Latest Blog Article: New Bladder Pain Treatment In Development - IC Clinical Trial
    ICN Member

Diagnosis Completely Collapsed Bladder

Greetings,Just came home the doctors office.The results of my catscan was a completely collapsed bladder.Now I know why the medical personel about 3 weeks ago at the imaging center had stares on their faces.They wouldnt tell me anything.Oh,Youll have to see your doctor.I just hate that!To make matters worse my doctors office had to call the imaging center to get the results.Luckely I called my primary doctor yesterday to see if they had recieved it yet.
    Miami is a very busy place.You just dont walk in and see a doctor right away.The waiting rooms here are always full.You just cant blame anyone.
    I have a script for atarax.Im going to try it again this weekend.
    Regards,GoldSeals
    54 year old male
    Diagnosed with IC in 1994
    Had symptoms since 1992
    Three cystoscopies.One biopsy with hydrodistention.
    This is what I have tried,Dmso cocktail,Elavil,Atarax,Hytrin,Detrol,Pyridium,Elmiron,Allegra,Augmenti n,Flomax,Ditrapan,Vesacare.
    Sent urine samples about 10 years ago to the famous Dr Fugguzatto.Went through plenty of Dr's which took about 2 years for an IC diagnosis.I am considered having one of the worst IC conditions known to my doctors.
    Thanks to reading the great info on this board I am presentally trying 3 more natural remedies.Msm,Glucosamine,and Quercetin

ICN Member
    Goldseals - I am sorry that your doctor did not have good news for you. I hope that the atarex will make you feel better. I have not tried atarex yet but it is on my list of possible treatments to ask my uro about. So keep us posted on how you are doing. I am keeping you in my thoughts...Linda

ICN Member
    Thanks linda for the kind words.I sort of new I had gotten worse because of the frequency and pain.I also spoke to the doctor about having the bladder removed and he told me he knows a lady in her 80's that had her bladder removed because of cancer and she volunteers at the hospital and lives a normal life.So worse comes to worse I will consider having it done.
    Untill the experts come up with something soon.I believe the ic just keeps shrinking the bladder more.Sure some people are successfull with the treatments and live normal lives.
    Its just a vicious cycle if you ask me.
    Regards,GoldSeals
    54 year old male
    Diagnosed with IC in 1994
    Had symptoms since 1992
    Three cystoscopies.One biopsy with hydrodistention.
    This is what I have tried,Dmso cocktail,Elavil,Atarax,Hytrin,Detrol,Pyridium,Elmiron,Allegra,Augmenti n,Flomax,Ditrapan,Vesacare.
    Sent urine samples about 10 years ago to the famous Dr Fugguzatto.Went through plenty of Dr's which took about 2 years for an IC diagnosis.I am considered having one of the worst IC conditions known to my doctors.
    Thanks to reading the great info on this board I am presentally trying 3 more natural remedies.Msm,Glucosamine,and Quercetin

Sorry to here this... I hope there is something the doctor can do to help you..
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Angel watching over us born2swim's Avatar
    What does a collapsed bladder mean. What causes it... I've been around this site for a little while and haven't seen that comment before! It sounds terrible... so sorry to hear you have that!
    [SIZE="1"][B]Be well, Alyssa :hi:[/B]

[

Thread Information