Latest Blog Article:
    ICN Member

How long for cipro to work?

Advertisement :
    Hi again. Sorry for all the questions, I just have one more. My doctor put me on cipro 500mg twice a day for five days. I have had three pills so far and I'm a little better but stillfeeling some pain. How long before the pain goes away, am I being impatient? Thanks everyone!

ICN Member
    it always depends on a few factors, but for me I usually feel a difference in 2 days, but it can take 4 or more days for all the pain to go away. hang in there and take he whole amount he gave (you don't stop early).

Hi Anne. If you have a urine infection it could take up to a few days before you feel better. As far as IC goes my pain never goes away 100%. I always have some pressure, and it's worse when I flare.

ICN Member

IF UTI you should feel better

If I have a UTI and the antibiotic is the right one for that particular infection I feel a little better within 12 hours (I also would take pyridium). I like to always have a culture to confirm a UTI before starting anything. Darn IC never goes away though.
    I got IC in 1970! I was not diagnosed until 1991. I've tried many drugs and therapies but I tend to only resort to drugs when in a flare because when I am not in a flare (from being good on diet), I suffer only from small bladder volume (like about 7 ozs.) and peeing will relieve the discomfort. When I am feeling relatively normal, I say to myself I am glad I am not on a drug. When I am in a flare, I say, why am I not on a drug! I've recently have been trying to solve my connective issue problems in general. I look to diet and herbs mostly unless it gets really bad. I still think there is great hope for each individual finding a path to healing and there are many.

Thread Information