View Full Version : tipped bladder question

06-10-2005, 05:32 AM
Some one i know had a tipped bladder. she felt urgency all time.
when they tied her bladder up, now she is fine.
what is this called?
and what are the tests for this condition?

06-11-2005, 05:15 AM
I'm going to take a stab at this cause my grandmother had a tipped bladder. I'm not sure what it's called but I bet it would show up in a sonogram maybe. It was very functionable for her. The symptoms of frequency really were not very severe. Ann

06-14-2005, 12:49 PM
A tipped Bladder may refer to a bladder prolapse also known as a "cystocele". It's caused by weakening of the connective tissue (fascia) surrounding the bladder causing it to "lean" into the vagina. It can be diagnosed by complaints of a "bulging" feeling in the vagina and by a doctor/gyn/physical therapist who will do a pelvic exam and see if they note the presence of a prolapse (done manually).