Latest Blog Article: Europeans Release Updated Chronic Pelvic Pain Guidelines
    ICN Member

Tiny Blood Clots in Urine and Hunner's Ulcer?

Hi everyone!

I am wondering if anyone here has passed what look like very tiny specs or clots of blood in the urine. I had this happen thoughout my entire last pregnancy, and I am currently 17 weeks pregnant, and it is starting to happen again. During my last pregnancy, I was not yet diagnosed with IC, and received one negative urine culture after the next, so I am sure infection has nothing to do with it (although I will have my urine tested to be on the safe side b/c I dont want to hurt the baby). I have yet to have a cystoscopy with hydrodistention so I"m not sure if I have Hunner's ulcers (although I suspect I do considering how many specs of blood and tissue I passed in my urine constantly in my last pregnancy).

I guess I have four questions: (1) has anyone had these specs of blood in their urine; (2) if so, were they IC-related or infection-related?; (3) is passing tissue (large chunks) and specs of blood common with hunners ulcers, and (4) did anyone have hunners ulcers not found on a regular cystoscopy but found on cysto with hydrodistention? Thank you so much ladies. I cannot wait to have this baby so I can start treating my IC.

I can't usually see the blood spots, but I almost always have microscopic ones.

Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/patient-r...on/#icfoodlist

You'll find my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions...tories/page/6/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
    .....My Meggie.....

Thumbs up blood in urine.

Hi there,
    I allways have blood in my urine and sometimes I can see the clots as well. My Uro is convinced its because of my IC. I have also passed clots that felt like stones and again my Dr. feels its from my IC. Some of us are more severe than others with our symptoms.

Good luck!!
    Hope you have a pain-free day! Ronni B.

Favorite Quote: " I only allow five minutes a day to feel sorry for myself."
    My Mom who died from Pancreatic Cancer.

Diagnosed with:
    Interstitial Cystitsis
    Heart Condition S.S.S , Pacemaker put in Feb. 2008
    Slipped disc in L4

medications:
    Fentylnol Patch
    Lortabs 10mg
    Vesicare
    Detrol
    Florinef for blood pressure

I can see the clots in mine, my urologists told me its on the severe side of IC, I know it seems to be worse the worse I'm flaring, I can go 2-3 weeks with no blood and then bleed for 2-3 weeks, unpredictable.
    Hugs and Wishes for Pain FREE days!!,
    Kara

www.loveforearth.net ~reducing plastic waste one bag at a time~

Facebook: Kara Kaiser
    Twitter: Love4Earth

Me and my Guccigirl... she helps me through those painful hours!

ICN Member
    Thank you all so much for replying...I really appreciate it! Do any of you have the ulcers with this? Also, I can totally relate that it feels like passing a stone....that is exactly what mine feels like when this happens. Ugh, I hope some genius figures IC out soon!

Arrow hunners ulcers

Yes, I do. I have what is called classic I.C.. When you have the Hunners ulcers present its
    considered classic and severe. My Doctor showed my Husband pictures of my Bladder compared to the text book pictures of I.C. and they were the same. That does'nt mean
    that you don't have I.C. if Hunners ulcers are'nt present in your Bladder.
    Hope you have a pain-free day! Ronni B.

Favorite Quote: " I only allow five minutes a day to feel sorry for myself."
    My Mom who died from Pancreatic Cancer.

Diagnosed with:
    Interstitial Cystitsis
    Heart Condition S.S.S , Pacemaker put in Feb. 2008
    Slipped disc in L4

medications:
    Fentylnol Patch
    Lortabs 10mg
    Vesicare
    Detrol
    Florinef for blood pressure

ICN Member
    I'd be sure to let your urologist know about this...

Yes I pass clots. It usually happens when my bladder is irritated.
    Nicole

Me and my cat chewbie he is my BFF

Kidney stones August 07

Cystoscopy with Biopsy 10/22/07 by Uro who did not know what was wrong with me sent me to U of M 3/13/08. Was in pain from August to now. I have found some relief with the medications.

Diseases -- Diabetes since 1990 -- Stroke 2000

ICN Member
    I have hunner ulcers after my cysto hydro i passed alot of clots for three days. About three weeks later out of the blue I look down and noticed i was peeing blood....alot. my bladder kept filling up and i would pee more blood. I went to the hospital... no answer they gave me pain killers told me to call my uro they didn't know what ic was. my uro offered to do a cysto in the office but i was afraid of a serious flare and loosing my job. I never got an answer. In the begining stages of ic i had microscopic blood in my urine but not infection. I will ask my new doc the next time i see her.. she amazing she is like a sister.

ICN Member
    Thank you all so much for confirming that I am not nuts : ) I am pretty positive that I must have an ulcer in there somewhere. Unfortunately, I was never given a cysto hydro, so I will have to wait until I have this baby to find out for sure if I have one or not. Oh, do any of you feel better for a little while after you pass the tissue/mucus/clots? I do!

I too pass blood in my urine and when I'm having a severe flare up will even pass clots that feel like passing a stone but I don't have Hunner's ulcers. At least my uro didn't say anything about them after my cysto/hydro. He only mentioned petechial hemoraghes (sp?). That of course was one thing my husband forgot to ask him and I haven't been back to see him yet (it was only a couple of weeks ago). My husband did see the pictures though and he said it only looked like the pics of the hemmoraghes, not the ulcers - so it is apparently possible to have this symptom without the ulcers.
    Tobie (aka Westiemom)
    IC Diagnosed 1-26-09 with cysto/hydro (Suffering since 2006 - Maybe longer)
    (Neurontin, Utira C, Vicodin, DMSO Instills)
    PFD Diagnosed 2006
    IBS w/C Diagnosed 2006
    High Blood Pressure (Not a problem at the moment )
    Severe Migraines
    (Ambien, Elavil, Midrin, Fioricet, Phenegren, Cephadyn, IV DHE when really bad w/IV steroids & IV magnesium)
    Depression - who wouldn't with all these problems
    (Pristiq)
    Hysterectomy 5/2005 due to Adenomyosis & Endometriosis
    Bursitis (both hips)
    TMJ

Past IC Treatments: Elmiron, Atarax, Elavil, Ditropan, Pyridium
    Past Migraine Preventives: Elavil, Pamelor, Wellbutrin, Topomax, Depakote, Baclofen, Zonegran, Verapamil
    Past Migraine Abortives: Imitrex, Frova, Maxalt, Amerge, Migranal, Relpax, Axert, Vicoden

Thread Information