Latest Blog Article: New IC Treatments Use Liposomes To Deliver BotoxA Into The Bladder

Pap smear results

I had a pap last Monday and got the results in the mail today. It is slightly abnormal with a repeat in 4 months. As you can see in my sig. I have been fighting dysplasia for a few years. I had a leep ealier this year and hoped that fixed it but obviously not. My dysplasia progresses very rapidly. I went from a CIN 1 TO CIN 3 in 4 months last time so I am a little concerned about waiting 4 months to recheck. My dr said it may have shown up abnormal because my cervix is not completely healed from the leep. I am dreding this because these procedures cause so much trauma to my bladder. The pain gets so much worse. And it isn't worse for a few weeks then goes back to normal. It gets worse and stays that way I just get used to the higher pain level after about 3-4 weeks. Dr. Zaslau said the reason my pain is getting so much worse is because of the invasive procedures so close to my bladder. Not treating the dysplasia is not an option though. I am just wondering if I am ever going to get a break. When I had the LEEP the dr gave me an rx for Valium to take before hand and it helped tremendously. It about knocked me out. My leep was supposed to last 15-20 minutes and lasted over an hour because they couldn't get the bleeding stopped. So have all of that eguipment inside me for such a long time was almost unbearable. Well I needed to vent I am very upset over this. I hoped I was finished with this mess but it's me we are talking about so I should have known better. I hope everyone is having a good painfree day. Heather
    With Lots of Love and Wishes for Pain Free Days~Heather

~I was diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis at the age of 23, 4 months after getting married. I also have severe Endometriosis, Adhesion Disease and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. All of which were diagnosed AFTER being diagnosed with IC. Before IC my only health issues were a history of migraines since I was a child and a battle with cervical dysplasia. I had a LEEP in 2007 and have been clear of the cancerous cells since.~

~Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions, concerns or comments. Or if you just need a friend, someone to listen. I am almost always lurking around online somewhere. LOL~

No longer active
    I would like to tell you I went throught the same for years, and actually had cervical cancer, did the complete hysterectomy in Feb 06, Did my Pap in March 07 and it is abnormal, the same CIN3 is showing in the cervical cuff. So I am doing the repeat paps and have no cervix or body parts. It really sets me off for days and I ask for the ped. speculim. I see Dr Hembree at Cheat Lake for all this fun stuff and she is great about working close with Z to get me through this lovely stuff.

ICN Member
    Heather,
    I am sorry you are going through this. I too have struggled with HPV and cervical dysplasia for over 7 years. I had two Leeps and the abnormal Pap's kept coming. Then all of a sudden it just went away. I have had normal Paps for over a year now. My Doctor said sometimes they do clear up. I still get tested, but only once a year. I understand how scary it can all be. I can't imagine having a Leep with IC. Mine were both HORRIBLE! I changed Og.Gyn's after the last one b/c I was unhappy with the care I had during and after that Leep.
    PM me if you ever need to.
    Let us know how everything goes.
    Rachel
    DX's:
    IC; PFD; possible Fibromyalgia; IBS;

Symptoms: Frequency, Urgency, pelvic and bladder pain, bladder and pelvic spasms, difficulty starting urination, weak stream, incontinence, vaginal and urethral pain

I've Tried:
    three Hydrodistentions, various Rescue Installments; 6 DSMO treatments; Pyridium Plus; Proced; Detrol (patch); Elavil; Uricet K; Elmiron; Nortiptyline; Ultram; Allegra; Ditropan; Ditropan ER; Vesicare; regular Lidocain; Neurontin; Lyrica; and few more I can't remember!
    Currently using:
    Valium; Vicadin; Proced DS; Claritin; Buffered Lidocain; Cymbalta; Baclofen; Prazosin @ night (also on Prednisone and Adderall for my joint pain and severe fatigue)
    Heating pads; frozen water bottles; A&D ointment; Poise pads; IC dieter since 8/06; yoga; imagery & relaxation CD, Mindfullness, self healing CD's; hot baths; seat cushion; prayer
    I am 28 yrs old, dx'ed in '06, still trying to get my health undercontrol!!

Sending you (((hugs))) and I am right there with you.. Going next month for another biopsy.. Been dealing with abnormal paps for years found out I do have the HPV virus which most women do have if the have cervical dyplasia. Dont painick everyone I did say most women not ALL women.. But anyways its very treatable caught early..
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Hi Heather
    I had my first smear in may and that came back abnormal showing CIN I/II. Anyway had to have a colposcopy and then a Leep and got my results for weeks ago which said it was worse than expected and I had CIN III. the whole experience caused me to have a major flare...it was truely awful.
    How many Leeps have you had, just the one???
    Out of interest how long did you have to wait until you had you pap test after LEEP?[

the reason I ask is because I am scheduled for my first pap since leep in december and my doctor said there is no point doing the pap until at least 6months after the LEEP or else it will just come back abnormal, due to the cervix not completely healed.

I suspect this is what has happend it you because the chances of the CIN III to come back after LEEP are VERY VERY slim....in fact people to have reoccurent dysplasia is rare, so looks like you have been very unlucky my dear!!!

I also had the equiipment in side me for about an hour due to bleeding and felt as if I was in a flare for about 4 months....god my bladder was screaming in agony. Even went to ER twice begging for help and they gave me mophine on one occasion, but told me that the procedure couldnt have possibly upset my IC....welll I didnt agree with them at all as I know the LEEP had made my bladder worse.

Its good to hear that someone else felt the same as I thought I was going mad....I am very nervous for my next pap, I never thought I would be going through this at my age

pm me any time xx
    Started with symptoms 2004 after a severe infection.
    Was diagnosed with IC Feb 2006 after cystoscopy.
    Diagnosed with vulvodyina and PN in july 2006.
    Dignosed with ME and IBS Oct 2006.
    Currently taking Amytriptaline 50mg, regular pain killers and birth control!
    Also doing IC diet and regular use of heat packs.
    Still struggling with IC and controling my symptoms so looking for some help

also recently had abnormal pap, CIN III and just had LEEP done 2007

This pap came backslightly abnormal not CINIII. The gyno I saw today for endo said it would not come back abnormal b/c of the cervix not being healed so he was getting DNA testing on my pap fluid to see if the dysplasia dna is present. He was complete jerk who didn't believe in all the : IC HYPE" So I am not worrying about it I trust my pcp and he wouldn't let is sit if he felt there were need for concern. I had my leep in June (not March like my sig says. I need to fix that) so it was 4 months after my LEEP I had my forst follow up pap. If I do end up having dysplasia again they will do another colpo then, if needed, a cone biopsy. Hope all goes well for you,

~I was diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis at the age of 23, 4 months after getting married. I also have severe Endometriosis, Adhesion Disease and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. All of which were diagnosed AFTER being diagnosed with IC. Before IC my only health issues were a history of migraines since I was a child and a battle with cervical dysplasia. I had a LEEP in 2007 and have been clear of the cancerous cells since.~

~Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions, concerns or comments. Or if you just need a friend, someone to listen. I am almost always lurking around online somewhere. LOL~

thats strange as my gynocologist told me that he couldnt do anyother pap until 6months after the LEEP as my cervix would have not healed properly causing false abnormal cells.

I wonder why your gyno doesnt agree? Its strange how doctors can be so different isnt it!!!

they might do another Leep on you rather than a cone?? my friend had two leeps done now but she's all clear and has been for 2years.
    I wish you lots of luck xx

i had moderate displaysia and i also have hpv virus,i had a leep done last may,and now i am having bleeding after intercourse (again),for the last 8 months.i just went this morning for a pap to see if displaysia came back,and i have to go for a sono fri. to check and see if the fibroids came back.i am a nervous wreck waiting the 2 weeks for the results.i told my gyno that i just want a hysterectomy,i can't deal with all this stress with all these health problems!!!! there are alot of us with ic who have had displaysia!it seems like once you get one health problem you get them all.i hope everything turns out ok.jamie

i TOO HAVE THOUGHT OF A HYSTO B/C THE PAIN THE EXAMS CAUSE MY ic. i DON'T WANT TO STOP HAVING KIDS YET SO i GUESS i AM KIND OF STUCK AND JUST HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE INCREASED PAIN. The dr today was so rough with me if feels like my bladder is being oulled out my back. Katie has gymnastics tonight too so it should be a fun evening.

i have already had my tubes tied so i figuire what the h*ll!! thats the way i see it,i know what you mean,i am in so much pain today,i was already in some pain when i went,then after i am way worse.there is so much pressure on my bladder right now.i hate going to the gyno .thank god i have my pain appt. tomorrow and my pt.then friday i go back to gyno for a sono to make sure i don't have anymore fibroids growing back.i hate dr appts!!!!!

"Billsbaby" sorry to hear you are bleeding after sex. Is this what made you go for a pap in the first place, to find out about the pre-cancerous cells??!!!

i didnt have any symptoms at all I just went for my first schedules pap smear!!!!

You have mentioned the HPV virus does this cause all cell changes in the cervix???!!! Does every woman carry this virus and how do we get it??? I have been with the same partner for 6 years and have only ever had sex with two people so does this mean I have got it from one of these? Can you carry it for long time? I read that 1 in 3 women have the virus but I never really understood how it affects the cervix?

wish you all luck and love x

my first pap i had because i went in to talk about my fibroid,i wasn't even worrying about pap results,i just scheduled my surgery to remove fibroid.then before my surgery they called me to say i had abnormal pap,i went in and they did biopsy and found moderate displaysia.so i had a leep procedure during my lap. myomectomy.anyway,i have been bleeding for like 8 months after sex,which was something that happened before that surgery,so i thought,fibroid.i looked up on the computer and it said those symptoms could be fibroid,displaysia,cervical cancer,endo.i called that day to schedule another pap!!! i was told that the hpv virus i have is sexually transmitted,but its not like a sexually trans. disease.i have had 3 partners and i'm 29,i have been with my hubby for 5 years.not all hpv viruses cause cervical displaysia.i have the high risk one,which causes 70% of cervical cancer.you can find out from your doc which form of hpv you have and look it up on the net.i have to wait 2 weeks for my results now!!! no matter what once i get my results he agreed we should go ahead with the hysterectomy.i just want it done,i'm sick of stressing,i'll use all my stress up on this ic if i can help you with anything else let me know,jamie

The waiting for test results is as bad, or worse, than the tests themselves. Hang in there --- you'll know before long.

Warm hugs,
    Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/patient-r...on/#icfoodlist

You'll find my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions...tories/page/6/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
    .....My Meggie.....

Thread Information