Latest Blog Article: Female Triathletes At Risk For Pelvic Floor Disorders

Lg. Cyst on Left Ovary with Kidney pain? Advice please.

I was unsure where to post this to get a good reply. So I hope this is okay.

I had a cat-scan done a week and half ago due to my left kidney's hurting again. For those of you who know me. You may remember I was born with three kidneys. Last year I ended up having to have stint in the left kidney area (the smaller kidney) due to a blockage. Which in return caused my IC to go nuts. My IC was so out of wake I could only stand the stint for two weeks. It really needed to be in place for at least four weeks. It was two weeks of pure Hello. without the (o) No type of pain medicine or nothing I did touch the pain I had. Even after it was removed. My IC still raged for a couple of more weeks, but was more controllable.
    sorry didn't mean to ramble. I tend to do that when I'm in pain.

My results finally are back after calling for two days demanding the results. I wouldn't had done that, but I've been hurting badly in my kidney area all weekend. I knew it wasn't the kidney infection. I've been dealing with. the pain is different. I was sure it was a blockage once again.
    The RN called me back today to tell me the results where all normal except. I have a large cyst on my left ovary. When I had my hy May 17th 2005 I ask for the Gyn doing the surgery to leave my ovary's if nothing where wrong with them. At the time everything was fine.

My question is. Has any of you ladies who has had a large cyst on your ovary ever had bad kidney pain on the same side the ovary is? When I ask the RN she said that the pain I am having very well could be coming from the Ovary. I'm not saying I find it impossible or anything like that, but I do find it a bit odd to be hurting so badly in my left kidney, when she is telling me its the large cyst that is causing this pain. So I figure I would ask you ladies who may have had the same problem in the pass. What you all thought about this?

They are referring me back to the GYN to take look into this problem. I'm really scared to go back to the gyn due to the fact the last time I seen my GYN I ended up needing a leap/lap then a hy. Not to mention I ended up having three serious UTI's that required an at home IV treatment.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone has to offer.

Rhonda
    Medicine taken daily or as needed:
    1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
    2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
    3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
    4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
    5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
    5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
    6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
    7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

ICN Member
    Wow....you definitaly need to talk to your gyn. Only he/she will
    be able to explain the position and size of your cyst. I had a 4.9
    cyst when I was pregnant that caused pain.if it had been 5cm they
    would have removed it. I don't recall any pain in my kidney region.
    But, my dear, you have a very special body and perhaps one organ
    or the cyst is pushing upon another, which is pushing against your
    kidney, therefore causing pain. I now have a much smaller cyst
    on the same ovary that causes minor,but constant discomfort;
    more than before. It was explained to me that the size has nothing
    to do with the pain. I'm sure they will give you a sonogram. Just
    hang in there,sweetie. Keep us in the know about the doc's visit.
    Last edited by laura dove; 10-23-2007 at 07:53 PM. Reason: wording was weird

ICN Member
    I'm a ding dong, it slipped my mind that you had mention
    that your ovary was huge. I bet something is pushing on your kidney,
    but only the doc can tell you for sure. They will probably do a
    sono. to compare against the cat and to see if it is fluid filled.
    I just called my friend who had a cyst that was the size of
    a grapefruit. She said that it hurt her back like a you know
    what from you know where. keep us updated.

You really should see your doctor about this. I can't even guess about whether that cyst is causing your pain. I know it's hard to wait for an answer; I think that's the worst part of anything.

Warm healing thoughts,
    Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/patient-r...on/#icfoodlist

You'll find my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions...tories/page/6/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
    .....My Meggie.....

I had an ovarian cyst removed last December, it was causing me alot of pain in the kidney area, I also had a hard time sitting for very long. Once it was removed I felt 100% better.
    Work like you don't need money,

Love like you've never been hurt,

and dance like no one is watching

No matter what cysts are extremely painful and can cause problems with other organs. Mine caused me severe pain everywhere in my back and pelvic region. It really irritated my bladder. Eventually my ovary had to come out because it was so diseased from all the cysts; they had filled my ovary with blood, killing it. Although its gone I still have pain. Maybe from the scar tissue. So I think that you might be having pain from the cyst only, if everything else was fine.

Rhonda,
    Cyst can be very painful, I am so sorry you are going through this. I had one the size of an orange on my ovary when I was 20, but when I was Dx with is I also found out I was pregnant. The pain was awful I do remember that. The Dr did couldnt do anything because of the baby, but said usually they go down when you become pregnant or get on birthcontrol. and thankfully in my case it did go down..
    Well, I just wanted to lend my support and let you know your not alone.((((Hugs)))))
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Faith, Hope, and Love,
    Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back! My hope story http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/katrina.html
    http://mandksales.net
    IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
    Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

carmelann@charter.net please contact me...I am here to help!http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ICinWI/ if your from WI please contact me!

Thanks everyone,
    My uro's office got me an appt for Nov 1, @ 1:30. that time didn't work well for me. I already have another appt that day. Plus I didn't want to have to wait that long to get in with me in so much pain. So I called them myself. Since I'm already been a patient the appt. desk switch me over to the RN who can get patients in quicker if she approves it. I explain to the RN how I felt. I also explain to her I was in this much pain even tho. I already take ms cotin 100 mg 3x a day, MSIR 30mg one to two every four to six hours as needed, and I've really have been needing my break threw medicine lately, and I'm also on a 75mg pain patch. I let her also know I have chronic IC with hunners and no where was I the avg. ICER. She agreed I needed to get in asap. I'm going in to see the Dr. in the morning at 8:40 a.m. However dummy me forgot that the children are out of school for a teacher work day tomorrow.
    I'm scared to go to the ob/gyn due to before every time I seen him I ended up having to have an at home IV anti. Hopefully this time it want be so bad. My husband is going with me. My oldest daughter who is now 14 said she would sit out in the lobby with my nine year old. That way we don't end up leaving all three at home to fight with each other. Which seems like happens often since I have a 15, 14, and 9 year old. Fight, Fight, Fight. I just hope they can do something to fix this problem. Like I don't suffer enough. (I know you all understand that.) to have this added on top of all my other health problems. ............Go figure just when I thought I was doing so well. huh?
    always hits at the wrong time.

Rhonda
    Medicine taken daily or as needed:
    1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
    2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
    3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
    4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
    5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
    5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
    6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
    7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

ICN Member
    I also have an ovarian cyst and pain in the pelvic area on the same side. My dr wanted to remove it, but then I was diagnosed with IC. Now I'm afraid to have surgery because I worry my IC will get out of control or get worse! I wish you well with your GYN! I'm interested to know how it turns out.
    Karen

ICN Member
    I will be thinking of you! Good luck!!!Let us know how it goes.

IC Friend
    Oh Ronda! I am so sorry you have to deal with this too! At least you haven't lost your sense of humor. Kids! My son just turned 21 and he is human again!

I had a hyster and had them take everything. Don't know if that is the best. I just thought one less thing to worry about.

Let us know how it goes!

Thread Information