Latest Blog Article: IC Awareness Daily Fact #29 - Smoking and IC
    ICN Member

My uterus is sitting on top of my bladder

I went in for my first cystoscopy yesterday. The doctor said he didn't see any ulcers. He said he I have painful bladder syndrome, not IC. All my research tells me it is the same thing. Almost as an afterthought he said my uterus was sitting on my bladder. I have had bladder problems my home life. I would assume this is bothering my IC. I almost seemed to know more about IC then he did. I was wondering if anyone else has IC and their uterus sitting on their bladder.

ICN Member

hi there

I thought all women has their uterus on the bladder or do you mean in front of the bladder.....
    I always get so confused where things are situated...i have always thought the uterus is on top of the bladder but i think it would be an issue if it had looped around and sitting in front of the bladder....
    I know with my uterus it sits on the bladder and they both hurt each other when either of them spasm....
    so if that is whats going on with you then yes i have that....
    i get so confused though with anatomy.....i just know a whole lot of squishy stuff is in that abdomen there....
    i hope someone has more of a definite answer for you...
    and you get the relief you need soon...
    I am a cat lover----wouldn't be here without em

been having a bad time so now trying meds to help the situation but its an uphill battle

One day we will all have relief from pain....i do believe that but it doesn't come fast enough....

ICN Member
    I think it sits above your bladder, but it is not suppose to sit on top of your bladder. He told me I needed to talk to my gyno.

ICN Member

Red face

i always forget my anatomy.....
    sorry about that....
    yeah i just know that both my uterus and bladder spasm and if one spasms the other does too....
    yeah i had 2 laps done and just had mild endo each time but my bladder and uterus hates each other thats for sure....
    i hope you get it all resolved soon......
    I am a cat lover----wouldn't be here without em

been having a bad time so now trying meds to help the situation but its an uphill battle

One day we will all have relief from pain....i do believe that but it doesn't come fast enough....

The uterus sits behind and the bladder is higher than the uterus. I looked it up on an other web site and thats the way it likes to me.
    esophagus spasams
    dyastalic disfuntion with stiffness of right heart valve
    lymphedema of left leg and ankle
    venous insufficensy
    hypothyrodisim
    IC
    Pelvic Floor Disorder-having pelvic Physical Therapy
    breast cancer 5 yrs remission
    GERD
    colitis
    swollowing difficulties have throat stretched
    Asthma
    Anemia
    Lots of medications more than 20 rx's
    Lots of doctors

ICN Member
    Thanks guy, my husband and I were up last night trying to find info, and we were having a hard time.

Some physicians are referring to interstitial cystitis as painful bladder syndrome --- they are the same.

Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/patient-r...on/#icfoodlist

You'll find my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions...tories/page/6/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
    .....My Meggie.....

yeah i was just going to say that....a lot of doctors interchange the two

Hi, when I was diagnosed with IC, the gyn told me my uterus was sitting on top of my bladder also. I always knew it was tilted. I remember him saying he manually moved it, but that later I may have to have it tacked if it moved back. That was back in 1999. All my check ups after that they would just tell me it was tilted which I already knew. I did have a hysterectomy but not for that reason.
    Lisa
    Current meds:Elavil, Lortab as needed, Vivelle dot hormone patch 0.1mg, estrace cream, lidocaine ointment, pepcid
    Diagnosis: IC in 1999 , IBS, Pelvic floor dysfunction, vulvodynia, vestibulitis, chronic low back pain, scoliosis, hunners ulcers on bladder, hysterectomy 2/08, fibro 3/08, sciataca

Me and my girls, my son, me and my wonderful fiance, and our puppy Miley (who loves to cuddle).

Thread Information