Our Sponsors and Advertisers (2012-2013)
Uroplasty - Maker of Urgent PC Neuromodulation System for Overactive Bladder Symptoms
AkPharma - Makers of Prelief
Farr Laboratories - Makers of CystaQ
The Natural Bladder - Makers of BladderQ
Desert Harvest - Makers of the Desert Harvest Aloe supplements
Access To Patients - Clinical Trial Recruitment
Educational grants or advertiser fees from third-party sponsors at the IC Network and our affiliated web sites do not imply an endorsement or promotion of the sponsor, nor its content, products, or services. The IC Network does NOT endorse products and/or services. The IC Network clearly identifies third-party sponsors throughout the site.
2013 Advertising Guide
Founded in 1995, the Interstitial Cystitis Network is a woman owned,"social advocacy" health education company dedicated to interstitial cystitis and other pelvic pain disorders. Using the internet, we create innovative solutions to the pressing problems facing patients diagnosed with urologic conditions, medical care providers who care for them and the research community seeking new treatments and cures. For the past 16 years, we have provided critical 24/7 support to patients in need, developed new educational materials, conducted vital research, provided webinars/lectures and created IC awareness campaigns, all at NO COST to the patients who visit our website.
We offer a wide variety of services to our corporate partners and sponsors including:
- Patient Educational Materials - Creation, Editing, Distribution
- Provider Educational materials - MD's, Nurses, Nutritionists and PT's
- Clinical Trial Recruitment Campaigns – Domestic and International
- Research Study Recruitment Campaigns – Domestic and International
- Clinical Lectures, Patient Q&A's, Clinic Advertisements
- Pharmaceutical Educational Campaigns – Print, Radio, YouTube, TV
- Survey Services – Design, Distribution & Real Time Data Analysis
- IC Awareness – Print, Radio, TV, Internet, YouTube
- Traditional & Alternative Therapies - Content, Lectures and Promotions
- Medical Devices - Content, Lectures and Promotions (i.e. neurostimulation, catheters, etc.)
Sponsorship Types & Policies
(1) Corporate Sponsors
These third-party sponsors provide educational grants or advertiser fees to the IC Network for the purpose of supporting the overall development and expansion of the site. Their names/logos may appear on various pages of the website and/or newsletters in an area separate from health content.
(2) Health Content Sponsors
These third-party sponsors also provide educational grants or advertiser fees to the IC Network for the purpose of supporting the development of a specific content area at the IC Network or an affiliated website. The ICN retains full editorial control over these content areas. Names/logos/links for these sponsors are placed separate from the health content. The links provided to these sites in no way implies an endorsement of the company/organization nor its content, products, therapeutic treatment options, or services. When you leave the IC Network site to visit these sponsor sites, the IC Network retains no control over the policies and practices of these sites, nor can the ICN be responsible for their policies and practices. Exclusivity is not offered to sponsors within content areas. Regardless of whether a content area has none, one or multiple sponsors, information provided to the consumer is presented in a comprehensive and unbiased fashion.
The ICN offers third-party sponsors the opportunity to support other programs and activities at the IC Network. These include, but are not limited to: blast e-mails to our membership, special newsletters, consumer outreach programs, support chats, moderated discussions, surveys, special events, continuing medical education and more. In these instances, the IC Network clearly identifies the third-party sponsor (keeping its name/logo separate from content), and retains full editorial control over content.
(4) Health Information Developed and Sponsored by Third Party
If the IC Network posts information at its site that has been developed and sponsored by a third party, the health information sponsor will be clearly identified for the consumer (in an area separate from the health content).
- Corporate Sponsors
- Health Content Sponsors
- Other sponsorship opportunities such as the development of subdomains, chats, moderated discussions, surveys, events, continuing medical education, consumer outreach programs, newsletters and more.
- Banner advertisements
- Application sales
- As contributions, through percentage of sales from other sites (i.e. Amazon.com)
- Purchase of books and resource materials in the ICN Mail Order Center
Limitations & Responsibilities of Third-Party Sponsors
- The IC Network will not accept revenues/educational grants from third parties whose mission and goals are inconsistent with our own.
- The IC Network does not accept revenues/educational grants from sponsors whose advertising and promotional strategies are based on false or misleading claims.
- It is the advertiser's responsibility to comply with all domestic and foreign laws and regulations applicable to its advertising within the ICN (and to include all legally required legends, disclosures and statements in such advertising), including without limitation the current FDA guidelines for Direct to Physician (DTP) and Direct to Consumer (DTC) advertising. The ICN will not monitor compliance with such laws and regulations. However, the ICN reserves the right to review all advertising for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and, if the ICN becomes aware of any breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation or of these guidelines, the ICN may remove the advertising from the IC Network.
- The IC Network does not accept revenue/educational grants from companies directly involved with tobacco, alcohol, firearms and pornography.
- The IC Network does not allow third-party sponsors to place cookies in their names/logos at the IC Network or affiliated websites.
- The IC Network reserves the right to update this policy from time to time. All revisions will be posted at this site. Questions regarding this policy should be directed by email to email@example.com.
If your company is interested in learning more about corporate sponsorship or wish to schedule a Direct E-Blast or advertise in our newsletter, please contact:
Jill Osborne, CEO
J.H. Osborne, Inc.
PO Box 2159
Healdsburg, CA 95448
A note from ICN Founder Jill Osborne MA - In 2011, researchers at Harvard Medical School conducted a study of urology websites to determine if the information provided was reliable.* We are delighted to share that the IC Network and Medscape were the ONLY two IC websites specifically recognized for high quality content. Co-honorees for other urological conditions studied included the National Cancer Institute, the Mayo Clinic, the Cleveland Clinic, Sloan Kettering among others. I'm particularly proud of the fact that we were the ONLY small business and patient organization to receive this recognition due, in great part, to the scrutiny we give to the information placed on our site and, of course, our choice of sponsors.
We require of our sponsors a strong interest in interstitial cystitis, overactive bladder and/or pelvic pain disorders. Clinical trial recruitment is a given! We love to show patients that a strong and vibrant research movement is trying to solve the puzzles of IC and develop new treatments. Similarly, we welcome the opportunity to work with various clinics and research centers who wish to promote their services to this growing patient base. We are not interested in working with any company or professional who suggest that they can "cure" IC. We want proof of what you are claiming, preferably in the form of research.
Product placement is also possible. In this day and age where so many patients lack health insurance and/or access to traditional medications, the promotion of OTC supplements (i.e. Prelief, CystoProtek, CystaQ and BladderQ) is a strong interest due, of course, to solid research studies showing their effectiveness in reducing bladder symptoms. None offer a cure for IC but they may offer some relief. Products that improve daily comfort, such as heating pads, menstrual products or low acid foods, are also ideal matches for us!
If you are interested in learning more about this community, please don't hesitate to call or email me personally! I would be more than happy to talk with you!