Latest Blog Article: The Bella Rosa Coffee Company produces remarkably low acid coffees - A new coffee option
    ICN Member

pelvic floor wand or something to do therapy at home

Advertisement :
    i hope that this finds you doing well.
    I've had pelvic floor therapy for 2 months twice. while it cleared up my pelvic floor, which while tight never bothered me, it did nto help my pelvic pain. i just went back to my gynecologist and my pelvic floor is not great, i guess. since i know that pt is not going to help my pelvic pain, which is my problem, i was wondering if i could get one of those wants that you insert and push on the trigger points with. does anyone have one of those?
    thanks,
    kit

I am pretty sure you have to get a wand either directly from a PT or get a prescription and buy one from a medical supply store. Some PTs suggest using vibrators but then you can't really do the trigger points as effectively.

I have such bad pelvic floor dysfunction (since I was 13) that my gynecologist sometimes could not even do a one-fingered exam. He says the muscles literally "lock" and prevent anything from going inside. His advice was to start taking low doses of Valium well before attempting any invasive PT. I took the Valium for about 2 years and there was great, great improvement with both tightness and pain.

As for PT, I still can't go to a session without hurting alot afterwards, so I'm kind of at a standstill. If you can handle any type of PT, like the wand, then it's a good sign and hopefully if it doesn't cause pain, it will help over time.
    Diagnosed with IC in 2005, since then have been diagnosed with an unspecified autoimmune disease, with inflammation in my bladder, colon, left knee, left ear, left eye, lungs and pericardium. Argh!

Medical research addict.

ICN Member
    I found one at an adult store for ladies. It was pretty much identical to the one my therapist showed me in a pt catalogue she had and way cheaper.

ICN Member
    Hi, when U went to pt before what kind of pt ? Did they do internal massage for u? Anyways u can buy dilators off of amazon.com and that is what u use for this. Start with the smallest one and first just leave it in there or 5-20 mins and u don't insert it the entire way only a few inches and then when u r ok w that slowly massage or move around dilator urethra is 12 and rectum is 6. Stay between 10 and 2. Have u tried pelvic floor drops? Heal pelvic pain by Amy stein ? After a uti in march/April I got this constant I gotta go feeling and I initially thought it was IC but after months of the IC diet no chance the pt and I stopped straining to void and that helped most as well as squats and stretches and exercise. I am about to try a muscle relaxor too (flexerill) and I had my first internal trigger point work on thurs. I def flared after but she found lots of trigger points. My next tactic is acupuncture. I hope u feel better soon! I have no pain just the i gotta go feeling ! Tried Gelnique but made me too drowsy and didn't help too much and my pt who says this is Pfd said that'll actually make Pfd worse so if I have Pfd be aware of using those drugs.. Wish u peace!

Thread Information