Latest Blog Article: New Bladder Pain Treatment In Development - IC Clinical Trial

Thread: floaters

floaters

after reading a recent post about how much a bladder cold hold, i decided to measure mine...hehehe...peeing in a measuring cup was quite strange. i always feel like i have to go, so i try to only pee when i can't stand it anymore. today it was not quite 200ml. that amount sucks but it wasn't really what bothered me...i was scared to see a bunch of little specks floating around in there!!!! some were long and thin like little tiny worms, but most were just little specks. what the heck! is that normal!?
    Current: -pelvic floor therapy, -weekly uracyst instills

little floaters

Quote Originally Posted by an0bgobeloba View Post
    after reading a recent post about how much a bladder cold hold, i decided to measure mine...hehehe...peeing in a measuring cup was quite strange. i always feel like i have to go, so i try to only pee when i can't stand it anymore. today it was not quite 200ml. that amount sucks but it wasn't really what bothered me...i was scared to see a bunch of little specks floating around in there!!!! some were long and thin like little tiny worms, but most were just little specks. what the heck! is that normal!?
    I recently had to do labs for my physical. When I peed in the cup I was shocked to see white specks and thin white flakes! As usual I came in here ranting about it only to find that most of the ladies here have seen particles or white flakes floating in their urine too! Some even say that their spouses(w/o IC) have this too sometimes. I don't know what it is but they told me not to be alarmed.
    Best Wishes,
    Aleet
    DX'd with IC 5/08
    other Dx's~SVT: had Catheter
    Catheter Ablation Aug 19,2010
    Migraines, PFD, Hypertension,
    Prolapsed Pelvic
    Organs and Degenerative Disc
    Disease, Kidney stones, Insomnia
    Two bulging discs w/tears and osteo
    arthritis in multiple joints in the spine

Current Meds:Elmiron 400 mg per day
    Benicar Hct 40-25mg for Hypertension
    Norvasc 2.5
    Vicoden as needed for pain
    Cymbalta 30 mg
    Prelief
    CystaQ
    Prosed
    Lidoderm Patch

Psalm 121
    I will lift up my eyes to the hills from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.

"Be Kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

i have this too!

same as u are describing... i kept thinking im shedding by bladder lining gradually, maybe thats why im in pain all the time...gross and scary.
    DIAGNOSED 12/2008

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

1. THROMBOPHILIA
    2. CLASSIC IC
    3. MIGRAINES
    4. MITRAL VALVE PROLAPSE

CURRENT MEDS:

1. BABY ASPIRIN
    2. NEXIUM
    3. SANCTURA
    4. URELLE-had to stop beacause of intense itching
    5. BLADDER INSTILLATIONS (twice a week)
    3. PYRIDIUM
    7. DIET MODIFICATIONS

My dr says it is sediments in the bladder and nothing to worry about. I get my urine checked every time I see him and some times it is heavy with the white specks. He says it is nothing to worry about.
    DeAnna:

IC
    Irritable Bowel Syndrome
    FIBROMYALGIA
    and more......

PLEASE FORGIVE SPELLING

ICN Member

Am I a worrywart? Maybe.

It's encouraging to know that under some circumstances flecks, specks, flakes etc in urine are not a cause for worry, but if it was my urine I would want to know what's in it and why. You might consider peeing in a cup in your doctor's office and have him reassure you for real that it isn't something to worry about.

"How anxious should I be?" That's a question often posed on these boards, and the truth is, asking this question of people who are not doctors and who already have anxiety to spare might not get you the answer that's best for your health. There's a good chance it's nothing, but if you get it checked out you will know for sure.

The good thing about being a part of this board is that others are going through the same thing! When I pannicked about the flakes these ladies rushed to tell me that it's not a big deal because they've had them too. I immediately was relieved to hear this! I also know that the first time I saw the flakes was when I was giving a urine sample for my doc. I noticed that no one mentioned anything about the flakes (hopefully they would tell me if something was wrong with my sample).

I plan to rush to someone's aid too when they begin to pannick about something as this.

Best Wishes,
    Aleet7
    DX'd with IC 5/08
    other Dx's~SVT: had Catheter
    Catheter Ablation Aug 19,2010
    Migraines, PFD, Hypertension,
    Prolapsed Pelvic
    Organs and Degenerative Disc
    Disease, Kidney stones, Insomnia
    Two bulging discs w/tears and osteo
    arthritis in multiple joints in the spine

Current Meds:Elmiron 400 mg per day
    Benicar Hct 40-25mg for Hypertension
    Norvasc 2.5
    Vicoden as needed for pain
    Cymbalta 30 mg
    Prelief
    CystaQ
    Prosed
    Lidoderm Patch

Psalm 121
    I will lift up my eyes to the hills from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.

"Be Kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

Even a normal bladder will do some shedding --- it's normal.

Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/patient-r...on/#icfoodlist

You'll find my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions...tories/page/6/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
    .....My Meggie.....

Thread Information