Latest Blog Article: ICN E-Newsletter - October 24, 2014 - New IC Treatment Guidelines Released, Clinical Trial, Research & Clinic News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ICN Member

Help. Constantly feel like I have to pee

How many with IC feel they have to pee constantly? Is that common?

I was diagnosed with IC three years and that has always been one on my symptoms......
    Started Vaginal Valium Suppositories April 2014
    Hysterectomy April 2003 (for abdominal pain),Diagnosed with IC August 2003
    Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Disorder 2004,Had right ovary and fallopan tube removed 2005
    Diagnosed with diverticulosis 2006,Interstim December 2006,Home Instillations 2007-not effective
    Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia November 2007,Appendectomy February 2008,
    Interstim repair December 2008,Removal of the Interstim August 2011,
    6 Hydrodistentions from 2003-2009 Diagnosed with restless leg syndrome March 2014
    Diagnosed with Raynaud's Syndrome November 2013
    Ambien 5mg for sleep.
    Elivil 50 mg at bed
    Lisinopril 20mg in AM
    Effexor 225 mg
    Oxycodone 5mg if REALLY needed for pain
    Baclofen 20mg 3x a day
    Phenazopyridine 200 mg as needed
    Omeprazole 20 mg at night
    Lyrica 450 mg daily
    Requip .50 mg at night
    Ketorolac 10 mg as needed for migraines

Other than pain, having the constant feeling of needing to urinate is my main complaint.

Youre not alone!

Take care
    diana

When I was symptomatic that was my main symptom.
    Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

My IC story: http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/kim.html It's very outdated now. I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Holly, I had that constantly need to pee feeling, but when I would go I would find that, nope - just kidding, maybe next time - or the - ok, here's just a little dribble. And as soon as I was done, I still had the need to pee feeling. So then I would not go because I didn't think I really had to go, and - Wallah! I'd either wet my britches or just barely make it to the pot on time. Gawd, that was so frustrating!! I would be in tears at times cause I was just at my wits end!
    Thankfully, I have finally gotten that all under control. I still have frequency, but the urgency thing is gone. I hope you get to feelin better, too!

Thank goodness for this board, because in real life my significant others really don't want to hear about my constant urge to pee. At least not for the 5th consecutive day! I am lucky that it only comes in waves of days and then subsides. It use to just come when I ate certain foods. Now it just seems to come because I have a pulse. I eat the same things in the same amounts in the same variation every week so why do I have it one set of days and not the next? I am having more and more symptoms that seem less diet related.

IC Friend
    This is my only symptom too. How on earth do you treat this?? I've tried so many things and still no relief! I've been on Elmiron for 6 months now and I've also just started on overactive bladder medication and still nothing! I also take Aloe Vera capsules. I'm so frustrated! This disease is such a mystery. Why is it so hard to treat this?? Sorry, I'm just letting it all out. Having one of those days.

Has anyone got any suggestions on what I should try next??
    Danii

Danii, what finally got my urgency under control was CystoProtek. You might look into trying that.....

ICN Member
    I am anxiously awaiting my cystoprotek to come in the mail. How long did it take to work for you?

IC Friend
    Hi Holly

I'm actually trying to order it right now on the internet. I'm from Australia so it's really expensive. It's going to cost me around $120 for 1 bottle and postage. I just hope it works for me.
    Danii

Yup, that's my main symptom, which has yet to disappear.

Holly, Alganot says that it could take 3 to 4 months before you see any results from CystoProtek. However, I started seeing a difference within about 2. But I was really watching what I ate & drank.

Danii, OMG! That is outrageous that it costs that much to get it sent to you! That's almost what I paid for the whole starter kit. And one bottle won't last you that long cause you have to up the # of pills you take as you go along. That is just ridiculous that it costs that much!! Gawd, I hope you see as good results as I did!!!

ICN Member
    The CystoProtek started working for me within the first month. When I am flaring, I have that constant urge to pee, as well.

ICN Member

Peeing

Are any of you taking OB medications and still feel like peeing? Sometimes even raising the dose helps.
    Sammie

IC Friend
    I'm on an overactive bladder medication and I still have the urge to pee all the time. I've only been on it for about 3 weeks now. Maybe it's takes longer to work or maybe it only really works for people with Overactive Bladder not IC.
    Danii

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information