Latest Blog Article: IC Awareness Daily Fact #15 - Disability Benefits May Be Available
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Discomfort/Pain With Wearing Jeans

Does anyone have discomfort or pain when they wear jeans? I can not wear pants unless they are loose and without zippers. Just wondering if anyone else has the same dilema?
    Miss Bessie

Galatians 6:2 - Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Hebrews 13:2 - Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Proverbs 4:23 - Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life

Definitely. I'm finding I can hardly wear anything that even has a little elastic in it around the waist. Sweats are about the only pants that feel comfortable.

Octoberfarm, your quote is one of my favorites also.

When my IC was at its worst, I could only manage loose dresses for outside & sweats for around the house.

Later, I did find some jeans that worked well, had no waistband & were very soft, I think they were made by Liz Claiborne & were for "women" sizes (14-24) & I bought them 1 size too big for comfort.
    I also found some pants by Briggs, with a side zipper & a flat soft waistband, again bought them big. I got them at Mervyn's, I think.

Now that my IC is better managed, I wear some jeans I bought at Target, very soft & I still wear them a bit baggy. And I still prefer pants with a side zipper (less poking out in the front, makes me look skinnier!).

I hope you find something that works, it's a bummer not to be able to wear jeans!
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 60mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills every morning and night
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic to prevent UTI infections from 2x daily catheter use
    -Colace & Senna to treat chronic constipation from meds
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

ICN Member
    When I was really bad last summer, I cut big slits in my sweats and undies, too where the elastic was binding too tight and I still wear them when I'm having a bad day or night.

You are not alone on this one. I almost never wear jeans, and when I do, I usually regret it. I love skirts, and people think I'm nuts (but they don't undertand of course). I think the best pants ever invented are gouchos. You gotta get you some in every color. They can look nice or casual, they are loose, and they are oh so comfortable.

BTW: I also have a lot of discomfort with swimsuits in the summer time.

Diagnosed in February 2002 at age 17
    Current treatment:
    Elavil, Elmiron
    Ultracet - when needed
    IC diet

ICN Member
    I can't wear jeans either (unless I keep them unbuttoned) . But today I found a pair of jeans called "Tummy Tuck Jeans". They are very comfortable and stretchy. I bought them at Nordstrom Rack. You can find them at Macy's too.

I wear jeans most of the time --- I can't wear tight ones, but I do like Lee and Docker pants.

Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/patient-r...on/#icfoodlist

You'll find my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions...tories/page/6/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
    .....My Meggie.....

ICN Member

Smile jeans

i have trouble with jeans when I am in a flare especially. I have purchased pants to wear. you know not dress pants but cotton or linnen pants. they can be casual or formal. Usually JCPennys carries them . You may even find them at walmart or Tatget. In the summer you can get them with flowers on them you know the kind that look summery. And the best part is these aren't your Grandmas stretch pants. I also have "fat Jeans " for when I have a flare that way I am not so uncomfortable.
    Eva

IC Friend
    I don't wear pants at all anymore - just skirts. When things aren't bad, I wear sweats at home, but the pressing on the urethra is painful. Jeans? what are jeans? LOL
    Stephanie

Same here. I sometimes think I'll be okay and I'll try jeans...then about 2 hours later, I end up taking them off. I really need to go shopping and find some IC friendly pants.
    Diagnosis: IC, IBS, GERD, Posturial orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, chronic folliculitis, right sided aortic arch, atrial septal anuerysm, ankylosing spondylitis, TMJ

I have the same problem. I can't wear anything tight or with a thick/tight waistnband. I have been confined to 3 pairs of shorts (in the dead of winter no less) and only recently have been able to wear denim skirts and some VERY loose long pants.

Medical "Issues":
    IC
    GERD
    Tachycardia(resting rate is 125-130 )
    Medicastions:
    Tramadol-as needed (IC)-50mg
    Elmiron 200mg twice a day
    Levsin .125mg 1-2 pills 4 times a day

ICN Member
    I weat jeans but they have to be baggy. I prefer pants that are with eleastic. If I cold I would wear only swet pants but that doesn't always work. Dresses our comfortable unless you have to wear nylons than there no fun at all.

ICN Member
    Oh yes, I hate to have anything "pushing" on my bladder, because I can automatically feel any amount of urine in there, even if it is a drop.

I got stretch jeans from Coldwater Creek, bought two sizes larger than my norm. But they stay up fine and they barely touch me in the front. So that's something I can wear out, and I got a pair in black to be a little dressier. But at home, it's flannel PJ bottoms and big loose t-shirts all the way.

I had to get new clothes anyway -- gained so much weight what with the meds, the inactivity, the depression, etc. -- so I bought them all specifically with IC needs in mind (Easy to unzip? Check.). Not that I needed all that much, since I hardly go anywhere except the doctor's office. How sad is that?
    Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
    Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information