Latest Blog Article: New IC Treatments Use Liposomes To Deliver BotoxA Into The Bladder
    ICN Member

Question pain in the pubic area?

Hi everyone
    I have been diagnosed nearly five months ago with IC. I have had a lot of frequency, urgency and pressure feelings and very little pain in a point near my urtehra.
    In the last months ,I noticed also a pain around my hair pubic area that was more intense when my frequency and urgency relieved(I do not know why).
    I was in treatment for ureaplasma in december and now I suppose the infection is cleared as I have tested twice negatively for it, but in any case I do not think this pain is related to the ureaplasma infection.
    The thing is that the last ten days or so, I have noticed a lot of less presure in my bladder , less urgency and I have reduced my frequency from seventeen times to eleven or twelve , but I have started to feel more intense the pain around my pubic area .It is a pain more intense at both sides of the pubic area, I think it is where the muscles are located. My phisical therapist says they can be those muscles , but I am afraid it could be something else.Does anybody feel pain in that area? I do not feel pain in my baldder , just I have felt pressure sometimes, but the pain in the pubic area is so strange. It is as if the skin under the pubic hair was damaged, as if somebody would had kicked me there(sorry for the expression , but it is as I feel) Please anybody feels this symptom or has anytome felt it?
    Best regards
    Monica
    IC diagnosed by symptoms at the end of september 2011.
    Other conditions:
    Asthma (controled since 13 years old )
    A kind of bladder cyst discovered by cysto and removed from bladder ( october 2011)The biopsy did not show any abnormality , but it did not also show inflamatory infiltration from IC what is strange for many uros consulted about IC.
    VPH diagnosed in november 2011(actually it has not caused any damage showed in my paps)
    PAST IC symptoms :frequency, urgency , bladder pressure and lately pain around the pubic area which increases when my frequency is lower.
    Past treatments: DMSO instills, rescue instills at home, MSM. Atarax , DETROL.,lorezapam, phisical therapy
    I am nearly symptom free since december 2012 :no pain., normal frecuency, no urgency , no pressure...

Current tratments:
    After getting rid of an intestinal candida which was surely the main culprint of my IC symptoms I am now following an stict hepatic diet and gluten free diet .
    Current suplements: OMEGA3, quercityn, pure IGF (this one every two months), probiotics, vitamin A, ihaluronic acid with MSM, shark cartilague, and other suplements always under my doctor prescription.

Smile

hi monic433.i get pain down there like that every day and night.i have suffered this chronic pain for two years now and no doctor knows what is going on.my bladder hurts when it fills up and hurts when it empties.i get pain down the inside of my thighs as well.i have urgency to pee about 25 times a day and about 5 times a night.it is the chronic pain that is really getting me down so i know how you feel.it does impact on your life really badly and nothing seems to be able to stop it.i hope you get your pain sorted out soon.take care.

ICN Member

Hi Fairydust

Hi fairydust
    I feel very much that you have been in pain for such a long time As for the frequency ,I think maybe an OAB medicine can help you a litte in case you are not still taking it. I am taking also Atarax in the night and some natural suplements as MSM, omega3 , and are currently doing PT which gives me a lot of relief. I started a course of DMSO instills two weeks ago and must still have to check if they run for me. I am going to begin tomorrow also acupuncture so as you see I am trying evrything I can. This pain is strange for me as I did not have it for months and it is not a pain in my bladder as I supposed most people with IC had.
    Hope you can get a relief soon.
    IC diagnosed by symptoms at the end of september 2011.
    Other conditions:
    Asthma (controled since 13 years old )
    A kind of bladder cyst discovered by cysto and removed from bladder ( october 2011)The biopsy did not show any abnormality , but it did not also show inflamatory infiltration from IC what is strange for many uros consulted about IC.
    VPH diagnosed in november 2011(actually it has not caused any damage showed in my paps)
    PAST IC symptoms :frequency, urgency , bladder pressure and lately pain around the pubic area which increases when my frequency is lower.
    Past treatments: DMSO instills, rescue instills at home, MSM. Atarax , DETROL.,lorezapam, phisical therapy
    I am nearly symptom free since december 2012 :no pain., normal frecuency, no urgency , no pressure...

Current tratments:
    After getting rid of an intestinal candida which was surely the main culprint of my IC symptoms I am now following an stict hepatic diet and gluten free diet .
    Current suplements: OMEGA3, quercityn, pure IGF (this one every two months), probiotics, vitamin A, ihaluronic acid with MSM, shark cartilague, and other suplements always under my doctor prescription.

I have constant pain in my bladder but I also have a similar feeling that I think you are talking about. I describe it as what it might feel like from the inside if someone was on the outside pulling my pubic hair as hard as they can. It's a strange pain indeed and I don't have it all the time but sometime that pain will flare up. I have wondered if it is nerve pain or pain from the inside of the bladder lining and just manifests itself this way. I don't really know but just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone.
    Live life to the fullest day to day. The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time!

DX: IC - November 2002 after hysterectomy
    Interstim implanted March 2006 - died May 2011
    Interstim replacement June 2011
    Meds: Pain meds, muscle relaxer, cystex, and marcaine bladder instills as needed.
    Docs: Pain management doc, urologist, family practice

Smile

thanks monic43.it certainly is not much fun having constant bladder pain.the medications you mentioned,i have never heard of them.i think it is because we live in different countries and the medications are called different names.i assume your from the usa?i live in australia.i often get a cold pain down there and it feels like most times,like you are busting to the point it hurts.that is the constant pain i get plus the cold pain as well.also,pain down the inner thighs all the time.i can tell you this really does effect my marriage alot.thanks again and take care.

Wink

hi momw/ic.thanks for your support with the chronic pain issue in the bladder area.your pain sounds different to mine.it must be very hard for you to cope with on a daily basis.i am finding that after 2 years of chronic pain in my bladder and all the other bladder problems i have,i am not coping hardly at all.i suffer chronic migraines as well and all this pain in my body is really getting to me.it has effected my life big time and my families lives as well.i guess that is why so many women come to this support site.thanks again and take care.

I haven't been on here for a long time. My burning in that area has started up again. Most likely due to me having to space out my instills because of waiting to see the uro to set up my meds again under a new insurance group, and stress of my son applying to colleges.
    bunnykinb

6/04 dx Mild IC; 3/06 2nd hydro/cysto w/2nd uro; Moderate IC now. IBS dx 11/03. 6/08 dx Vulva Vestibulitis/Pelvic Floor Spasms

tried & failed treatments: Urocit K 2x/day, Prelief & Atarax 25 mg 3/05-6/06; elavil 10mg 11/30/06-2/28/07 (stopped due to hunger); elmiron orally but had throat tightness;heparin instills 1x/mo 9/04-2/05;elmiron instills every 2 wks 7/05-2/06;20 DMSO 7/28/06-9/07.nortriptyline 10mg 4/07-10/07current meds/treatments:Tofrinal 25mg;Yasmin bc. Heparin instills every 2 weeks 2/08-present. Mix: 8cc lidocaine, 8cc heparin (40,000 units), & 3cc sodium bicarb. main symptoms: frequency & labia/clitorial burning

Talking

hi bunnykinb.sorry to hear that you have that burning sensation again.have you been in remission for a long time?i always wondered if stress is a factor in ic and other bladder related issues.my daughter is in her last year of high school here in australia and all she ever talks about is finding a dress for her formal,going to schoolies at the end of the year where lots of students who finish school stay in tourist places and party for a week straight and her 18th birthday which is at the end of the year.she has no clue what she wants to do in life which stresses me out more.i know where your coming from but at least your son is applying to colleges to study which is a great thing.i hope your symptons get better soon.if you need some support and a chat,just post on this forum.take care and good luck.

Thread Information