Latest Blog Article: Vaginal Mesh Sling Complications and IC?
    ICN Member

Feels like I am peeing razor blades

Hello again! I have been doing pretty good for a while now. My kidney stones caused my ic to flare forever. Well Iaat Friday my hubby and I were having sex and the condom broke. Well I started spotting that day but decided to take the morning after pill first choice anyway on Saturday. Well Sunday my problem started. When I pee if feels like I have been sliced up w razor blades and pouring acid on it. It doesn't feel like my regular uti because with those I burn only at the end and it's a different type of burn. I went to my gynecologist on Tuesday. She sent off a ua. And a wet mount. Then told me she wouldn't no anything until next Wednesday over 7 days gave me cipro and that was it. And it is getting worse than better. What can this be? Did the hormones n the morning after pill do this? Is it yeast? She checked me for std's but I have been monogamous. Pyridium doesn't touch the pain.
    Last edited by Dees1977; 06-27-2013 at 06:01 AM.

ouch ouch ouch..........did you try a half teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water???
    Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
    IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
    IC Diet Website
    For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
    Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
    Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
    IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

ICN Member
    No I haven't tried that. I don't have yeast or a bacteria infection. I'm
    Scared idk what is going on.

Well, see what the doctor comes up with next week. In the meantime, unless you have high blood pressure problems, give the glass of water with a half tsp of baking soda a chance. Also try soaking in a warm bath with Epsom salts. Maybe you can get some sleep tonight, hun.
    Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
    IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
    IC Diet Website
    For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
    Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
    Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
    IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

ICN Member
    The baking soda and water didnt help I am so worried. When I pee it hurts so bad I feel like I'm going to pass out. Plus I have been on my period for 9 days. Idk if the morning after pill has done this. I'm scared.

You might want to try taking 3 or 4 Tums to see if that helps. There's also AZO, available over the counter. It will turn your urine a bright orange color and stains everything so I suggest panty liners if you try it.

Sending well wishes,
    Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/patient-r...on/#icfoodlist

You'll find my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions...tories/page/6/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
    .....My Meggie.....

Thread Information