Latest Blog Article: Vaginal Mesh Sling Complications and IC?

Lidocaine Hydrochloride Jelly USP 2%

I refer to them as jet gels. I used to be able to get them from most pharmacys. Now I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone use these? If so, where do you get them? I use them to put lidocaine directly into my urethea especially at night when my urethea is spasing. They only work for about 15 minutes, but normally long enough for my pain meds to kick in and it allowed me to empty my bladder without having that huge spasm right after. My doctor gave me prescription for a tube of lidocaine, I have tried using it with some long q-tips to apply, but it is not the same at all!

I would appreciate any help at all!!!!

Tracey

The brand of Rx lidocaine gel at my Walmart pharmacy has a little attachment like that for the plastic bottle it comes in. I changed pharmacies recently and the new pharmacy carries it, but it's a different brand and in a tube.
    Favorite quote: "Moderation kills." ~ Dr Caldwell Esselstyn

I've been remission since Aug 2009! My apologies but I will no longer respond to private messages regarding my IC and VV symptoms, diagnosis, treatments, remission, lifestyle changes including my diet or stress management techniques, etc. I am simply too busy. If you have questions please refer to my remission thread as well as the other 6000 something posts I have made on this board....they pretty much cover it all from beginning to end.

My remission story: Healing from the Inside Out
    http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?75536-My-remission-healing-from-the-inside-out
    What helped me get to and stay in remission? stress reduction, diet, time, meditation, stress reduction, stress reduction, stress reduction!--I no longer take medications for IC, PFD,VV, anxiety, or depression. Making career and lifestyle changes to reduce stress and learning techniques to manage anxiety set the stage for my bladder to heal.
    My history: No history of bladder issues***Onset of IC and VV sxs Nov 2003***Diagnosed Nov 2004 based on symptoms and hydro/biopsy results***Cysto-Hydro did not give therapeutic relief, I had complications and long recovery ***Hunner's Ulcers found and removed during hydro***Symptoms: the usual~pain, burning, spasms, frequency, urgency, nocturia, lower back and upper thigh pain, very bloated "IC Belly"

ICN Member
    Are you referring to Urojets? Your local Walmart pharmacy can order them for you. All you have to do is bring a valid Rx for Urojets to Walmart and ask one of the Pharmacists to order them for you.

Here is a link to the Urojet website
    http://www.ims-limited.com/lidocaine.htm

Thank all you you for this information...I never knew this. I just have the regular lidocaine and it's impossible to shoot up there
    Minds are like parachutes-they ony function when they are open.
    -Thomas DeWar-

ICN Newbie Volunteer

*ICN Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Wink

Tracey
    The ones I got at walmart came with the tube attachment, no extra Rx necessary. TEVA is the pharmaceutical co. of this particular gel, in case you want to call around to see which pharmacy carries it or can order it for you.

But thanks for the extra info on how to get the tubes, Catlover. I don't need them, I don't get urethral pain, just use the gel externally, but good to know this, my IC symptoms can change by the day Best wishes.

I've been remission since Aug 2009! My apologies but I will no longer respond to private messages regarding my IC and VV symptoms, diagnosis, treatments, remission, lifestyle changes including my diet or stress management techniques, etc. I am simply too busy. If you have questions please refer to my remission thread as well as the other 6000 something posts I have made on this board....they pretty much cover it all from beginning to end.

http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?75536-My-remission-healing-from-the-inside-out
    What helped me get to and stay in remission? stress reduction, diet, time, meditation, stress reduction, stress reduction, stress reduction!--I no longer take medications for IC, PFD,VV, anxiety, or depression. Making career and lifestyle changes to reduce stress and learning techniques to manage anxiety set the stage for my bladder to heal.
    My history: No history of bladder issues***Onset of IC and VV sxs Nov 2003***Diagnosed Nov 2004 based on symptoms and hydro/biopsy results***Cysto-Hydro did not give therapeutic relief, I had complications and long recovery ***Hunner's Ulcers found and removed during hydro***Symptoms: the usual~pain, burning, spasms, frequency, urgency, nocturia, lower back and upper thigh pain, very bloated "IC Belly"

Hoping...THAT was funny thank God for these tubes and we don't have to use needles to get it in

I have been through several pharmacies with getting my uro jets filled. Walgreens was great for a while, but they changed suppliers and they could no longer get them. Then I went to Rite-Aid and they were able to fill them for about 2 months and they supplier didn't carry them anymore. I went to Walmart after that. That is when the pharmacist told me that they would not be able to fill them again since it was so "expensive". I really didn't understand that logic since my insurance company pays for them, so I asked for the manager. He told me that the cost was more than they get back to order them for me. My co-pay is only $5.00 for a month's supply (60), so I just didn't get it why no pharmacy can get them. I guess insurance companies only pay a certain amount and it was just too much trouble. I have several meds that are special ordered that I know takes about 10 days to get in for my skin (eczema), but I still get it when I have a prescription. I verified that it wasn't a compound, which was a stupid question I know since they come prepackaged. I will just try to tube attachment. I have been using the long q-tips from my doctor's office, but that hasn't been effective at all! I have one package left and I have gone to every pharmacy around to see if I can get them and have been told no or that I need to get them at the ER. I even had one pharmacist tell me to order them on-line, which my doctor will not allow me to do!

Thanks for the feedback!

Tracey

I just called Walmart and talked to the manager again. They verified that the insurance companies don't pay enough for the meds to be shipped in especially at the amount I get each month. I did check out the website and I am going to call them to see if they can send them to me directly if I send them a prescription. The manager said that I would probably have to pay the full cost (expensive) and have my insurance company reimburse me if I ordered them from the supplier. What a hassle and they really worked so well for me especially when I had those right after I pee flares that get on my last nerve!

I just talked to the manufacturer. They don't provide the meds direct, but the customer service person that I talked to said that I can probably have my doctor write the prescription again and take them to a hospital pharmacy. I did tell them that there was a pharmacy in my town is refusing to fill my prescription since they were not getting paid enough from my insurance carrier. She took down the information and said that she would follow-up with them. I told her that I have heard from other people that have been able to get their prescriptions filled at the same pharmacy chain.

I will keep anyone that is interested posted!

Tracey

Cool

What a mess, huh? Keep us posted.
    I really wish you could find the Teva brand since it comes with the adapter. Maybe also try some privately owned pharmacy that carries med supplies or possbly infant feeding tube or other small cath? Or maybe even better a medicine dropper, since your lube is in a tube...cheap, no rx necessary, and could very well work. What do you think? Seems like that would be the most workable thing? There are even plastic ones available, they're VERY cheap, and you could use a new one everytime, without having to sterilize the med dropper every time. Let me know what you think?

ICN Member
    I can still get my Walmart to order them for me, and I get 120 a month. That being said, I do not get them at Walmart because their warehouse does not that amount of Urojets. I get them through Caremark, my mail order pharmacy. Caremark recently bought CVS Pharmacy. If there is a CVS in your town, you can get your Urojet prescription filled there. I also talked to Kmart. If you bring your prescription to a Kmart pharmacy, they would be more than happy to fill it for you. The only pharmacy I know of that will refuse to fill a Urojet prescription are the pharmacies inside Kroger grocery stores.

I believe we have a CVS...I will give them a try. I thought 60 was alot...My word! Do they help you alot??? I have my last one that I won't use because I keep thinking there will be a time I need it more! LOL!

Thanks so much for the help!

T83

Thread Information