Latest Blog Article: Why The IC Network Walked Away From Facebook
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Advertisement :
    You can't use both of your leads at the same time? I have stimulation on my left sacral nerve and right sacral nerve at the same time. My leads both have 4 electrodes on them. I have a total of 8 electrodes. But only 7 can be used. One doesn't fire right. My uro says stimulation on both sacral nerves at the same times usually gives better results. I can't change whick electrode is firing. My reprogrammer has to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Madi's Granny View Post
    You can't use both of your leads at the same time? I have stimulation on my left sacral nerve and right sacral nerve at the same time. My leads both have 4 electrodes on them. I have a total of 8 electrodes. But only 7 can be used. One doesn't fire right. My uro says stimulation on both sacral nerves at the same times usually gives better results. I can't change whick electrode is firing. My reprogrammer has to do that.
    That is how mine is right now but once they put in a new battery then we will have control over all of it. That will be nice. My doctor is 3 hours away. My battery is 10 years old. I had previously stated 8 somewhere on here but I had it turned off for 8 years. My battery could die any day now. I hope it does because I am ready to be able to have full control over the leads and electrodes.
    GO TO: IC-talkblogspot.com
    [B]CURRENT DIAGNOSES AND MEDICATIONS
    lumbar pain,depression,periphreal neuropathy,Insomnia,IBS
    for pain-tramadol ER 200 mgs (once a day),for break-thru pain-talwin(as needed),for periphreal nueropathy-Lyrica 150 mgs (3 times a day),for insomnia-ambien10mgs,for hot flashes- estradiol (estrogen),for IBS-Questran (one packet a day),for depression-paxil (80 mgs)=two 40 mgs a day

SURGERIES-
    *Bladder and Urethra removed (Radical Cystectomy)-August 2012
    *Vaginal Prolapse surgery, ovaries removed and Interstim removed 2012June 2012
    *Cauterization of the bladder lining-1992-i don't know the technical term
    *Bladder distension and cauterization-1992
    *Cystocopy-1992
    *Gallbladder removal-1995-gall stones
    *Hysterectomy-1998-still have ovaries
    *Interstim trial-2002
    *Interstim implant-2002
    *Trial pain pump did not work
    *spinal injections-2009 (once with 1 injection and a second time with 6 injections)

I know what you mean about being ready for your battery to die. So am I. Mine willl be 5 years old in April. I think my reprogrammer is ready for it to die too. I didn't have to have a single reprogramming until November of 2010 and now that's all we seem to do. I think we're about to get it programmed. The right is up to 3.7 and that's pretty high and it's been on all the time since 2007 so we'll have to wait and see. The new ones look so much easier to use. My reprogrammer says they are easier to program too.

I know what you mean about being ready for your battery to die. So am I. Mine willl be 5 years old in April. I think my reprogrammer is ready for it to die too. I didn't have to have a single reprogramming until November of 2010 and now that's all we seem to do. I think we're about to get it programmed. The right is up to 3.7 and that's pretty high and it's been on all the time since 2007 so we'll have to wait and see. The new ones look so much easier to use. My reprogrammer says they are easier to program too.
    I was told that the battery usually only lasts 5 to 7 years. Wow your's is up pretty high compared to mine. Mine is 1.8 (i think). I am having to get use to mine all over again though so I will probably go up more in time. The Interstim does cut down on my frequency and urgency. I still have to self cath about 1 or 2 times a day. Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I went to my pain management doctor to get refills today. My daughter was out of school so she took me. I really don't like to drive being on my pain meds and the Interstim. I guess I am just weird like that. LOL!!!
    for pain-tramadol ER 200 mgs (once a day),for break-thru pain-talwin(as needed),for periphreal nueropathy-Lyrica 150 mgs (3 times a day),for insomnia-ambien10mgs,for hot flashes- estradiol (estrogen),for IBS-Questran (one packet a day),for depression-paxil (80 mgs)=two 40 mgs a day

SURGERIES-
    *Cystocopy-1992
    *Interstim trial-2002
    *Interstim implant-2002
    *spinal injections-2009 (once with 1 injection and a second time with 6 injections)

I just went back to the reprogrammer this afternoon and he is concerned that my battery may soon go dead. For the first 3 1/2 years my settings were lower on the right 1.5, We have yet to figure out why all of a sudden this setting was way to low. The left one has always been around 2.2. The battery as of today is OK. He says the batteries last longer thd lower you have them set. Maybe I can get 1 more year from it since I had the right set so low for so long. I just hope it doesn't just die all of a sudden with not warning .

I just went back to the reprogrammer this afternoon and he is concerned that my battery may soon go dead. For the first 3 1/2 years my settings were lower on the right 1.5, We have yet to figure out why all of a sudden this setting was way to low. The left one has always been around 2.2. The battery as of today is OK. He says the batteries last longer thd lower you have them set. Maybe I can get 1 more year from it since I had the right set so low for so long. I just hope it doesn't just die all of a sudden with not warning .
    It would be nice if our remote could tell us how much battery life is left on it. It is time for me to go to bed. I am fighting to keep my eyes open now. Hope you have a good night!!

SURGERIES-
    *Cystocopy-1992
    *Interstim trial-2002
    *Interstim implant-2002

just a question because I have no idea about the interstem. Can you feel it? And if you do, what does it feel like?
    symptoms when in a flare:

I feel everything in my urethra but I know its really my bladder. Pressure, stinging, urgency,tingling feeling thats hard to describe.
    *I have a fibroid on my uterus near my bladder.

Medication
    100mg Amitripyline ( I have seriously gained almost 50lbs on this drug but I feel it works)
    Flexoril 10mg (doesn't work)
    Hydrocodone 5/325 PRN
    Cetalopram 40mg *severe anxiety over flare

Physical therapy hasnt really helped but I love her! I've learned so much! She states that my muscles around
    My urethra are very tight.

currently seeing a Gyn in my town and a Uro in Seattle (4 hrs away)

I have had lots of long term remissions. Currently been struggling with good & bad days since Jan 2012

find me on Facebook! Brandy Schildknecht Covington

Yes you can feel it. It feels to me like vibrations down there. You don't want it to hurt thought. If it hurts is is up too high. It really doesn't hurt if it is not too high for you.

Yes you can feel it. It feels to me like vibrations down there. You don't want it to hurt thought. If it hurts is is up too high. It really doesn't hurt if it is not too high for you.
    Mine feels like a steady thumping in my lower butt and sometimes a pulling but I have never felt anything down there as far as Vjayjay. Do you think you should? The Dr.s PA told me I should feel it in my butt.

SURGERIES-
    *Cystocopy-1992
    *Interstim trial-2002
    *Interstim implant-2002

I feel mine in my rectum. I had it set to feel it in the Vjayjay once and it about drove my crazy. When I felt the stimulation in the Vjayjay it felt like I had alot of pressure and I felt like everything was being pulled down. We changed the stimulation back to be felt in the rectum and that pressure and being pulled down feeling left. I only like it when I feel it in the rectum. And we seem to be close to finding the right stimulation for me. Hope this all works until the battery gives out. But hopefully the reprogrammer will keep a watchful on the battery life so we can know before it gives completely out and get me scheduled to have it changed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information