Latest Blog Article: ICN E-Newsletter - October 24, 2014 - New IC Treatment Guidelines Released, Clinical Trial, Research & Clinic News
    ICN Member

Folgers low acid coffee

Has anyone tried the new Folgers low acid coffee they are advertising on TV which is supposed to be stomach friendly and what did you think of it?

Coffee - low acid

Hi,
    I haven't tried that one, but I have used Gevalia's low acid coffees with much success. I joined their club and you can talk with the sales rep who will check the coffees and tell you which ones have the lowest acid in them.

Also, if you put some of those little packets of acid reducer into the grounds before you make the coffee, you don't need to add them to each cup. If you go to a restaurant, you can take the packets with you and use them in your coffee on the go. I don't recall the name of the product without going to get some from the pantry.

Regardless I still only use decaffienated coffee no matter what coffee I am drinking -- that is to me the biggest difference.

I will have to check out the coffee you mentioned -- I am guessing it is less expensive than the Gevalia since this is from a mail order service... but it is very good coffee and with IC, it is nice to have something you REALLY enjoy and be able to eat/drink it!

Thanks for the news -- I will check it out!

I have a toddy maker, like the one sold in the ICN Shop, and it's much less expensive to make my own low acid coffee. The toddy maker "cold brews" a coffee concentrate, which is kept refrigerated and added to hot water as used. I have one of those really hot water faucets so it's easy for me.

Donna
    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    http://www.icnsales.com for US & Canada
    http://www.icnshop.com for all others

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/patient-r...on/#icfoodlist

You'll find my story at: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions...tories/page/6/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
    .....My Meggie.....

ICN Member
    What are you talking about when you say "little packets of Acid Reducer"? Are you talking about Prelief or something else?
    Kim (chainsaw)

Thumbs up

The "Simply Smooth" is good. It is a med. roast.
    What is the acid reducer you speak of in restaurants???

mare mare

just tried it last night, i usually drink foldgers regular instant but with this new ic thing i have i had to swich to decaf, finally got rid of the withdrawl headache last night. anyway, i bought a coffee maker and the new simply smooth decaf and it is great, i put my fat free hazelnut coffeemate in it and its just like reg. coffee.:woohoo:

If only Starbuck's would come up w/ a low acid variety... <sigh>
    Wendi
    IC symptoms began in 1975; diagnosed in March 2006.
    Other conditions: PFD, Migraine, VV, Total Abd Hysterectormy on 12/27,06 for Cervical Cancer, Fibromyalgia.
    Current Daily Meds: Roxicet, Methadone, Flexoril, Flomax
    I use Prayer, Yoga, Relaxation Breathing and TENS to help relieve stress, anxiety and pain- LOTS of make up to hide my true identity!

myspace page:www.myspace.com/armslee

Thread Information