Latest Blog Article: Beaumont Study Seeks Women With IC/BPS (Royal Oak, MI)
    ICN Member

Has any tried Urgent PC???

Advertisement :
    Hi Everyone,

Has anyone tried Urgent PC (tibial nerve stimulation) for frequency?
    I'm very interested in trying it since I had such good results with Bion neurostimulator. I'd appreciate any input or advice.

Thanks,
    Karen

Hi. I tried this and did nothing for me, but there are some people with good results. I hope this will work for you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Symptoms since 2005
    Diagnosed with IC october 2009 via PST

Yes, I tried it and it worked very well for me!
    Last edited by icnmgrjill; 05-29-2016 at 05:34 PM.
    Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

ICN Member
    karen
    have you tried PTNS yet? curious as to results.
    if so, how did you find a PTNS practitioner? did you need a
    dr. referral?
    many thanks

ICN Member
    I did the PTNS, it didn't do much for me, but I would absolutely give it a try. It doesn't hurt and may help. You don't have anything to lose but time.

Suzanne

ICN Member
    hi suzanne
    who did the PTNS on you? a PT or dr.?

ICN Member
    I had it done in the Urologist office. The nurses placed it. It may have helped some. My insurance covered it( I use a military hospital) so I gave it a try. My Urologist said he had better luck using it for frequency not pain. I mostly have pain. Since I got IC I'll try anything to feel better!

Suzanne

I did PTNS weekly for a few months. It was fantastic and saved me until my Elmiron kicked in. I go for montly maintenance now but missed my last appointment and have noticed it a little.
    Update! Feeling much better these days and no longer on any meds!

Pelvic pain began July 2008. Urinary frequency began in November of 2008. IC Doctor says I'm one of the worst frequency patients he has had.

Things that helped me the most: IC Diet, Elavil (30mg), Elmiron since June '09 (500mg/day).

Previously tried and quit: one series of six instillations, Neurontin, Ditropan, Oxytrol, electric stimulation to the pelvic floor, Desert Harvest Aloe, Cystoprotek and Flomax, Hydroxyzine (50mg), Alesse Birth control (this helped my period flares when my symptoms used to be bad), PTNS (I think this helped).

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

ICN Member
    I am looking for someone in the N. Florida or S. Georgia area to do the PTNS? Has anyone in this area had it done. I would love to just buy the device myself but company that makes them said they only sell the device to the doctors. I am surprised to not see more post about PTNS. It looks very promising and not very invasive at all.
    [SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]Please send all private messages to 5star@mchsi.com. I do not check my ICN mailbox much.
    Symptoms:
    24/7 Bladder Pain, Mild Urgency and Frequency. Always tired and fatigued. Trouble sleeping due to bladder pain and trips to bathroom.
    Allergies/Sensitivities:
    Alcohol(big time!), Soft drinks. Foods dont bother me.
    Current Supplements: None presently
    Conventional medications!!!!!: Nuerontin, Hydroxyzine, Elmiron, Tramadol
    Tried many other medications... will list later

ICN Member

Ptns

Yes, I did it weekly for a couple of months with no results. I think if you are new to I.C. it has a better chance of working. I had I.C. for 7 years at that point. It was a waste of time and money.
    Arizonian

Dean76

I ran into this with another type of device, they wanted to rent it too me for more than a $1000 per month, my son needed to use it for 6 mons min and then again when he had a secound surgery.

My insurance was willing to buy it as it was a medical device, but not rent it, I got my insurance to nogociate a purchase of it. Or you could get your Dr. to buy it and sell it too you.

This makes more sense to me if you know it works for you.

What we went through was a major hassel and the rental place was not happy, but in the long run it was a good thing.

We also over time have lent it out for 2 other people to use for a few months at a time, I am sure this is why they only rent as then they have a captured mark for the device.

good luck finding an answer. MG

Thread Information