Latest Blog Article: IC Diet Project - Mexican Food Can Be Very Bladder Friendly
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    ICN Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    pelvic floor wand or something to do therapy at home

    Advertisement :
    i hope that this finds you doing well.
    I've had pelvic floor therapy for 2 months twice. while it cleared up my pelvic floor, which while tight never bothered me, it did nto help my pelvic pain. i just went back to my gynecologist and my pelvic floor is not great, i guess. since i know that pt is not going to help my pelvic pain, which is my problem, i was wondering if i could get one of those wants that you insert and push on the trigger points with. does anyone have one of those?

  2. #2
    I am pretty sure you have to get a wand either directly from a PT or get a prescription and buy one from a medical supply store. Some PTs suggest using vibrators but then you can't really do the trigger points as effectively.

    I have such bad pelvic floor dysfunction (since I was 13) that my gynecologist sometimes could not even do a one-fingered exam. He says the muscles literally "lock" and prevent anything from going inside. His advice was to start taking low doses of Valium well before attempting any invasive PT. I took the Valium for about 2 years and there was great, great improvement with both tightness and pain.

    As for PT, I still can't go to a session without hurting alot afterwards, so I'm kind of at a standstill. If you can handle any type of PT, like the wand, then it's a good sign and hopefully if it doesn't cause pain, it will help over time.
    I have...
    Intestitial Cystitis
    Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
    Irritable Bowel Syndrome
    Pudendal Neuralgia
    and now...Mitral Valve Regurgitation

    I am in pain daily and I am exhausted, but have come to terms with the life and the body I have and try to make the most of every day. My cats are my world entire.

    I prefer to take...
    Hot baths and naps with cats

  3. #3
    ICN Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    I found one at an adult store for ladies. It was pretty much identical to the one my therapist showed me in a pt catalogue she had and way cheaper.

  4. #4
    ICN Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Hi, when U went to pt before what kind of pt ? Did they do internal massage for u? Anyways u can buy dilators off of and that is what u use for this. Start with the smallest one and first just leave it in there or 5-20 mins and u don't insert it the entire way only a few inches and then when u r ok w that slowly massage or move around dilator urethra is 12 and rectum is 6. Stay between 10 and 2. Have u tried pelvic floor drops? Heal pelvic pain by Amy stein ? After a uti in march/April I got this constant I gotta go feeling and I initially thought it was IC but after months of the IC diet no chance the pt and I stopped straining to void and that helped most as well as squats and stretches and exercise. I am about to try a muscle relaxor too (flexerill) and I had my first internal trigger point work on thurs. I def flared after but she found lots of trigger points. My next tactic is acupuncture. I hope u feel better soon! I have no pain just the i gotta go feeling ! Tried Gelnique but made me too drowsy and didn't help too much and my pt who says this is Pfd said that'll actually make Pfd worse so if I have Pfd be aware of using those drugs.. Wish u peace!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts