Latest Blog Article: September is IC Awareness Month - Ten Ways You Can Help
    ICN Member

Urine 5.0-how do I raise ph? Supplements?

My urine continues to test aroung 5.0 ph...super acidic! I'm not ingesting any acidic foods, and want to raise the ph to a more normal range. Any ideas of what supplements might help? I've been using Desert Harvest Aloe and small amounts of aloe vera juice. Any ideas are welcome! Thanks!
    Sugar

Urine needs to be slightly acidic. Alkaline urine almost always means infection.

Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/patient-r...on/#icfoodlist

You'll find my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions...tories/page/6/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
    .....My Meggie.....

Donna is right but to answer you question...make sure you have enough calcium, magnesium, and potassium in your blood....take extra calcium. If your blood pressure can handle it baking soda and water is alkalizing. Drink milk, eat egg whites, and make sure you drinking plenty of water.
    Faith, Hope, and Love,
    Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back! My hope story http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/katrina.html
    http://mandksales.net
    IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
    Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

carmelann@charter.net please contact me...I am here to help!http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ICinWI/ if your from WI please contact me!

thats interesting my urine is almost always alkaline. I think its the evian water I drink.

Lyme disease diagnosed 11/05
    vulvar vestibulitis diagnosed 2/06 -worst case she has ever seen..very bad.
    IC diagnosed with hydro/cysto- may 17, 2006

Over growth of lactobicilli found 8/07 treating with doxy.

Was able to get my first internal exam evaluation for PFD....wohoo 1/18/07:woohoo:

8/22/07- was able to get my first speculum exam, with pap

Strep D found in bladder with United medical labs May 2006
    2 strains of strep in stool culture 9/06
    high Strep ASO titre found 10/06

NEW MED

Capsasin cream-once a day for 20min,
    BUt wont lie it does burn

About to start valium supositories for PFD

Trigger point injections- oct 07

Current meds:
    Neurontin- 100mg at night supposed to work up to 300mg if i can tolerate it
    Zanaflex 2mg
    IC and low oxalate diet, no sugar diet
    Xanax for appointments to help relax me since they cause so much pain

Started PT 3/07, PT has really helped me in ways I never knew that it would

Meds ive tried
    Lyrica
    Klonopin
    Singulair
    Claritin
    Pyridium
    Soma- can barely tolerate half a pill
    Atropine cream- didnt seem to work, although i found out I was applying the creams wrong
    Estradiol cream
    Urelle- caused worse bladder spasm and retention

Various antibiotics for lyme which caused yeast and made the IC and VV worse

waiting for the next chronic illness to pop up

"Did you know?
    Every 15 seconds,
    a person is
    diagnosed with
    interstitial cystitis."
    Source: J. Dimitrakov, MD

ICN Member
    Wait a minute. I am confused. I had learned that acidic bodies are diseased bodies and that we need to become more alkaline. Between 6.5-7.5. They have those PH strips to test urine and 5 is very acidic. Can someone help with this??

I thought the same thing. My husband bought me some Ph supplements that came with Ph strips. So they're out there. They are intended to make your urine more alkaline (and do work), but I don't believe in taking a lot of extra pills. I've only taken them a few times and I didn't feel any different on them. I also heard here a lot of people saying the acidity of their urine didn't relate to pain levels.
    I read one book that said IC was all about a person having a toxic acidity to their bodies and that it could be corrected. this was basically a mistaken theory I think. Of course it's bad to eat acidic foods, but if you're diet is good that's probably the most important step.

ICN Member
    I don't know . A lot of the ok foods on the Ic diet convert to acid in the body, especially grains. I have heard that it is more than just urine ph, but also blood ph also. It takes a long time to get more alkaline so a few pills would do nothing for you.

You want to keep your urine in the 7 range. Morning urine is slightly more accidic and the PH can fluctuate during the day.
    You want to make sure you don't throw your PH out of wack either, tooo alkaline is not good either. Keep it at 7 if possible.

Coudl you try taking 2 Preliefs before bedtime and see what happens?
    Laser cervical surgery after abnormal pap (moderate dysplasia) in 3/2004
    UTIs since mid 2004
    Recurrent yeast infections since mid 2005
    IC dx 3/2006
    V V dx 12/2006
    Other conditions: IBS, allergies, dry eyes.

Current IC medications:
    Elavil (since 12/06) 10 mg;
    Cysta Q (since 5/07)
    Rephresh acid jel every 3 days
    D-mannose, fish oil, Calcium Citrate, Multivitamins & garlic pills (sometimes)
    Probiotics Femdophilus or other brands
    Gy-Na-Tren for yeast infections (started using it as needed since 2010)
    Other Rx:Omeprazole 20mg; benadryl as needed, Restasis

Past Meds and why I stopped them:
    Elmiron: March to September 2006: headaches
    Lyrica:2 weeks in 2006: headaches
    Cystoprotek: from Jan to April 2007: nausea

Femcon Fe (2/07 to 10/07):caused spotting/bleeding
    BCP:Loestrin (since Ocotber 2007) to stop spotting for 2 months. V V worse. Stopped the pill in Nov 07.

"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it"

ICN Member

acidic urine

I bought some test strips and I'm still testing around 5.5-6.0ph. My daily regiment of pills includes: Desert Harvest Aloe Vera 2x day, Prelief 2 pills 2x day, Tagament 1x day, Calcium 2x day plus hydrocodone 3-4 x day for pain. I'm drinking LOTS of distilled water too!
    How does Evian water help? Is it super alkaline so it helps even things out? If so, where do you buy it by the case? I'd really like to continue to get my body back to a normal range. What's funny is that I was testing at 5.0 while also testing positive for a uti!
    Sugar

ICN Member
    Any medications (not natural ones) will make you very acidic. The hydrocodone is probably contributing. Distilled water is not a good idea. It is void of all minerals we need. Try the Evian, or use filtered water and add oxygen drops to it to help alkalize. Coral calcium is a good alkalizer as well.

ICN Member

PH of urine

My acupuncturist who is also a nutritionist is helping me to get my ph balanced. I also have very acidic urine and she told me to eat more green vegetables and cut out sugar, starches, and processed food. This also means artificial sweeteners. Unfortunately, she also says it can take anywhere from 3 to 6 months to balance out. I have been at it a month and can tell a difference but still my ph has not changed yet. She says to be patient. Hope this helps. Hang in there it takes alot of time.

Thread Information