Latest Blog Article: IC Awareness Daily Fact #22 - Botox and IC

Brown urine leaking

I haven't posted in a couple of years (everything was going well down there! until about a month ago. I came down with yet another bladder infection. Urgency, frequent urination, and a bit of blood on toilet tissue after wiping myself. Took cipro for 3 days and everything seemed fine but did notice I had to urinate a lot but all OK.

About 5 days ago - I noticed a streak or two of blood again on my tissue, lower back pain. Next day I noticed I was leaking a bit of urine (brownish in colour from the urethra). I went to the emergency clinic and they took a urine sample - said I definitely had a bladder infection. but told me to wait for my results from urine culture before taking antibiotics again. I couldn't wait - it felt like the pain was getting worse. I am now taking Cipro XR for 5 days. I'm on day 2 1/2 and I'm still leaking brown urine. What's up with that?! Back pain is gone though.

Did they give you the results of the culture yet? Maybe the antibiotic you're taking isn't working on this bacteria. I'd go see the doctor if I were you...

Hope you feel better soon!
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 60mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills every morning and night
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic to prevent UTI infections from 2x daily catheter use
    -Colace & Senna to treat chronic constipation from meds
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

The brown in your urine is probably blood. I agree with Kadi --- find out the results of your culture so you're sure you're on the correct antibiotic for the specific organism involved.

Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/patient-r...on/#icfoodlist

You'll find my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions...tories/page/6/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
    .....My Meggie.....

I will only get the results on Monday from the urine culture..ugh. It's a slow process up here. The Doc had given me the prescription for Cipro in case symptoms got worse. They were - so I decided to go ahed taking them.

I thought CIPRO pretty much killed all bacteria.

IC Friend
    Unfortunately, there's many of strains of bacteria that are resistant to many antibiotics. The last two UTI's I had were ecoli based and were resistant to Cipro. Had to take Keflex.
    I agree with Donna, I think the brown urine is somehow blood. Hope you get an answer soon.
    Stephanie

Thanks guys! I feel better this morning. I drank the all natural cranberry juice last evening and didn't seem to have to get up a zillion times to pee in the night!

We'll see what the results say tomorrow. I'm just concerned about the brown urine leaking.

Thread Information