You're right: I don't look ill. Interstitial Cystitis is an invisible disease. And see, sweetheart: you don't look stupid either!

"Everyday is a battle, everyday is a struggle and I refuse to be defeated! Interstitial Cystitis will not beat me! Depression will not concur me! I will fight like a girl!"

-Author to me unknown

ICN Member
    have you tried coconut milk? also, what about being tested for celiac's disease? I ask, because your dietary restrictions sound a lot like a friend of mine's and he just found out he has Celiac's.

try coconut milk...it is a great sub. or you could maybe try almond milk? what about oatmeal?
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My blog on IC, adoption, and academia: the garlic whisperer

Diagnosed Jan 2013. Currently taking:

200mg Elmiron morning and night
    25mg Elavil at night (no drowsiness or weight gain)
    culturelle in the morning
    SLIT drops for allergies (environmental) 3 drops/night under the tongue
    zyrtec 24 hour nightly (recommended by uro)
    Instillations 3x/week: Parson's Solution
    uribel and prelief as needed

Also took Desert Harvest Aloe (3 in the morning and 3 at night) for a year and had great luck.
    No longer need them, so I only take them during flares.

Thanks for the reply,

Actually my grandpa who just passed had celiac disease, so it is a possibility that I could too. But I don't get stomach pains or get sick from eating foods...just flares.

I've tried coconut and almond milk...I don't know if they worked for me...there must have been something else in them I couldn't have...Though I think I will try them both again. I haven't been keeping track in a journal of what I eat...I am not good at being consistent that way....but I can't have oatmeal....tried and it doesn't like me much... I just need some good lunch and dinner ideas...but I've noticed a lot of people on here posting stuff that I can't have certain ingredients and its hard to think of substitute ingredients. I'll keep trying though....
    I drink Marshmallow Root Tea & Raspberry Leaf Tea --- sometimes I drink Chamomile Tea too!
    Hoping to be prescribed Hydroxyzine to decrease night time voiding, daytime frequency, pain (burning and pressure)

You're right: I don't look ill. Interstitial Cystitis is an invisible disease. And see, sweetheart: you don't look stupid either!

"Everyday is a battle, everyday is a struggle and I refuse to be defeated! Interstitial Cystitis will not beat me! Depression will not concur me! I will fight like a girl!"

-Author to me unknown

ICN Member
    how closely are you following the IC diet? you should follow it closely for a month or two and then start adding in other foods. that will help you figure out what you can eat and what you can't. it may be that you can eat more than you think. the food diary is important too. I keep one in a monthly calendar planner, along with my pain so I can see when things change at a glance. also, are you drinking a water with a high ph? that can help too

if you ever wonder what to sub out, ask us! this message board is a great resource
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My blog on IC, adoption, and academia: the garlic whisperer

Diagnosed Jan 2013. Currently taking:

200mg Elmiron morning and night
    25mg Elavil at night (no drowsiness or weight gain)
    culturelle in the morning
    SLIT drops for allergies (environmental) 3 drops/night under the tongue
    zyrtec 24 hour nightly (recommended by uro)
    Instillations 3x/week: Parson's Solution
    uribel and prelief as needed

Also took Desert Harvest Aloe (3 in the morning and 3 at night) for a year and had great luck.
    No longer need them, so I only take them during flares.

I've been following the IC diet religiously I am eating less than others with this diet. Its just that I get flares easily even if I eat something IC friendly...something I've ate for a long time since I found out I had IC in 2011. I drink well water...that doesn't seem to bother me. I just don't know what to do anymore. I am following the diet and finding I have to even cut out a lot of things that are in the IC diet...its really frustrating. I know I have people on here I can talk to that are going through the same thing, but I kind of wish I had someone in my neighborhood to talk to about it....grrr..thanks for the advice

-Author to me unknown

Keeping a food diary is the best way to find your diet triggers. I know it's time-consuming, but if you just do it for a month or two, you should be able to find some foods that are okay for you.

Warm healing thoughts,
    Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [IMG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Re: Dairy & egg free recipes?

I know it can be frustrating. I can eat apples of any kind not even the ones on the safe list but I can eat some things on the avoid list. Everyone is different Donna is correct in that keeping a food diary is a good idea. You will learn the know your body. I know the difference between a food flare and a non food related flare. You will get to know your body as well. Good luck we are here for you
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Another thought. You could print out the 2012 ICN Food List (the link is in my signature below), then take a pair of scissors and cut off the "Foods Worth Trying" and "Foods to Avoid" columns. That will force you to look only at the bladder friendly list --- and there are many, many foods we can have in spite of having IC. The second step is to plan your meals for a week in advance, using the list as a guide --- then do your grocery shopping based on planned meals.

Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [IMG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

It has been awhile since I have responded to this post that I started. I have been so busy with college, but not I am done for the time being. I can now focus on my IC. I will finally have time to start a journal. I am still having issues regarding foods. I can't have blueberries, dairy, eggs, noodles, rice, any type of cereal, or broth. Basically anything. I bake my chicken (which is either organic or all natural without solutions) in water and it becomes broth and yet even that bothers me. I have been on a strict diet for 3 years! I am beyond confused. But I refuse to give up. My IC isn't even as bad as most people's IC symptoms.

-Author to me unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mhalin1990 View Post
    It has been awhile since I have responded to this post that I started. I have been so busy with college, but not I am done for the time being. I can now focus on my IC. I will finally have time to start a journal. I am still having issues regarding foods. I can't have blueberries, dairy, eggs, noodles, rice, any type of cereal, or broth. Basically anything. I bake my chicken (which is either organic or all natural without solutions) in water and it becomes broth and yet even that bothers me. I have been on a strict diet for 3 years! I am beyond confused. But I refuse to give up. My IC isn't even as bad as most people's IC symptoms.
    Wow this must be so hard the diet is so restrictive as it is without added issues. I admire your determination! Hopefully you will be able to find a happy medium soon!
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

No longer active

Quote Originally Posted by Mhalin1990 View Post
    I know how frustrating it is to feel like you are the only super sensitive person out there! but know you a re not.
    i can't eat anything that is a grain / starch, which sounds like you. my stomach doesn't like them either, so i wonder if it's a leaky gut / candida type thing in my gut that then somehow affects my bladder.
    can you eat fish?
    green veg?
    i live on mostly green veg, fish, meat, blanched almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut and the few others things i can eat. i feel like i'm getting a pretty wholesome dietůmaking a list of every last thing you can eat, and then slowly trying new things, helps to feel like there is more out there that you can tolerate than you might think.

so i don't have a solution, but know that you aren't alone!

Back again. I never did start a journal. I really suck at remembering to write stuff down. But lately I have been eating the same thing...still getting flares...I heard eating the same thing all the time isn't good either because it can build up and irritate the bladder...but I am pretty limited so what is a girl to do?

To answer your question Kikiuk: I don't know if I can have fish...its been awhile since I ate it. I tried to look for fresh fish but at the grocery store I go to it is mostly farm raised. I did see some that was wild caught but the fish was from China and I won't eat anything from there. I used to eat it but it bothered me and that was probably because I didn't realize that farm raised fish can irritate the bladder at the time so I stopped eating it. Right now I am trying to figure out which what to take to heal my bladder. I haven't expanded on eating green veggies. I only eat green beans and sometimes broccoli. I feel like its got worse. I don't take anything. I was trying the herbal tea/water/diet thing before popping pills or whatever. But I am desperate. Something to block the mast cells because of the histamine bothering the bladder would be great...something for urgency...something to heal the lining of my bladder would be nice too. Need to see my urologist. I will make an appointment.

-Author to me unknown

ICN Member

Egg white is a good choice. But try avoid tea and caffeine drinks.
    caffeine works bad with Interstitial Cystitis.

Thread Information