Latest Blog Article: Why The IC Network Walked Away From Facebook

Thread: Cheese Sticks

Cheese Sticks

Advertisement :
    Internet find

12 sticks of string cheese in your choice of cheese(make sure IC friendly and as tolerated)

1 egg
    2 tbsp of flour
    5 tbsp of bread crumbs(make sure IC friendly)
    2 tbsp of parmesan cheese(canned is the most tolerated)
    A dollop of olive oil,

Preparation:

Cut the cheese sticks in half, making 24 slices, then freeze the slices in the freezer until completely frozen

Beat the egg in a small bowl. Use a separate bowl to combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese

To bread the cheese sticks: First dip the frozen cheese stick into the flour, then into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture.

Once all of the 24 sticks are coated, place them on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil coated with a few drops of olive oil, (this will keep cleanup to a minimum, and keep the sticks from sticking!)

Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 4 minutes, or until crisp. They need to be watched closely so they don’t melt completely!
    Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
    Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
    Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
    CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
    Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
    Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
    Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
    Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
    Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
    Naproxen:for pain as needed
    Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
    Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
    Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
    Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Back home we call this cheese stick "phô mai que". This one is always my favorite, no matter how it is made (baked or fried).

Thread Information