Latest Blog Article: Donations for IC Research & IC Awareness Month
    ICN Member

JELLO?? can we eat this....??

Ok. SO JELLO is not part of my diet at all....but today I am prepping for my barium and enema tomorrow....and I am starving...I am not use to being told not to eat, or to hold off eating on certain foods....so this diet restriction is killing me....anyway...i have been through worse....

BUT since I am starving right now....and I never thought I would buy jello in my life.....it is a suggestion on my lunch and supper menu today as "FOOD" I can have along with a clear broth....

CAN WE EAT JELLO?? if so what kind?? What does it look like? is jello the same as Jello pudding...or do they mean JUST JELLO...like the stuff that wiggles and moves...etc...I have no clue...HELP!! I am starving! thanks

Peace
    Blue

I think the pudding is not ok because it involves milk. I personally avoid jello because of the colorants & fruit flavors. Maybe someone who's tried it since IC will come along & help...
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 60mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills every morning and night
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic to prevent UTI infections from 2x daily catheter use
    -Colace & Senna to treat chronic constipation from meds
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

It is just plain oh JELLO not JELLO pudding as it isn't considered a clear. I eat red jellow and it doesn't bother me. I would not worry about it to much as you need the fluid part of the Jello. What kind of test are you having done if you want to share. HOPE YOU WILL FEEL BETTER SOON.
    esophagus spasams
    dyastalic disfuntion with stiffness of right heart valve
    lymphedema of left leg and ankle
    venous insufficensy
    hypothyrodisim
    IC
    Pelvic Floor Disorder-having pelvic Physical Therapy
    breast cancer 5 yrs remission
    GERD
    colitis
    swollowing difficulties have throat stretched
    Asthma
    Anemia
    Lots of medications more than 20 rx's
    Lots of doctors

Hutto, Texas (30 miles or so outside of Austin)
    Plain jello- not pudding. I think if you can manage it any color except I think they say to stay away from reds and one other color (can't remember!!) Can anyone remember what color??

ICN Member
    THank you ladies for your reply, appreciated!

I ended up not getting jello....I plowed through with just broth and water...

I actually was having a barium enema done....

I appreciate all your replies...at least for next time (but hopefully there will be no next time)...I know I can get plain ol jello!

Peace
    Blue

Just for the record in case someone else searches this topic, I can eat lime, raspberry, and grape Jello. I like them with bananas or with cottage cheese.

Of course, I don't eat them more than a couple of times a year.

How did you do with the rest of the prep? That is a question that is asked a lot!
    Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
    IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
    IC Diet Website
    For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
    Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
    Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
    IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

ICN Member
    HI Julie, thanks for info. Good to know for future. But hopefully I will not have to go through the test again.

As far as the procedure goes. It was alright. The prep was not as bad as some had mentioned. I mean for me at least. (as we all react differently)

I could not figure out why my bowels were NOT moving all day...even with the prep...it was not till about 7 pm when things started to happen for me, and it was about three hours on the toilet after that.

Then I had one last bowel movement in the morning before my test. THankgod my test was for 8 am, because I was starving.

THe procedure itself was not so bad. I did experience some cramping, similar to what some would get on the onset of their period.

BUT it was afterwards where I get the terrible "trapped gas" and pains. After I got home (about 30 minutes later)

I drank a ton of water and this helped release the gas. So about one hour afterwards was a bit of discomfort, till I released the gas that waas trapped inside and then I was fine.

So about one hour of discomfort afterwards, and then I was good. Hope this helps anyone who is wondering.

Peace
    Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Julie B View Post
    Just for the record in case someone else searches this topic, I can eat lime, raspberry, and grape Jello. I like them with bananas or with cottage cheese.

Of course, I don't eat them more than a couple of times a year.

How did you do with the rest of the prep? That is a question that is asked a lot!

I didn't even have the discomfort with gas. There was a little bit, but it just passed with no pain.

Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/patient-r...on/#icfoodlist

You'll find my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions...tories/page/6/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
    .....My Meggie.....

ICN Member
    I always say...we are all so different, we all have different diets that work for us, we all react differently to different procedures whether they are instills or bladder distentions....so the barium enema does not surprise me at all that yours was without incident....for me I had a bit of discomfort afterwards.

Our bodies are all unique and will react accordingly ...

Peace
    Blue

Quote Originally Posted by ICNDonna View Post
    I didn't even have the discomfort with gas. There was a little bit, but it just passed with no pain.

Donna

ICN Member

Jello caused enormous pain

Sugar free cherry jello caused the worst problems I have had yet.

- Urethral spasms
    - Urethral burning (8 on a 1-10 scale)

Big mistake eating jello. The second ingredient was a type of acid.

Beware.

ICN Member

Jello

Some one on another site (my primary immune disease site at yahoo) told me unflavored jello or champagne jello was ok.

I can find unflavored (you flavor it- but i do not know with what except fresh blueberries) but not champagne flavor.
    Any one know who makes that
    GINA1
    IC: elavil - dizziness sleeplessness
    elmiron caused headaches
    pyridium as needed
    naproxen 375-500mg Enteric coated as needed
    IC 2011 after knee replacement
    seing uro gyn
    urethal prolapse (2005) mesh removed 2011
    PT for back and for pelvic floor
    instillations

Thread Information