Latest Blog Article: Creating an IC Friendly Thanksgiving
    ICN Member

VOLUME of PEE during a 24 hour PERIOD?? anyone know theirs?

HI there everyone, I am just wondering if any of you ladies, or gents, have tried measuring the amount of urine you output during one 24 hour period?

I have always said my volume of urine each time I urinate is large. I never dribble, or drab or have the feeling my bladder had not emptied.

I always have a full volume of pee each time I go. I do not OVER drink water either.

SO my gyno is actually testing me for insipidus diabetes. I actually gave a SAMPLE prior to my leaving on my vacation a few weeks ago..but something happened in the lab with my sample and I had to go through another "home collection of urine" and do it all over again.

SO last week I did the urine collection over a 24 hour period, and I passed my urine into the lab, and will get my results tomorrow.

(tHey actually send you home with these big jugs to directly urinate into and then you bring them back to the lab)

I urinated a total of 8 LITRES of pee in a 24 hour period.

I am curious has anyone else tested their daily (24 hour period) of volume??

Peace
    Blue

One of the signs of diabetes is a large volume of urine. Have you had a glucose test? After my fasting blood test showed a high glucose, my doctor had me do the test and it confirmed my diabetes.

Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/patient-r...on/#icfoodlist

You'll find my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions...tories/page/6/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
    .....My Meggie.....

I am curious about the same thing. What is normal urine output if you restrict any fluid? Normal output with an intake of 2 liters water a day would be 800 ml to 2000 ml. Or on average 1 ml a minute. So you are peeing way too much.

ICN Member
    Yes, I was actually tested for diabetes last year, I fasted for this. NOt sure if things can change in under a year...?? do not know...

Now I am not sure if I had this high volume last year...? Now Diabetes does not run in the family....but again we all know this does not necessarily have to be the case either....I will mention this to the doc tomorrow, if my "insipidus diabetes" tests show nothing.

I just feel that with such a HIGH VOLUME output, I am peeing everything out...all the good I eat and drink seem to be lost through voiding....

I am so THIRSTY all the time...and when I DRINK I am still thirsty...mouth very dry...etc.

I even tried not drinking water after 4 pm...and I still peed HIGH volumes all night and into the next morning...?? where could the PEE come from when I am not even hydrating myself....I have to be losing nutrients from my body...??

...?? it is totally a question to me ??...

Peace
    Blue

ICN Member
    Hi Angel, you are SO VERY RIGHT...I agree!! I am peeing way too much. And yes I have restriced my water intake to see if this would change the amount (output of urine) of pee, and it did not.

A normal bladder puts out approx. 2 L of water...I am way up and over that...

I get my test results tomorrow...and I am so anxious to know if they show anything...I want to know that there will be an answer for me....I feel as though if there is no answer for this high volume...?? what the heck is going on in my body to put out so much urine??

Peace
    Blue

ICN Member
    I had a 24 hour urine catch for a medical test and peed almost one gallon (which is about 4 liters) in that period.

They said that was on the large side of normal.

well it could be diabetes insipidus

you could have a problem with your ADH hormone

or certain forms of kidney failure

the only other reason I could find that causes this online is drinking too much. that's not a problem I have either.

I have started burning bad so I guess it's a UTI irritating me

I have already pee'd almost a liter of urine today without drinking anything.

Your body even uses part of the water so it is unbelievable that you would pee more than you drink.

If I was you, I'd check my urine in the morning when you first pee upon waking up and make sure it's a darker yellow color, that way you'd know at least if you was concentrating your urine or not

Thread Information