Latest Blog Article: Ten Tips For Talking IC With Friends & Family

Wink Veggie Smoothies

Advertisement :
    Hey guys! Just thought I would share my ideas, wasnt sure where to put this, but here will do

A little while ago, I was searching on U tube and came across a lady whos screen name is go4diciplineShe has IC or "had" IC and managed to heal herself or go in to remission by drinking raw foods smoothies. She would do this for breakfast lunch and dinner and it seemed to work for her! She would take whatever veggies she could find, mostly spinach, celery, some fruit like an apple and a pear,and a coconut (real) and blend it all together. I think she also put in some flax powder/oil as well and water. Anyways she has many different recipies to share and I found her to be very funny and helpful too!

I now do this in the mornings and take ussually carrots that are cooked 3 stocks of celery, a squash thats cooked, spinach, a pear, some flax powder and coconut milk and blend it together just as she advises, then I drink one for breakfast and save one for lunch. I ussually have a meal at dinner though, I have not made it to drinking them for all three meals yet, but I would like too! I think I will also go and get some VEGA from the health food store and start putting that in my smoothies as well These are just my ideas! I know they have made me feel loads better!

Jenn PS. go check her out! go to U tube and put in go4dicipline. Her videos should come up She has many of them so you might have to find some of the first ones, and then carry on!
    28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

I'm going to look into this. I'm not eating many vegetables at all because I like to season with lemon for the most part or lemon pepper. Thanks for sharing!
    treatment:
    -I follow the IC diet to the letter
    -acupuncture and chinese herbs
    -Prelief
    -UTA
    -instillations as needed
    -beginning yoga and specialized yoga for breathing and relaxation
    -Wellbutrin
    -Klonopin

main symptoms: pain and burning

If you don't like eating veggies without lemon, you might try roasting them with a little olive or canola oil & IC friendly seasonings like: thyme, sage, oregano, basil, garlic. By changing the type of veggie & spice, it gives a little more variety to the diet. I was getting really sick of steamed vegetables & tried this - it did help! You can also grill them on a George Foreman grill & that's tasty also.
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Another little tip for veggies is to use freshly ground salt --- it doesn't take much and adds a lot to the taste.
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [IMG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

ICN Member
    I've been making green smoothies and juices every morning for breakfast. I put some frozen fruit or fresh apple or pear in to sweeten them up, and a little ginger. Believe it or not, I've gotten to the point where I HAVE to have one every day. They taste really good once you become accustomed to all those greens first thing in the morning. Are you still drinking them Jinny? It's a good way to get lots of veggies everyday, without having to make, eat, chew an entire salad.

recipe please

I've been making green smoothies and juices every morning for breakfast. I put some frozen fruit or fresh apple or pear in to sweeten them up, and a little ginger. Believe it or not, I've gotten to the point where I HAVE to have one every day. They taste really good once you become accustomed to all those greens first thing in the morning. Are you still drinking them Jinny? It's a good way to get lots of veggies everyday, without having to make, eat, chew an entire salad.

Would you give me the recipe for your green smoothie please? I would love to try that.

thanks

leela

ICN Member
    Here's a couple of combos that I make. You can even use frozen spinach or other greens if you like. I pretty much use whatever I have on hand. Use additional liquid or ice as needed. I make mine more liquid-y than a smoothie so it's easier to drink.You can google green smoothie to find more ideas.

1 pear or apple
    1 stalk celery
    1 cup kale or 1 cup spinach
    1 tsp fresh ginger
    1/2 c fresh carrot juice, pear juice, or water
    4 cubes ice

1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1/2 apple or pear
    1/4 cup broccoli
    1/4 cup fresh sweet potato or beet
    handful of fresh parsley
    1/2 cup spinach or kale
    1/2 cup carrot juice, pear juice, or water

If you don't have a really good blender, you can microwave the things like sweet potato and beet to soften them a bit first so you don't burn up your blender.

Green Smoothies: Blenders

I want to try making green smoothies. First, what brand of pear juice do you use? Moreso, I need recommendations for budget friendly blenders. Thanks folks.

Hey Yes I still drink them! Id much rather drink one of these than have a salad. Anyways my recipe is basecly whatever I can find in the fridge. I really like carrots and squash and spinach, an apple and a pear and almond milk blended together. I cook both the squash and the carrots first. Sometimes I even drink it hot actually and I really like it alot. Makes my bladder happy haha. Whatever veggies and fruit you want in them is ussually good. I used to mix cucumbers and lettuce as well, any really green leafy veggie.

Sometimes I mix a banana in to mine now, which I never did before because I wasnt sure if that fruit was safe yet. Turns out I dont have a problem with it, so it all a little bit of trial and error.

Jenn
    28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

ICN Member

Re: Veggie Smoothies

I have been trying to find good recipes for IC friendly green smoothies because I had gotten so used to having fruit smoothies every day before my diagnosis. I will have to try some of these.

Do you all feel like the pear or apple juice is necessary for flavor, of do you think water would be ok?

Did you ever put beets in your juice? I have a juicer but afraid to juice beets.
    Also can we eat beat greens? I am growing them.
    Thanks
    Surf Gal

Can we put molasses in anything?
    Surf Gal

ICN Member

I just had to check the IC food app to answer-(very handy,you can buy it on the App Store & take it everywhere in your phone!) Fresh or canned beets ok,pickled beets no.Didnt see beet greens-maybe someone can help you with that.I suspect that the greens would be fine.I couldn't find molasses,but I like to use maple syrup or honey for sweeteners.

ICN Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jinny Jean View Post
    Hey guys! Just thought I would share my ideas, wasnt sure where to put this, but here will do

A little while ago, I was searching on U tube and came across a lady whos screen name is go4diciplineShe has IC or "had" IC and managed to heal herself or go in to remission by drinking raw foods smoothies. She would do this for breakfast lunch and dinner and it seemed to work for her! She would take whatever veggies she could find, mostly spinach, celery, some fruit like an apple and a pear,and a coconut (real) and blend it all together. I think she also put in some flax powder/oil as well and water. Anyways she has many different recipies to share and I found her to be very funny and helpful too!

I now do this in the mornings and take ussually carrots that are cooked 3 stocks of celery, a squash thats cooked, spinach, a pear, some flax powder and coconut milk and blend it together just as she advises, then I drink one for breakfast and save one for lunch. I ussually have a meal at dinner though, I have not made it to drinking them for all three meals yet, but I would like too! I think I will also go and get some VEGA from the health food store and start putting that in my smoothies as well These are just my ideas! I know they have made me feel loads better!

Jenn PS. go check her out! go to U tube and put in go4dicipline. Her videos should come up She has many of them so you might have to find some of the first ones, and then carry on!
    I take soup made up of flax seeds.
    Terrible to drink but it solves my health problems.

Thread Information