Latest Blog Article: IC Awareness Daily Fact #30 - With gratitude, we honor those who have left their mark on the IC movement

Question prelief vs. baking soda?

hi everyone!

i read elsewhere on this site (or maybe it was another site) that if you dissolve a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and drink it, it will neutralize food acids. this seems to have helped me, but i don't really want to drag baking soda around with me all day.

does anyone know if prelief works better than the baking soda method? i'm hoping they're about equal since baking soda is a whole lot cheaper!

take care, everyone! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I stay away from bicarbonate of soda because of its sodium. I do take it very rarely for indigestion.

Prelief works so well for me that I haven't considered changing. I use mostly the granulated --- I can even have my morning coffee with Prelief sprinkled in it. The good thing is that it takes the acid out before I drink the coffee.

Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/patient-r...on/#icfoodlist

You'll find my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions...tories/page/6/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
    .....My Meggie.....

ICN Member
    Donna, you are so lucky to be able to drink coffee! I hope someday I can again too. Where do you get the powder form of prelief? I wonder if cvs or other drugstores sell it. Do you think the powder is more effective compared with the tablets?

thanks, Stephanie

ICN Member
    You can crush the Prelief pills into powder if you can't find it to buy in powder form. It's the exact same thing.
    Cathy

My sweet little doglet!

ICN Member
    Hi Whittany:

I just wanted to jump in here for a minute.

Each teaspoon of baking soda contains 1000 mg of sodium. Prelief contains no sodium, no aluminum, no sugar, no potassium. As a bonus, two Prelief tablets or 1/4 tsp of Prelief powder provide 15% (130 mg) of the FDA Recommended Daily Intake (RDI) for calcium.

Prelief powder is available direct at www.prelief.com or 1-800-994-4711. Tuckersmom is correct, Prelief tablets and Prelief powder are the same formulation; if you crush the tablets, you have Prelief powder. The powder removes the acid in the food prior to consumption, the tablets remove the acid after/while the food is consumed.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me direct as 1-800-994-4711 or bcorson@akpharma.com.

Betty Corson
    Customer Service
    For additional information on Prelief, please call 1-800-994-4711. AkPharma is a proud sponsor of the IC Network Message Board.

I prefer the baking soda vs.Prelief. I have baking soda tablets for when I travel,but they still need to be to be disolved in water. I take Prelief when I eat out because I never know all the hidden ingredients in the foods. To me,baking soda works the best,especially if the bladder hurts or the urine starts to burn or if I start having trouble getting a stream started.(I do not have high blood pressure so the baking soda is ok for me. ) I have been doing very well for the past 3 months and have only used baking soda once during that time.

ICN Member
    Thank you to all for all the useful info on prelief. I may try the baking soda as well!

Thread Information