Latest Blog Article: ICN E-Newsletter - October 24, 2014 - New IC Treatment Guidelines Released, Clinical Trial, Research & Clinic News

bladder vibrating!

HELP! what do you take if/when your bladder vibrates? internaly it feels as though I have a cell phone inside of me on vibrate and it won't stop!!!! I have mentioned this to my drs before and they look at me like i am from mars! I did just take 5mg of flexeril. Anyone with any suggestions on what works or how to explain it. I have had a emotional week with family issues and work. plus to add on to it I have construction at work and there is a constant hum and vibration!
    mom to 3 wonderful kids

IC symptoms 7/03,
    hysterectomy 11/04,
    prolapse cervix 7/07
    diagnosed: IC 2007
    IBS 2008

Hopefully if you can sit down and relax with your feet up and a heat pad, the feeling will go away.

Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/patient-r...on/#icfoodlist

You'll find my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions...tories/page/6/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
    .....My Meggie.....

I don't have a vibration, but sometimes I do feel like my bladder has flutters. It has done that off and on every since I was Dx. The feeling is very strange it does not hurt just annoying..
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

i know exactly what you mean!! i tell my hubby it feels like i have a baby in there doing some weird dance,and i had my tubes tied so we know its not that it doesn't hurt,but it drives me crazy!!we all have so many different pains and pressures that go with ic,who needs 1 more,ya know.sorry i don't have an answer for you,i wish i knew how to make it stop too,if you find a solution,please let me know,lol.jamie

I will let you know if i figure this one out jamie! Thanks for the feed back!
    mom to 3 wonderful kids

IC symptoms 7/03,
    hysterectomy 11/04,
    prolapse cervix 7/07
    IBS 2008

ICN Member
    Billsbaby... I can completely relate. I tell my husband all the time that I feel the same as when I was pregnant and the baby was moving around. It's the strangest feeling... It's not painful, just annoying. In fact, it frequently keeps me up at night. The first time I noticed it was the day after my first rescue instillation. I'm not sure if the timing is related or just a coincidance. It also feels that I have uterine contractions, similar to when I had preterm labor with my pregnancies. Since I had an hysterectomy, I know that it isn't my uterus that's contracting... I also have what I call muscle twitches inside that I can feel all the way up to above my belly button.

I finally mentioned these syptoms to my doctor and he looked at me like he had never heard this described before. He quickly mentioned PFD and that there is a huge overlap of PFD with IC. I'm not sure he was convinced that I have PFD since he never came out and said that, but he wants me to try PT with myofacial massage.
    Last edited by CharlotteY; 10-25-2007 at 02:31 AM. Reason: grammar

still vibrating here! I don't know why they look at us like we just grew 2 heads! maybe we can figure it out!
    mom to 3 wonderful kids

IC symptoms 7/03,
    hysterectomy 11/04,
    prolapse cervix 7/07
    IBS 2008

i've never even thought to talk to my doc about it,i have so many things going on that i forget half the things i want to say when i go.i don't get it all dY OR ANYTHING,ITS SOMETHING THAT HAPPENS AT ALL DIFFERENT TIMES.it is so annoying tho.i wish someone would help us!!!

Sounds like pelvic floor spasms to me. I have the same problem and have since about 3 months after my IC symptoms first occured. I, too, went on flexerell, but that didn't help a whole lot. 2mg of valium taken 3 times a day really helped, and I use a vibration machine (power plate) that actually is helping more than the medication. I'm now down to two doses a day.

Let me see if I can explain what is going on with me, and maybe you can relate. First, since I was in such severe bladder pain until I was treated for my "IC", my pelvic floor muscles were always tense, which then pinched my pudendal nerve, which in response misfires signals to my pelvic floor to spasm...causing the "flutters" or "vibrations" that many complain of here. The only way to break this cycle is to somehow get the muscles to relax, so physical therapy (internal massage) was the first thing I did to relieve it, but that was only temporary at best, and who has the time to drive somewhere for that...or even do it at home. So I bought a power plate that I can use whenever I feel spasms, and 30-60-90 seconds later I'm back to normal. It's wonderful...especially since I work on the computer at home and can use the machine a few seconds and keep on working. It vibrates so intensely (you can adjust how much) that it actually reaches the internal muscles that not even my P.T. could, so I can get more out of 90 seconds of this machine than I could out of 100 hours of massage. Amazing!

Oh, and the reason I take valium instead of the flexerell is that it doesn't make me sleepy and actually is a much better muscle relaxer. So better results and more brainpower, which I need for my creative job.

I hope this helps! PM me if you would like to chat via email or phone!
    Holly
    1/19/2006 diagnosed with PBS/possible IC
    2/1/2006 Elmiron & Elavil 50mg
    3/2006 began PN symptoms
    7/18/2006 broth culture sent (found Strep D) stopped Elmiron & Elavil and began long-term amoxicillin - IC symptoms relieved at last!
    09/29/2006 PNMLT found pudendal nerve damage on rt side (nerve block to be done Oct 4)
    10/20/2006 - lyrica for PN pain (didn't last)
    11/20/2006 - cymbalta for PN (didn't last)
    12/2006 - stopped all meds and started Dr. Moldwin's therapy of valium and PT for PFD, which is still working for me
    UPDATE 7/1/2008 - weaning off the valium...taking 2mg nightly about 5 days a week, so doing great. No more pudendal nerve pain, although I'm careful about how I sit at work and try to exercise to stay relaxed to minimize PFD. A powerplate workout machine helps massage those inner PF muscles, and I take MSM and glucosamine (in MonaVie) religiously, which are both natural antiinflammatories. I feel GREAT!
    UPDATE 2/16/2010 - completely pain free!

Looks like the "IC" pain caused my PFD, which pinched and damaged my pudendal nerve, which in turn sends out misguided signals to my PF muscles....battling this pain cycle, but at least I have been pain-free bladder-wise for 2 years now!

JMHO - I don't believe that antibiotic therapy should be considered controversial....the theory that "IC" is a disease should be controversial. I believe that we all must find out what causes the damage to our bladder linings, stop that, and then let it heal. In only 9 short months, I added EVERYTHING back to my diet and have been "IC"-free for 2 years and counting.

thanks for the info--i finally don't have anymore vibrations tonight. it is usually just below my belly button. if i still had my uterus i would think it was that!
    mom to 3 wonderful kids

IC symptoms 7/03,
    hysterectomy 11/04,
    prolapse cervix 7/07
    IBS 2008

IC Friend
    I hate those annoying vibrations, but i think they might be spasms. And to billsbaby, I had my tubes tied, uterus removed and still got pregnant twice. The last one almost killed me because it was in my tubes and bursted. I was bleeding internally and they had to perform emergency surgery. I would have never thought it would be possible. I thought that I was having a really bad flare and almost quit my job because I could not take the pain anymore.

Thread Information