Latest Blog Article: Why The IC Network Walked Away From Facebook
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Advertisement :
    Hello all, Just an update to let you all know that I am going in the hospital on Tues. Dec. 6th to have my interstim and wires moved. Wish me luck and say a prayer for me. If anyone else here has had to have thier enitire unit moved please email me.
    Thanks
    Happy Holidays to you all.
    Kim

Kim,
    I had my entire unit moved from the right side to the left side. A different set of surgeons did this surgery. I traveled out of state for it. Then a had a completely different surgeon take it out.
    Best of luck to you,
    Dusty

I also had my unit and wires moved also. Removed from right hip area to left butt area. I had a hard time during my revision. Let me know if I can help in anyway possible.
    God grant me the serinity to withstand the days ahead!!!

My myspace link...
    www.myspace.com/patricia_luvs_matt

Patricia

In Memory of My Father (Lawerence) 1/25/2007

Procedures:
    Interstim Sept 2001
    1st InterStim Removal May 2005
    2nd Interstim Implanted May 2005
    2nd InterStim Removed March 2007
    Hysterectomy 1999
    Tubes Tied 1997
    C-Section 1996

Me and my kids

Taylor (my daughter) Me and my daughter My son Cody and Taylor

How Were You All Cut? How Long To Recover? Did It Work When It Was Moved? Sorry So Many Questions Just A Little Nervous.
    Thanks
    Kim

I had three new cuts. 1 from where they removed the old unit. 2 where the new one was put in in the butt. 3 another incision below the orig wire incision where new wires went. 2 where straight across and 1 up and down.

Recovery took me a good 3 wks or longer. The second surgery was much much harder for me. I had a lot of scar tissue and the old units wires were attached differently now. I figured lortabs 10 would be plenty for pain, but the were not I had to call in Tylox the next day. I was real real stiff for several days also.

My new unit is still not working right for me. Out of 4 wires on 2 work right. So I am still not happy.

Just be prepared that the 2nd one could possible be alot harder than the first I was totally unprepared for it.
    God grant me the serinity to withstand the days ahead!!!

My myspace link...
    www.myspace.com/patricia_luvs_matt

Patricia

In Memory of My Father (Lawerence) 1/25/2007

Procedures:
    Interstim Sept 2001
    1st InterStim Removal May 2005
    2nd Interstim Implanted May 2005
    2nd InterStim Removed March 2007
    Hysterectomy 1999
    Tubes Tied 1997
    C-Section 1996

Me and my kids

Taylor (my daughter) Me and my daughter My son Cody and Taylor

ICN Member

Mri

I was told it was ok to get an MRI. I had started having some stomach aches about three weeks after my permanent surgery. About a month or two ago I had such a terrible stomach ache for two days I finally started getting dehydrated and delusional. I told them in the ER about the Interstim and they said an MRI was OK. I ended up having an appendectomy. Within about a week was when I started having constant constipation. I just had figured that the stomach ache had been constipation but so gradual I did not notice. It was different , a lot so now I am wondering if some damage was done with the MRI? I read all the information from Medtronics and never saw anything about MRI's? There is information on their site. I will look there. So where do I go for truth? A neurologist? My uro denys anything is wrong.
    While I was writing this the pharmacy called and said my uro changed my instills to once a week and no sodium bicarb so they only last 4 hours so I cannot use it when I need it. He is definitely **.... with me. I guess he does not want a patient who has problems with the Interstim. It might ruin his almost perfect statistics with them at least that is what he told me when I asked before I let him do it.

iris

ICN Member

Sorry

I am too upset to post today. I think now I had a CT scan not an MRI. I know I mentioned it both times. I am relieved I remembered that am terribly sorry to have bothered all of you. My doc office just said they will only let me use the rescue instills twice a week and no bicarb so they will only last 4 hours.

iris

I am glad you had a ct scan and not an mri. Did your doctor say why you cannot use the sodium bicarb now? I hope you feel better.
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

ICN Member

No

I spoke with his nurse and she said he would let me use it twice a week as apposed to up to three times a day and I asked about only being able to use it up to 4 hours after it is made making it almost useless for me as a rescue instilll and she said she was only the go between. That was the answer.

iris

ICN Member

Post Neurostimulators and MRIS

I have an implanted Defibrillator and cannot have an MRI. If I am facing surgery, the device must be turned off for the interval and turned back on after.
    Regarding the antibiotics before dental work. I have had both hips and both knees replaced due to Avascular Necrosis. The warning was, Antibiotics for two years after each of the surgeries. Since 2008, It hasn't been an issue.

ICN Member
    http://www.beckersorthopedicandspine...ent-procedures
    On spinal cord neurostimulator codes, some minor revisions have been made to the CPT codes, as follows:

* Code 64561 for the percutaneous implantation of neurostimulator electrode array of the sacral nerve (transforaminal placement) for an InterStim used for an overactive bladder (which is usually used for stage I trial procedures) has been revised to add the word "array (electrode array) instead of just electrode. CPT instructs to use new Category III codes 0282T-0284T when implanting trial or permanent electrode arrays or pulse generators to be used for peripheral subcutaneous field stimulation procedures.

* The same change was made to code 64581 for incision for implantation of neurostimulator electrode array of the sacral nerve (transforaminal placement) for the stage II permanent InterStim procedure, where the word "array" was added to the code descriptor.

* Code 64585 for the revision or removal of a peripheral neurostimulator electrode array also added the word "array" to the code descriptor. There was no change to the code for the implantation of the generator used in the permanent procedure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information