Latest Blog Article: Calling All IC & Health Care Activists
Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

MSM/Glucosamine is helping tremendously already!

Advertisement :
    I am so happy!!! I just started the MSM/Glucosamine and I swear it is already working. I was so sad because when I tried Elmiron it started working within a couple weeks of me taking it, it was awesome....but then slowly it started causing my heart to pound/race and was causing great anxiety. I have been taking the MSM/Glucosamine in addition to my Cystoprotek, it is already helping quite a bit. I am now down to only 1 med (.5 mg of Klonopin). I quit the tofranil last night so we will see how that goes. It was also causing my heart to race like crazy. I think my body is just so sick of all of these meds. I am really excited to be on mainly natural meds and am crossing my fingers that they continue to work and this continues to get better!

p.s. For those who are interested in the MSM/Glusoamine, I bought it a GNC. There are no add'l ingredients added...this seems to be key. With those other ingredients, that is what would cause a flare when I tried this combo in the past. I did not realize it needed (for me specifically) to be straight up MSM/Glucosamine.
    As I think, so I shall be....

I have had IC for 4.5 years now. I also have fibro, sjogren's syndrome, and vulvadynia. I live in immense pain. I often daydream of life before this demon . When I feel good, I embrace it with all of my heart! I pray that someday I will feel 100% again, we all deserve it!

Medications:

Vicodin (as needed, so daily!)
    Percocet (morning & night)
    Klonopin (.5 mg at night)
    Zanaflex (2 mg each night)
    Thyroid med for low thyroid (hypo)
    leuko-stim
    Vitamin D (4000)

Diagnosis:
    IC, CFS, Fibro (it is really bad it has taken so much from me and changed my life), Anxiety, Depression from it all, & Hypothyroid.

Thumbs up

I have also have great success with MSM/Glucosamine!! Glad it is working for you!!
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

I am so glad to hear it is working, I am also going to try it, so thanks to both of you for sharing.
    Lisa
    Current meds:Elavil, Lortab as needed, Vivelle dot hormone patch 0.1mg, estrace cream, lidocaine ointment, pepcid
    Diagnosis: IC in 1999 , IBS, Pelvic floor dysfunction, vulvodynia, vestibulitis, chronic low back pain, scoliosis, hunners ulcers on bladder, hysterectomy 2/08, fibro 3/08, sciataca

Me and my girls, my son, me and my wonderful fiance, and our puppy Miley (who loves to cuddle).

Hi Rnnda and Lisa,

Thank ya'll for your responses. I am always worried to mention something working to soon, but sometimes I can just tell, and with this one....I can tell tremendously! I get scared to say my bladder feels happy because afterall, it does have ears attached to it somehow , but MY BLADDER FEELS HAPPY! There, I said it!!! I hope my bladder heard it and continues on this path!!!

Good luck with it Lisa, and I am happy to hear that it helps you as well Ronda!

I can't beleive I am so happy right now. I go through ups and downs as we all do...and right now I am truly enjoying my up! :woohoo:

I have had IC for 4.5 years now. I also have fibro, sjogren's syndrome, and vulvadynia. I live in immense pain. I often daydream of life before this demon . When I feel good, I embrace it with all of my heart! I pray that someday I will feel 100% again, we all deserve it!

Medications:

leuko-stim
    Vitamin D (4000)

Diagnosis:
    IC, CFS, Fibro (it is really bad it has taken so much from me and changed my life), Anxiety, Depression from it all, & Hypothyroid.

ICN Member

msm

What brand of msm are you taking? I've tied msm before, but it seems to make things flare up for me - maybe it's the brand I'm using.

Thanks.

I use Spring Valley brand from Wal-Mart
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Diet Reference Sheet:

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

MSM straight up was flaring me to, but for some reason...

the MSM/Glucosamine brand from GNC does not flare me at all! There are no added ingredients.

Medications:

leuko-stim
    Vitamin D (4000)

Diagnosis:

ICN Member
    I also have great success with glucosimine. I take the Jamison name brand.

peace
    blue

Add me to the list of those who this is helping. I also take the one with no additives. This supplement with the Hydroxyzine is working great for me.
    Jolene

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" John Lennon

IC diet cheat sheet....http://www.ic-network.com/diet/dietcheatsheet.html

Information for Patients can be found here.
    http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Jen's tips for great IC sex..http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522&highlight=jens+tips[/url]

Newbie Angel...I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen. Email me at joleneb2@yahoo.com

"IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you."

Strong Recommendation to any of those who have not tried

Well, I thought my world was simply falling apart until about 2 weeks ago. I started going to a non-denominational church in which prayer groups are now praying for me, and I also started taking Klonopin and MSM/Glucosamine in addition to my other items listed below in my signature line. I am not sure which one is working so well, or if it is all of them together...but things are really looking up for me. I did get brave and had quit the tofranil and that was a big mistake as it left me peeing non-stop all day, then I took it and boom-within 30 min the constant peeing stopped. I am so grateful for my new regimen. I can't quite pin point which is helping the most because I started Klonopin and MSM/Glucosamine at the same time. Whichever, or if it is both...I am feeling so much happier. That along with accepting God back into my life again.

Medications:

leuko-stim
    Vitamin D (4000)

Diagnosis:

ICN Member

Thumbs up

I am so happy for you.
    Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:

Link to the IC Diet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Thumbs up

asIshallbe, this is great to hear!!!
    Hugs
    Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

ICN Member
    Do any of you take Ester C with your Glucosamine/MSM I was reading it helps the MSM absorb better.
    32 year old mommy to a precious 1 year old

Symptoms: Annoying frequency and urgency

Did not work
    Vesicare, Prosed ds (increased my symptoms), Elmiron (tons of hair loss, LPR - reflux, swallowing problems)

I'm also taking Glucosamine/MSM and have had some success with it. I had tried it before, but then I ran out and stopped. I'm now back on it, and I think it took awhile for it to work, but I'm so glad I gave it another try. I take a brand called Schiffs because they are a little smaller and coated, and easier for me to swallow.

ICN Member
    How long does it take to see that the MSM/glucosamine is working? I just started today. And is it best to take 500mg 3 times a day?

mish

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information