Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ICN Member

Desert Harvest Aloe Vera Medicine

Hi, Has anyone tried the Desert Harvest Aloe Vera Medicine. It sounds like it is a natural treatment opposed to a chemical treatment and is an anti inflamatory pain killer. I was diagnosed a year and a half ago and my life has never been the same! I went to a urologist who diagnosed me and sent me on my way. I have been managing my symptoms but they may be changing and I need to seek a physician who will truly work with me on the best treatment.

Thanks for your response,

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

A lot of people have had good luck with the Desert Harvest. The formula they use is specific for IC patients.
    Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
    IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC?

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
    IC Diet Website
    For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
    Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
    Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
    IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

ICN Member
    Hi Julie, Have you ever used the Desert Aloe or do you know of many who have. It is difficult to know what to try at times because of the uncertainty of a flareup with a new item!

Thanks,

Marilyn

So has anyone had any luck trying another brand of Aloe Vera by chance?
    Let's wonder the obscure. Let's wonder the radiant. Let's wander this earth hand in hand.

My bike... my bff and escape from the daily grind!

"'I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one." Maya Angelou

Oh... and my name is Leslie

The thing about Desert Harvest aloe is that it is formulated specifically for IC. It is a super concentrated formula that has all of the laxative properties removed. To get the same effect from other aloe preparations you would have to take something like six times the dose which would stimulate the bowels way too much.

To be honest, the best place to get information is directly from their website. They also are very helpful over the phone. :-)
    Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
    IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC?

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
    IC Diet Website
    For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
    Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
    Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
    IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

ICN Member
    I've been using it for about 4-5 years and it has helped me a lot. I would try it.

I would highly recommend both the DH Aloe Vera and the Cystoprotek. Just keep in mind that they are not overnight cures. They take about the same time on average, as the Elmiron. I was noticing relief after about two weeks.

Wishing you well on your journey.

God Bless,

Skyn
    IBS diagnosed - 1987
    Severe IC diagnosed - July 10, 2009 (Sister diagnosed 2004)

IC/IBS WILL NOT DEFEAT ME OR DEFINE ME

Allergic to: Penicillan, Imitrex, Levbid, Loestrin, Detrol, Cipro, Morphine, Dilaudid, Pryridium Plus, Fentyl,Toradol, Neurontin, Zoloft, Amitriptyline, , Elmiron, Atarax, Levaquin and most generics.

Tried: Dye Free Benadryl (nausea) and Prelief

Trying: Valium Suppositories, Vitamin E Suppositories, Estrace Cream, Marcaine Home Instills and Lutera.

Emergency Flare Meds: Percocet (pain management), Valium (anxiety management) and Pyridium (before installations).

What's working: Cystoprotek, Shaklee Pro/Prebiotics and DH Aloe Vera.

* Stay with me God the night is dark, the night is cold. My little spark of courage dies. The night is long. Be with me God and make me strong.

ICN Member
    desert harvest put me into remission. i have been on it for a few years now, i am also using msm/glucosamine from trimedica its 99% pure. i take fish oil and an probiotic also.

i would only use the desert harvest brand because its specifically for ic. i have read somewhere that aloe vera with coral calcium by healthy life harvests is recommmended. but to be on the safe side i would recommed desert harvest.

No longer active
    It took me 3 weeks to get my sample of 6 capsules.
    I tried them , and it was way to soon to see any improvement.
    I ordered a Bottle of them , and am still waiting for them to arrive.

I hope it works !

It sounds promissing*

I was hopeful that DH Aloe will help me , but it did not. I am on my third bottle and still nothing. Neither CP or Aloe are helping me. I have symptoms for many years now and think that this is the reason why it is so hard to find treatment that is working.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Symptoms since 2005
    Diagnosed with IC october 2009 via PST

I am on Desert Harvest Aloe. I do believe it makes a difference. The aloe combined with Cystoprotek made a noticeable difference within a few short weeks. But I have a long way to go yet to be where I want to be, but it's definitely helped me so I don't feel like I'm going insane with frequency all of the time!
    36 Years old, Live in Bay Area, California.

Update! Feeling much better these days and can usually live my life! I've had severe IC symptoms since Nov '08, and I've had treatments since June '09. I'm so thankful for the info on this forum to help me get to a place where I can feel okay.

Pelvic pain began July 2008. Urinary frequency began in November of 2008. IC Doctor says I'm one of the worst frequency patients he has had.

Main symptoms: Frequency, burning pain. Sometimes I feel I have to go even after I empty my bladder. Completed 8 months of physical therapy.

Currently on: IC Diet, Elavil (30mg), Elmiron since June '09 (500mg/day).

Previously tried and quit: one series of six instillations, Neurontin, Ditropan, Oxytrol, electric stimulation to the pelvic floor, Desert Harvest Aloe, Cystoprotek and Flomax, Hydroxyzine (50mg), Alesse Birth control (this helped my period flares when my symptoms used to be bad), PTNS (I think this helped).

I just ordered DH Aloe

I just ordered some DH Aloe from the ICN store and was wondering how many times a day you take it? Do you take it with just water or with food?? I know it can take a while to see if it works, but at this time Im willing to try anything. Ive been in a horrible flare for the past month (pain, frequency, burning). Im actually going to see my uro on Thursday. Hopefully he will suggest something that will alleviate some of this symptons. Currently Im on Elmiron and just starting taking Vesicare. Seems like the Vesicare is helping at times and sometimes it doesnt. Any advice on the DH Aloe and any other medications that may help my symptons would be great!

Holly

ICN Member
    this link on their site is very helpful

http://desertharvest.com/IC_dosage.html

I drink a full glass of water with mine because it can give me the burps but if I drink the water I'm fine. Taking it with or without food is fine. I think it's more the water at least for me.

ICN Member

Hi

I've used the desert harvest aloe vera for 1 week, my pains were practically zero, but I've been visiting the washroom more frequently than I use to so I stop using this.

Has any one ever tried the Healthy Life Harvest IC Aloe Vera. and got better results.

thx

June Canada

ICN Member
    Did you test it on your skin to see if you are allergic? I can't see how it would make you pee more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information