Latest Blog Article: Why The IC Network Walked Away From Facebook
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Advertisement :
    There is no doubt now as this woman that blew the whistle was an employee and she
    had all the proof she needed. She made many of the arrangements for all the elaborate
    kickbacks being paid. She removed the doubt that this was taking place with doctors
    being paid to put them in. Promised shorter work weeks and so forth if they did this.
    That article shows that there is no "IF" they were taking kickbacks..they were and it was revealed to the public in the New York Times. It is a very informative article and go there and read it if you'd like to see exactly what all has been said and done. It will give you alot of informtion that many did not know or knew and was waiting for the time to come that it finally was exposed.
    Shars/Dusty
    Dusty/Shars

interstim pay off

it has been a couple of yrs since anyone posted about this..it makes me sick to think of how many people could have died or hurt by some of the dr. getting kick backs for using these. i got mine in 03 and now that i no longer going to that pain clinic and my head is alot clearer..i have no doubt mine was one getting alot of kick backs plus i think i was used to study new things on not realizing it..i had tons of spinal treatments by him..have no clue exactly what they were..but there were tons..then he tried the trial interstim..i told him it was not helping but at that time i was so despereate i would have done anything..plus he loaded me up on so many hard drugs..morphine,oxycotin ,demerol, zanax..plus more..he said the implant would work even if the trial did not..so i did it..it did not work..and now i need it out for mri's he is not working as hard to get me help in removing it..being i know more now..he was absolutely one of them..he is no longer in practice in mo. wonder why??wish i could have a say about it!!! i urge anyone whos dr. is pushing any new thing take a second oppinion..my ins. refuses to pay to have it taken out..so no mri's for my avn bone disese..the****..thanks for writting about this..i now have alot off my chest!!

My urologist want to in do an interstim implant

The first time I saw an IC expert in Michigan he advised me since I had so many alergies I should just get interstim. He said he had basically invented it. He sent me home with the literature, but I was not comfortable doing it. I had gotten so many conflicting therapy strategies from 3 other urologists. I just think an object like this in your body can be rejected and may cause other complications. God knows I don't want any more pain.
    Teresa

Teresa, my advice has to be to get second and third opinions before considering interstim. There are some who find it helpful, but there are others who have had disastrous results --- it should not be considered until all other therapies have been tried and failed.

Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [IMG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Hi Teresa,

I also have many many allergies (peanuts, treenuts, soy, legumes, avocado, latex, fish, shellfish, iodine, percocet, every class of oral antibiotic except Macrobid), plus random skin rashes (one which become prominant on my neck when I have bad flares), and I also was told at my first or second appointment I was likely to need interstim. My IC is not mild, started with voiding 60+ times a day & has been a rough road to control, but...
    I have now had IC for 6 years (onset: July 10, 2003) and have found successful treatment with the things listed under my name.
    Donna has given you good advice, a second, third opinion is a very good idea for any medical condition that is as challenging to treat as IC!, but especially before implanting any device into one's body.

Let us know how you do in your search, ok?
    Best,
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

What helps the most

Thank you ladies,

I know you have good advice. I was wondering what has helped each of you the most? Also, I was noticing that certain parts of the day are better for me than other times. My best time is about 3:00 or 4:00 PM until I go to sleep. Then I wake up and the nightmare continues. I don't know why this occurs - any thoughts?

Teresa

1. Diet--Without following the diet, nothing else works...
    2. Continuous use birth control pills
    3. Elavil
    4. Marcaine/Sodium Bicarbonate/Heparin instillations
    5. Physical therapy & flexeril

Not sure about the time of day question... My flares can happen anytime, but I do notice them & am most annoyed by them when I'm trying to sleep.
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information