06-04-2010, 08:07 PM #1
Clinical Trial For Bladder Pain - Repost
Stabbing, burning, piercing bladder pain? Donít suffer in silence.
A Clinical Research Opportunity: Join in the quest to advance new pain medicines for Interstitial Cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome (IC/PBS)
There are currently few good treatments to treat IC/PBS pain and other symptoms. New medicines are needed. Yet this can only happen through clinical trials and the willingness of those living with IC/PBS to take part.
A new clinical trial is now enrolling patients with IC/PBS pain. If you suffer from moderate to severe pain associated with IC/PBS, please consider this an invitation to take part in an important clinical trial.
This clinical trial is designed to see how well a study medicine for pain works at reducing moderate to severe IC/PBS pain. It will also explore the affect of the medicine on urination frequency and urgency.
For a limited time, and in several countries, this IC/PBS clinical study is screening people over age 18 years old with IC/PBS. Once approximately 300 IC/PBS patients have enrolled in this study, this clinical research opportunity is planned to close.
If you qualify for the study, you will receive 2 subcutaneous injections of the study medicine or
placebo (dummy medicine) at the clinic on two study visits. Over the 24-week study period, after
a screening process, you will need to visit the study center 7 times with at least 3 telephone contacts from the research site.
To qualify, you must:
o Be at least 18 years or older
o Have had IC/PBS symptoms (including pain) for at least 6 months
o Agree to attend the required clinic visits for 24 weeks after screening, and follow the treatment plan carefully
o Agree to keep a daily diary of your symptoms
o Undergo cystoscopy unless youíve had this procedure within the past two years
If you qualify and agree to participate you will:
o Possibly gain more knowledge about your IC/PBS and how to manage it
o Have a greater chance (80%) of receiving the study medicine, and less of a chance (20%) of receiving the placebo (dummy medicine)
o Keep a daily diary that will carefully monitor your pain and other symptoms
o Receive medical tests help you learn about your body and its response to the study medicine
o Possibly be compensated for travel
Visit www.BladderPainStudy.org today to see if you might qualify.Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Diana Brady CNC on alternative medicines. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/
Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!
Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By braykittie in forum Bladder Augmentation & RepairReplies: 28Last Post: 03-26-2011, 05:56 PM
By icnmgrjill in forum The Latest IC, BPS & Pelvic Pain ResearchReplies: 20Last Post: 03-08-2010, 11:19 AM
By rebekahpoet in forum Introduce yourself and share your storyReplies: 11Last Post: 07-26-2009, 08:09 AM
By snowgirl in forum Pain Management For Interstitial CystitisReplies: 79Last Post: 11-05-2008, 01:23 PM
By shennan in forum Pain Management For Interstitial CystitisReplies: 10Last Post: 05-29-2006, 12:55 PM