Latest Blog Article: ICN E-Newsletter - October 24, 2014 - New IC Treatment Guidelines Released, Clinical Trial, Research & Clinic News

Thread: Crystal Wand?

ICN Member

Crystal Wand?

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone having Pelvic Floor Therapy has used a Crystal Wand, and if so, has it helped you?
    I have had 3 treatments with my PT and she is suggesting I get a crystal wand, to try & relax the muscles for the time in between sessions with her. Just curious if this has helped anyone else.
    Thanks.
    Michelle

Yes I use it. I got mine at Amazon.com for a good price. I found that doing manual therapy worked best with a gloved hand but the wand helped with the spots I couldn't reach. My worst spot was down at about a 4:30 position. The wand helped me tremendously with that. My PT showed me how to use it to reach those spots.
    36 Years old, Live in Bay Area, California.

Update! Feeling much better these days and can usually live my life! I've had severe IC symptoms since Nov '08, and I've had treatments since June '09. I'm so thankful for the info on this forum to help me get to a place where I can feel okay.

Pelvic pain began July 2008. Urinary frequency began in November of 2008. IC Doctor says I'm one of the worst frequency patients he has had.

Main symptoms: Frequency, burning pain. Sometimes I feel I have to go even after I empty my bladder. Completed 8 months of physical therapy.

Currently on: IC Diet, Elavil (30mg), Elmiron since June '09 (500mg/day).

Previously tried and quit: one series of six instillations, Neurontin, Ditropan, Oxytrol, electric stimulation to the pelvic floor, Desert Harvest Aloe, Cystoprotek and Flomax, Hydroxyzine (50mg), Alesse Birth control (this helped my period flares when my symptoms used to be bad), PTNS (I think this helped).

ICN Member

Crystal Wand

Thanks Musiclover for your response. I have ordered mine (from Drugstore.com) and hope my PT can teach me how to use it as well. I definately need some muscles to relax!

Thread Information