Latest Blog Article: ICN E-Newsletter - October 24, 2014 - New IC Treatment Guidelines Released, Clinical Trial, Research & Clinic News

Switching from Wellbutrin XL to Cymbalta - Need feedback on Cymbalta

I think the last couple nights have been my worse since I was diagnosed. I have been up not stop urinating. I started thinking back when this all started and I do remember seeing on the list of side effects of the Wellbutrin XL increased urination......................STOP! I cannot handle this and the dizziness as well. I am going to be switching to Cymbalta. My urologist did not prescribe the antidepressant, my Internal Med doc did and my husband said to me at lunch time, isn't that a conflict? Do you all think that I should not take it because of this. When I went in today for the DMSO I told them I was taking the anti-depressant cause I cant deal with life right now. I am major league depressed. They said nothing.

I would like some feedback on the Cymbalta and how it did for anyone out there taking it. I sure hope I don't gain weight...............I used to be heavy many years ago and don't want to ever be heavy again!!!!!
    Ally
    current meds and treatments
    diet
    DMSO/Rescue Treatments
    Desert Harvest Aloe
    Tramadol as needed for pain (don't like it at all)
    Contemplating Cymbalta (still on the fence)
    Pryidium Plus
    Prelief

www.myspace.com/allys64

very common for internists to prescribe anti depressants most do. They like to try before they call a consult with a pscy md. They try first. My internist prescribed my anti-depresants and I can't take them as I could not pee or my anxiety level hit the roof. My next step is med consult with pscy md. I am not sure I don't like how those drugs make ME feel. I am very sensitive that is why. Others have no problems. Quite a few ladies here on the board take cymbalta they will chime in . Vicky

ICN Member

Red face Cymbalta

hi, I just wanted to say that I have been on cymbalta for 2 years now and it has been a life saver for me! I had severe panic attacks, anxiety and depression to the point I wasnt even able to leave the house. Cymbalta has helped me alot and I was able to get over all of those issues plus get a job and go back to college. I also think that cymbalta is good for people in chronic pain which is another reason they prescribed it to me. I really hope that it helps you and that you feel better soon If you ever need someone to talk to you can always pm me I have had IC for five years now.

take care,
    tara

anti- depressants are like trial and error you have to keep taking them till you find one that works for you with minimal side effects. Sometimes it takes a few meds before you find the right one. Just like high blood pressure meds you have to keep taking them till you find one that works best for your bp and less side effects. What works for one patient may or may not work for another patient. That;s medicine. Vicky

ICN Member
    I have been taking Cymbalta for about 6 months now and have been doing fine on it. No problems with it.

Thread Information