Latest Blog Article: Calling All IC & Health Care Activists
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Urised Discontinued

Advertisement :
    Just wanted to put it out there for those that use it- that Urised has been discontinued by the manufacturer (Amerifit) and according to them it is permanent. I liked Urised the best out of all of the antispasmodics.
    Kat

Physical therapy/Breathing exercises
    I consider myself pretty much in remission.
    With only occasional flares brought on by menstrual problems

Cur
    rent Meds:
    Atarax
    Flexiril or Valium when needed
    Elmi
    ron
    Urispas
    Vitamin E
    Zyrtec
    Cysta Q
    Estriol in olive oil caps for VV
    Flexiril in Olive oil caps for VV

Diagnosed April '06 with IC
    Diagnosed November '07 with PFD and Vulvodynia

We had a scare with Prosed DS earlier this month, but someone found it was just on one batch. I only tried Urised samples from my doctor while I was waiting for the Prosed to come in last year when I started. They seem to be very similar to me. I know we all are different with meds, but maybe you can go with the Prosed DS? Is the generic for Urised going too?

T

I actually take Urispas now, since Urised had been on hold since July of last year. I like Urispas just always felt like Urised worked a little bit better. As far as I know there is not a generic form for Urised. I used to use Prosed EC and really liked that and then that was dicontinued ( it may be back now). I always felt that Prosed DS caused flares
    Kat

Cur
    rent Meds:
    Atarax
    Elmi
    ron
    Urispas
    Vitamin E
    Zyrtec
    Cysta Q

Yes, I just googled it and it says withdrawn from market November 2007.

I have just read on here that Utica-C is the generic for Urised. I was given Urispas early in my diagnosis 20 years ago and it caused retention for me.

There are some people that take Prosed and have great results and then others that it causes retention. We are all so different. Sometimes just one different active ingredient makes a bit deal. For me Prosed DS has been my miracle med. My trips to the bathroom have decreased to about 7 or 8 times a day. Even after my interstim, I was still going at least every 2 hours and still couldn't hold it for very long without my bladder having spasms. Prosed DS made that all go away. I even empty at least 8 ounces most of the time now. I kept a voiding diary for a week awhile back just to see how well I had improved from 20 years ago!

Yes, I just googled Urised and it says withdrawn from market November 2007 which is strange since it's still shown on my on-line pharmacy list for my insurance.

I have just read on here several times that Utica-C is the generic for Urised. I was given Urispas early in my diagnosis 20 years ago and it caused retention for me.

There are some people that take Prosed and have great results and then others that it causes retention. We are all so different. Sometimes just one different active ingredient makes a bit deal. For me Prosed DS has been my miracle med. My trips to the bathroom have decreased to about 7 or 8 times a day. Even after my interstim, I was still going at least every 2 hours and still couldn't hold it for very long without my bladder having spasms. Prosed DS made that all go away. I even empty at least 8 ounces most of the time now. I kept a voiding diary for a week awhile back just to see how well I had improved from 20 years ago!

Good to know about utica-c. I will look into that. Thanks! I was mostly just posting so people were aware of its discontinuation. I may give Prosed DS a second try per your experience
    Kat

Cur
    rent Meds:
    Atarax
    Elmi
    ron
    Urispas
    Vitamin E
    Zyrtec
    Cysta Q

I hope it works. I have one friend on here that we both go to the same doctor and we just depend on it, so we were in a panic when we heard that it was taken off the market. But I have other friends on here that can't take it.

when you ask your dr. for it do you ask for just prosed or prosed DS? I am going to have my uro write an rx for it. I like having different backups
    Kat

Cur
    rent Meds:
    Atarax
    Elmi
    ron
    Urispas
    Vitamin E
    Zyrtec
    Cysta Q

Prosed DS. That is what I had read about on here. I know now that there are other types, but since the DS works and per my doctor is the most common, that is what I use.

Good luck Kat!

I hope Prosed works for you. I use Prosed DS. You might want to discuss the different ingredients with your doctor or pharmacy. They might can help you figure out the flares from it and get you going on the right one for you. Let us know.

Pam

does anyone know why urised was discontinued?? i was on it for quite a long time and would like to know why the stopped it
    I.C. dianosed Sept 2005

take Urispas 3xday
    Various Pain medications as doctor allows
    Avainne in a.m. ( for possible endometriosis)
    seasonal allergies, medicine allergies ( demerol, cipro, doxycycline, aspirin)
    Prelief ( it is my ultimate life saver!!!)

www.myspace.com/frogshawna_02

lack of raw materials, I loved it. I now take 200mg of pyridum up to 4 times a day. great stuff, but bad on the panties and the toliet.

ohhhh i cant take pyridium continously. it causes me extreme kidney pain if i take it for an extended amount of time....so take urispas now and prelief is my new lifesaver!!!
    I.C. dianosed Sept 2005

take Urispas 3xday
    Various Pain medications as doctor allows
    Avainne in a.m. ( for possible endometriosis)
    seasonal allergies, medicine allergies ( demerol, cipro, doxycycline, aspirin)
    Prelief ( it is my ultimate life saver!!!)

www.myspace.com/frogshawna_02

ICN Member

Vit.C

I have been in pain for a few days...ran out of urised and the doctor gave me urelle......I am taking vitamin C, 500 mg. Can that cause me to be uncomfortable? Thank you

Yes, Vitamin C is definitely a "bad" vitamin to us with IC. Have you checked out the IC diet? You will notice that the majority of us are sensitive to citric acid. I can eat most everything else on that diet as long as my bladder is having "good" days, but one touch of anything citrus, and I am down for the count.

I would stop the Vitamin C immediately. Drink lots of water and hopefully you will feel better soon! I know from being on Prosed DS, that the instructions do mention the use of cranberry juice, but that is more in the lines of taken Prosed DS or Urelle as treatment for frequent UTIs. My aunt is also taking Prosed this days because she has chronic UTIs. Definitely not IC since she has been checked. She has no issues with drinking cranberry juice.

Hugs, Tracey

Hugs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information