Latest Blog Article: Female Triathletes At Risk For Pelvic Floor Disorders
Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

What is safe to drink?

I'm going out to watch a show this Friday evening and wondering what other IC sufferers can suggest to drink from a normal bar?

any suggestions would be appreciated, either soft drinks or alcoholic - as long as it's something that won't cause me pain as i have a busy day the day after the show

thanks x

I wish I could help you. But there is really nothing I can think of at a bar that and Icer can possibly drink that would not irritate their bladder. Unless you are not to diet sensitive. I for one am. Hopefully someone else will chime in and let you know something that they can drink..
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

I am with Ronda on that one. Theres nothing I can drink that doesn't irritate my bladder. I think some may have suggestions for you, I am very diet sensitive.
    Lisa
    Current meds:Elavil, Lortab as needed, Vivelle dot hormone patch 0.1mg, estrace cream, lidocaine ointment, pepcid
    Diagnosis: IC in 1999 , IBS, Pelvic floor dysfunction, vulvodynia, vestibulitis, chronic low back pain, scoliosis, hunners ulcers on bladder, hysterectomy 2/08, fibro 3/08, sciataca

Me and my girls, my son, me and my wonderful fiance, and our puppy Miley (who loves to cuddle).

thank you to you both for your advice anyway.
    i think it'll have to be bottled water : (
    thanks again

ICN Member

drimks

about the only kind of alcholic drinks that didn't bother my bladder before I had it removed were things like white wine & baileys or something like a mudslide, you know something milk based. But if alcohol bothers your bladder, even these will be out. You can always order a house specialty drink and ask them to leave out the alcohol. Just beware of the contents of the drink :ie what kind of juices it has in it etc. I went to a show and actually had them make me a decaf mocha milkshake conncotion that normally would have alcohol in it , I just had them leave it out. As for pop. It still is a no no for me.
    Tbaby

Your best bed would be bottled spring water.

Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/patient-r...on/#icfoodlist

You'll find my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions...tories/page/6/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
    .....My Meggie.....

I am not very diet sensitive. I tried a glass of wine for my in-law's 50th anniversary a few years ago and I was a mess the entire next day. I am sure it went along with the stress of it all, since my SIL and I were giving the party (that's why I tried a glass of wine to begin with) but I promised myself to never do that again! I can handle a rootbeer from time to time when I really am craving a soft drink.

drinks

I can drink a Bailey's Irish cream without any problems but I'll only drink one.
    Pam

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurenEngland View Post
    I'm going out to watch a show this Friday evening and wondering what other IC sufferers can suggest to drink from a normal bar?

any suggestions would be appreciated, either soft drinks or alcoholic - as long as it's something that won't cause me pain as i have a busy day the day after the show

thanks x
    Can anyone out there drink hot chocolate? I can have one from Peet's coffee and Tea every now and then. It doesn't bother me. Thats about it, water and hot chocolate occasionally. Even prelief doesnt work for me

ICN Member

club soda

When I get tired of plain water or marshmallow root tea, I drink club soda. It actually helps calm down the burning due to the bicarbonate (baking soda) in it. You could get that with a garnish in it so maybe it appears that you are having a "real drink". That way you don't stand out. I didn't like it at all at first, but have gotten used to the taste. Some people can't handle the carbonation, but doesn't bother me. Hope this helps.

Martini

I have absolutely no problems with a Vodka martini and the occasionall margarita. Guess I am luck after reading some of the other replies. Other than that all I ever drink is water, water and more water. Hated it at first but drinking water is like second nature to me now. Good luck. I guess with everyone it is just a trial abnd error thing. Not everyone with IC can handle the same foods and beverages.

Sara

ICN Member
    White Russians for me!!!! :woohoo:
    I've never had a problem.

They are made with Vodka, Kahlua, Baileys and Milk.
    I always thought that maybe the milk coats the bladder, like it coats your stomach .. ?

Deliciousness.

ICN Member
    When I'm not flaring, I can handle white wine, sprite, ginger ale and root beer. Occassionally I will SIP on a coke. (I love coke, and have not been able to give it up entirely). I can't drink an entire glass, but I ask for a lot of ice, and sip on it. I can tolerate a few sips, and always carrying that drink around makes me blend in more in the bar club or party.

harleybluz
    I can handle beer but only if it's in a frosted mug and 'after' I take a couple of prelief.

When I'm craving a soda, I seem ok with root beer. It's naturally caffine free.
    For my recent bachelorette party I tried drinking Malibu Rum with ice. It has a nice coconut flavor and the ice really waters is down. I also took a urelle and I seemed to be ok. It's not as strong as other straight liquors since it also has the coconut flavor. All wines/beer really seem to bother me, so I stick to the watered down Malibu (occassionally though). I've pretty much cut out alcohol unless the situation calls for it!

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information